Man, I Miss Goldie...

i hear you. Cant fucking stand cruise saying "agreed" all the fucking time. I think Goldie being there really made Rogan look great. Now there is always some weird knowledge dick measuring mma contest tension. Ranallo always made goldie look bad too show us what a play by play guy could be.

When Joe Rogan is gone, you're gonna miss him more than you do Goldberg. So appreciate the time we've got left with Rogan commentating. Don't be hating. Appreciate.
I don't believe this at all. Rogan's commentary detracts from a fight on a regular basis. At least Goldie's absurd comments added some hilarity. Rogan is just frustrating because he thinks he knows everything but clearly doesnt, and is extremely biased sometimes but pretends he's not. I used to switch to Spanish commentary because Werdum was way better than Rogan. Now I just mute it if it gets absurd.

Rogan is just frustrating because he thinks he knows everything but clearly doesnt.

I don't think he thinks he knows everything. In fact he's stated several times that he himself doesn't think so.

You're just annoyed by him, which is completely fine. Lots of people are. As lots of people would be annoyed by his replacement.

I don't think he thinks he knows everything. In fact he's stated several times that he himself doesn't think so.

You're just annoyed by him, which is completely fine. Lots of people are. As lots of people would be annoyed by his replacement.
But he really does think he's an expert in everything. I get he trains and is informed, but holy fuck, he gets so much wrong it's ridiculous. How many times have we heard "OH! IT'S TIGHT! HE HAS TO TAP!!! ...and he got out of it"? Look at how often Cruz corrects him.

Goldie never pretended to be an expert, he was just really enthusiastic and more than a little awkward. But he never over-spoke or presented a biased commentary, and was pretty genuine about everything (aside from obvious shilling/advertising for upcoming events).

I won't miss Rogan. If the replacement is bad, it's at the same level to me because I typically mute the sound anyway.

But he really does think he's an expert in everything.

He really doesn't. You're simply annoyed by him.

Well, obviously he (rightfully) thinks he's more of an expert than most people.

He really doesn't. You're simply annoyed by him.

Well, obviously he (rightfully) thinks he's more of an expert than most people.
That's wonderful, until the point his bias and lack of knowledge leads him to get the call wrong and he somehow thinks a lopsided fight was "close" or a "robbery" (i.e. Aldo vs Edgar I - Aldo won all 5 rounds imo and shut down Frankie entirely, but Rogan thought Frankie won).

Yes, he annoys me. Yes, he knows more than I do. No, I won't miss him.

UFC died when they got rid of Goldie.

Bro how could you even say that?!

The Anik 3000 Bot is much better and also a lot more fun to listen to.

Or how about the always social and charming Dominick Cruz? Surely you wouldnt trade the chemistry he has with his fellow commentators for someone like Goldie?

<DisgustingHHH>

Never ever did I think I'd read Anik and "a lot more fun" in the same sentence

Back