Man, Lyoto would Destroy Chris WEidman

machida did next to nothing besides backpeddle in the face of someone who hits much harder than he does.

Did nothing but land counters, which won him the fight.

Machida uses good footwork and lateral movement, this isn't rock 'em sock 'em robots.

all the nuthuggery aside, Machida pretty much is a bad matchup for Weidman, unlike Anderson. Machida is hard to take down and one of the best strikers in the ufc.

machida isnt cocky or taunts his opponents (regularly). he will stick to his gameplan that will either lead him to finishing weidman, or he'll end up losing a decision.

Machida would beat Weidman for sure, I don't know about dominate but he would defeat him i'm very confident in that.

Weidman is just too slow. The worst champion in the UFC currently no doubt.

jesus, what does that say about anderson then

Don't make me laugh. Weidman is in a completely different league to Munoz.

Large MW's with good wrestling. Weidman is better in the standup and ground game, but Machida is better than Weidman standing. Either way, it would be competitive.

machida did next to nothing besides backpeddle in the face of someone who hits much harder than he does.

heck, he was chased out of the division by phil davis.

And blast him with powerful knees and kicks all night long. There's simply no argument to justify scoring that fight for Henderson, he barely threw anything and landed little of what he did.

jones sure as hell could choke lyoto out though, something i think chris can do as well.

Weidman isn't Jones, he can't be effective on the outside because he doesn't have the reach, and wouldn't catch Machida coming in like Jones did. He would get cracked and finished before he could ever sink any choke in.

Machida is too small , doesn't have Silva's chin nor technique. The MW division is owned by Weidman and Silva

what?, machida fought at LHW for years, but he's "too small" for MW?. this thread is fucked by some of the retarded responses that havent been thought through at all....

jesus, what does that say about anderson then

it says that Weidman is a bad match up for him and that he is almost 40, While Machida is a bit younger and is a bad match up for wrestlers, unlike Anderson.

I think Machida would have a clear advantage in that fight. Weidman is really good...but I think it's a bad matchup for him.

Weidman knocks out Munoz and people go nuts calling him the "next goat".

Machida does it and people scream Munoz should be cut.

I wont say that Machida would beat Weidman based off the Munoz win alone, but from watching Machida for years, I believe he is a bad match up for him and would win the fight.

Would be a harder fight then Munoz for sure but when that fight happens I will be betting on the Dragon.

Weidman beat Phil Davis in wrestling...

Weidman easily takes Machida down and dominates that fight.

I definitely think Machida would win. Unfortunately, Weidman will lose to Silva.

machida looked great and id love to see him be the champion.but this is a completley baseless comment

Back