Man arrested after teaching girlfriend's dog to perform Nazi salute

I lived in Scotland for 10 years and saw these signs every day. Never felt my freedoms infringed upon in the slightest. Of course I never felt the urge to indulge in sectarian chants on trains.

Just out of curiosity, do you think the desire to curb sectarian language on trains is in any way motivated by the desire to curb sectarian violence on trains? Not an insignificant problem there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-16576067

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13121446.Anti_sectarian_campaign_is_on_the_right_track/

Not sure if this would matter to you, but when sectarian violence escalates on trains, there can be collateral damage that effects people on the trains who do not wish to participate in sectarian violence.

Lol at Scottish police stopping violence on trains. Police Scotland can't even find a woman who's dying in a crashed car until three days after it had been reported to them. She was still alive when they pulled her out but died in hospital. If they'd actually done their jobs right, the woman might have survived.

Police Scotland are a pathetic joke. They make the Met look good, and that's saying something,

Lol at Scottish police stopping violence on trains. Police Scotland can't even find a woman who's dying in a crashed car until three days after it had been reported to them. She was still alive when they pulled her out but died in hospital. If they'd actually done their jobs right, the woman might have survived.

Police Scotland are a pathetic joke. They make the Met look good, and that's saying something,

Great job at avoiding the question entirely. What I asked was whether you think the desire to curb the sectarian language on the trains was motivated by the desire to curb sectarian violence on the trains?

Seems to me that trying to avoid turning the kettle on is a decent way to prevent it from boiling over.

The alternative of course will be having separate trains for Muslims, Rangers Fans, and Celtic Fans.

Great job at avoiding the question entirely. What I asked was whether you think the desire to curb the sectarian language on the trains was motivated by the desire to curb sectarian violence on the trains?

Seems to me the idea of trying to avoid turning the kettle on is a decent way to prevent it from boiling over.

The alternative of course will be having separate trains for Muslims, Rangers Fans, and Celtic Fans.

I've travelled to and from Glasgow more times than I can count. I've listened to people sing the Soldier's Song and the Sash so often I could use them as my Karaoke piece. Never saw any fights. Most people, myself included, just ignored the idiots. Curbing sectarian language will have bugger all impact on sectarian violence. It's about as effective as banning firearms is at stopping criminals getting their hands on guns; there have been at least two shootings in Glasgow in the last couple of weeks.

He shouldn’t be in jail for the actions of another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back