Man, Lyoto would Destroy Chris WEidman

I seriously think Machida would be a great match up with Weidman. He would give him a better fight than Anderson did. It's hard to call that one.

It seems that Munoz is suffering from Arlovski disease. His chin.is gone. He blocked the kick and it was enough to put mark out.

nightmare matchup for Chris.

His TDD is way better than Anderson's.

He would have a better match up than Anderson

This. Stylistically Machida is a considerably tougher fight for Weidman than Anderson is. Machida being naturally very hard to take down allows him to have a training camp dedicated more to striking. He's naturally stronger than AS and probably has a bit more power too. However, sometimes Machida just freezes up if his opponent doesn't do what he wants him to do so you never know with if you'll get that version of Lyoto.

nightmare matchup for Chris.

His TDD is way better than Anderson's.

And that right there is the difference.

Machida has been better about stuffing TDs than Silva has and is nearly impossible to hold down when someone actually gets him down.

So people are either in the "Machida kills Chris" or the "don't make me laugh" camp. Where are the "it's an amazing match up and a winnable fight for both guys" fans?

You forget? This is Sherdog

How? You can't throw roundhouse kicks when your opponent's in mount

Machida is too small , doesn't have Silva's chin nor technique. The MW division is owned by Weidman and Silva

Machida's been the smaller guy for the majority of his career, still didn't stop him from taking the LHW belt.

If Anderson could stuff Weidman takedowns Machida will too.

and theres no chance Weidman's hardnosed push forward style doesnt make him vulnerable to Machida's style.

Weidman would get Bader'd.

Machida's stock really went up tonight. He might be the #2 fighter of all time after this KO, right behind Conor Mcgregor.

I think it's disrespectful to say someone would kill Weidman. Weidman's the undefeated champion who dethroned Anderson Silva.

But Machida is a very dangerous fight for Weidman. I think we'll probably see it sometime next year.

I just hope Machida gets in there again soon. Did he even get hit square once today?

Machida nuthuggery is officially back. I thought him losing to Shogun, Jones, Henderson and Davis might deflect it, but no.

tr00 fans support their fighter 4ever. I'm sorry you're a fairweather, frontrunner fan lol

kthxbye

2 of my favorite fighters. D:

It's inevitable it'll happen sooner or later and then we'll know for sure.

Back