Man, Rogan used to be terrible......

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Im a fan of Joe but watching old UFC fights Rogan was horrible lol. (Specifically Chuck Rampage) He was like a excited fanboy whos balls never dropped. Hes vastly improved.

Remember the event where he said "that's a wrap son" like half a dozen times? Awful stuff

It’s hard for Joe get as hyped as he once did now that he is a bullfrog

Chuck vs. Vitor was one of the worst I've ever seen him. Vitor might as well not have stepped in the cage cause he wasn't there or doing anything as far as Joe was calling it.

Rogan's great now though in my opinion. Still of course biased at times but most commentators are. But he and Goldie had a great thing going and I think he's the best guy out there right now.

HE IS ALL OVER
BIG SHOTS
JEEZ MAN LOOK AT THAT MALE CHIMP JAMIE
WELL, NO BECAUSE (PULLS THE MIC CLOSER)

Joe Rogan - Mike Tyson in his prime would kill Fedor and Cain in one night!

Im a fan of Joe but watching old UFC fights Rogan was horrible lol. (Specifically Chuck Rampage) He was like a excited fanboy whos balls never dropped. Hes vastly improved.

AND ITS ALL OVER!!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UFC 62: For Sure

He drops that phrase like ten times (it's probably only like 3 or 4, but I'm counting on nobody watching it to check).

Haha I never notice before, I will from now thanks TS

Chuck vs. Vitor was one of the worst I've ever seen him. Vitor might as well not have stepped in the cage cause he wasn't there or doing anything as far as Joe was calling it.

Rogan's great now though in my opinion. Still of course biased at times but most commentators are. But he and Goldie had a great thing going and I think he's the best guy out there right now.
Damn I miss Goldie.

Joe has digressed and is damn near unbearable to listen to. I thought he was leaving soon?

nah.
He has some fighters he roots for, but that is human nature IMO (being involved with fighters, you get to know and befriend them).

But even today, in a fight he does not know either fighters, he will pick one favorite and all his narrative will be making whatever the fighter he pick better and dismiss almost everything the other fighter does.
If you disagree, I simply tell you this: Watch a few fights on mute.
Then go back on your DVR and watch it with Rogan commenting on it.

You will absolutely notice the difference.

Oh, and another point: With Goldie, what he said was gold because Goldie is simply terrible! So Rogan sounded like a genius.
Now that he has smart fighters with him, you can see they disagree a lot with what he is saying.... and we both know that Rogan is wrong. He knows that as well, so he tries to keep a much lower profile & fanboyism to a minimum.

its important to remember this when people criticise new commentators. joe back in the day was pretty cringey

to this day his commentary on grappling exchanges really jumps out at me as fucking useless. he describes it all in way too much detail, when its happening right in front of our eyes - and the detail is just gibberish anyway, he just blurts out a big long chain of "LEFT LEG BEHIND THE EAR TWIST HIS RIGHT ARM SORRY HIS LEFT ARM WITH HIS OTHER ARM AND PUT THE LEFT HIP SORRY HIS LEFT THIGH ON HIS ELBOW" its fucking ruuuuuuubbisssshhhhh surely someone must have explained that hogging the mic with all that useless shite is lame as fuck

i know a lot of people dont like DC on the mic but i learn more about wresting listening to him for 5 seconds than i have in decades watching the ufc

I got nothing against Joe Rogan, but I don't really miss him when he's not commentating.

I'v always liked his enthusiasm and commentary. That's it though.

Back