Man, Lyoto would Destroy Chris WEidman

Weidman beat Phil Davis in wrestling...

Weidman easily takes Machida down and dominates that fight.

Machida stuffed 8/10 takedowns from Davis who is much bigger and probably stronger than Weidman now, and Davis didnt do shit with the takedowns he got so...
just saying :)

I'd say that fight would be a coin toss. Both guys are talented and dangerous.

Stack your money on the Dragon if they fight...hope he's at least +250 or more

machida did next to nothing besides backpeddle in the face of someone who hits much harder than he does.

heck, he was chased out of the division by phil davis.

yeah , he was chased from the division after a fight that pretty much everybody thought he won :eek:

Weidman isn't Munoz. You think Machida doesn't have that Anderson KO on his mind? We've all seen Machida go lights out. We didn't even see Weidman get touched by Anderson.

Machida stuffed 8/10 takedowns from Davis who is much bigger and probably stronger than Weidman now, and Davis didnt do shit with the takedowns he got so...
just saying :)

Davis didn't do shit with his takedowns because he got them late. Wediman has better ground striking skills then Davis, and Weidman is probably still the wrestler more so his stand up is better so it can open takedown opportunities.

Weidman isn't Jones, he can't be effective on the outside because he doesn't have the reach, and wouldn't catch Machida coming in like Jones did. He would get cracked and finished before he could ever sink any choke in.

Weidman has very long reach himself and he has a decent jab when he uses it. I doubt Machida will come in dumb like he did against Jones nor will he slow down as quickly.

Last edited:
Weidman beat Phil Davis in wrestling...

Weidman easily takes Machida down and dominates that fight.

You are comparing college wrestling to MMA kiddo. Both completely different in terms of what you can and cannot do.

Until weidman can prove his win wasnt matt serraish then I gotta agree
plus machida is a horrible match up for wrestlers

I think machida wins vs Weidman with ease.

Weidman is the champ, Munoz is the most overrated fighter in he history of the UFC MW division. There's a huge talent gap between the two. I do think machida is the biggest threat to Weidman in the division.

Machida beats weidman 7 times out of 10 in my humble opinion. Way too good of TDD, and way too advanced of a counterstriker for weidman.

He has less holes in his defense than Anderson, and has been conditioned to fight bigger wrestlers and strikers then Weidman.

That being said I always give Chris a chance.

Back