Man in full drag surprised by reaction of ‘small town’ police

edirp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A man in full drag who was stopped at a traffic checkpoint in his small Upstate town was surprised by the reaction of the officers.

Brandon James, who lives in Pacolet, posted Monday on Facebook: “Friday after the RuPaul's Drag Race viewing party at Club South 29 as we were on our way home, we came upon a license check entering Pacolet, and I freaked out because I was in full drag, live in a very small town and, well, the police aren’t always accepting,

“I couldn’t have been more wrong! I would like to thank the Pacolet Police Department for being incredibly kind and reassuring me that I am safe in my town and that they support me and are very progressive. I’m proud to call the town of Pacolet my home!”

The Pacolet Police Department responded by posting: “We appreciate your kind words, Brandon. The Police Department takes pride in putting our community first. No matter your race, sex, income status or sexual orientation. We serve and protect you. Everyone is welcome in Pacolet, South Carolina, aside from the criminals. They usually don’t enjoy their stay.”

A few thousand people live in the Spartanburg County town of Pacolet, incorporated in 1896. On its webpage, the town is described as “a place of promise.

“’Close to everything … far from ordinary’ is more than our community slogan; it is a new attitude,” the post says. “Pacolet’s attitude is best-described in our community covenant, where we promise to take care of each other and preserve nature’s blessings entrusted to us.

“Pacolet is a place where over 5,000 call home, whether you live within the municipal boundary or in the counties of Union, Cherokee, or Spartanburg. We experience a unique blend of history, culture and progress. If you want to learn more about our natural and cultural heritage, please call the Pacolet Town Hall at 864-474-9504 for information on one of our Cultural Heritage Tours.”

BByUtbN.img

http://www.wyff4.com/article/man-in-full-drag-surprised-by-reaction-of-small-town-police/9193258

I'm all for equality under the law.

That said, gross.

This town is going straight to hell.

It's a weird spin on the story.
The police did not harass a trans person unnecessarily, what amazing progressive values! This should be expected and not glamorized as an extraordinary action.

Last edited:
Kinda off topic.... but say a man identifies as a women.. what if they were to get in a fight with a man and get beat up, would that be assault on a female?

I don't believe it should be obviously, but with the way things are going, how is that gonna work?

Kinda off topic.... but say a man identifies as a women.. what if they were to get in a fight with a man and get beat up, would that be assault on a female?

I don't believe it should be obviously, but with the way things are going, how is that gonna work?
Anytime a tranny gets beat up they call it hate crimes.

But I read somewhere that most of their abuse comes from their sexual partners and not random people on the street.

Anytime a tranny gets beat up they call it hate crimes.

But I read somewhere that most of their abuse comes from their sexual partners and not random people on the street.

OK well what about if they've transitioned and everything?

There's this one dude in my town, who thinks he's a chick, gotten in plenty of bar fights. Idk if charges have ever been pressed or anything tho.

As if the cop was going to beat him for being a tranny?

He must watch CNN...

this isn't Facebook dirp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back