Man on NJ tpk killed by dumbbell

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ll-driving-nj-turnpike-dies-article-1.2956341

This boils my blood. Last year my dad was nearly killed on a highway because some inconsiderate asshole didn't secure the load in his truck.

If it's not already, the penalty for having an unsecured load in your truck should be the same as DWI. Cops need to start cracking down on this shit.
The report said someone may have dropped it from an overpass too. Murder charges either way, imo.

Every time a protestor throws a cinder block... Just saying...

The way the pic shows an impact tells me it might have come from above.

Logic would tell me dumbells can't bounce off the asphalt that high, but I could be wrong.

lvdumbbell27n.jpg

Last edited:
There is a vid on YouTube where a woman gets killed by a brick through a window- no imagery, but you can hear the yelling.So it is possible for bricks to bounce, maybe a dumbbell can bounce too, especially the ones coated in rubber.

This is why I say suck a dick to anyone who tells me to buckle down- I need to be able to move in my car in case shit flies my way or someone comes at me with a bat.

ive heard of people dropping bricks and rocks off an overpass and killing people. makes my blood boil. that picture looks like it could be a similar thing

i agree with you on unsecured loads, ive seen some sort of plastic barrels/trash cans fall off a work truck and cars barely avoid it. i think they were empty, but those would still fuck your car up, if it doesnt kill someone

The way the pic shows an impact tells me it might have come from above.

Logic would tell me dumbells can't bounce off the asphalt that high, but I could be wrong.

lvdumbbell27n.jpg

Hmmm they have snow cover in south Jersey now. We have none in NYC or North Jersey.

People die every year from moron truck owners who don't scrape the ice off the top of their big rigs. This doesn't surprise me.

Back