Mamed Khalidov

mmaday4day

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Would you consider Mamed Khalidov to be the best fighter in the middleweight division, OUTSIDE of the UFC?

i don't know. But I'd definitely consider him the smartest fighter. He isn't a native English speaking person, so it would be very hard for him to make that money in the UFC, as long as he isn't the champion. I don't see him competing in the UFC.

However, I GUESS he could be top 20, but you know... people said that about many guys before they entered the big leagues.

The guy who lost to Santiago, Tabera and Sakurai?? No
He is one of the best, but David Branch is favourite against him. His losses were only against the top of the food chain, unlike Khalidov.

You just can't be considered to be the best if you are not fighting the best, even out of UFC.

Yeah I think Branch could outpoint him with his wrestling

Yeah i really think branch takes care of mamed maybe halsey too honestly

The guy who lost to Santiago, Tabera and Sakurai?? No
He is one of the best, but David Branch is favourite against him. His losses were only against the top of the food chain, unlike Khalidov.

You just can't be considered to be the best if you are not fighting the best, even out of UFC.

The santiago fight was close and some say mamed won but it was a long time ago and dident the Tabera fight go to a draw? i havent seen the fight but it says a draw in sherdog, and mamed dominated sakurai in their second fight. I think the Branch vs Khalidov fight would be close hard to say who would win actually

I'd say Branch and Askren beat him handily.

He hasn't fought anybody and lost to a borderline journeyman who twice failed at beating middle of the pack MWs in the UFC.

He's smart for staying in Poland and making that bank.

The santiago fight was close and some say mamed won but it was a long time ago and dident the Tabera fight go to a draw? i havent seen the fight but it says a draw in sherdog, and mamed dominated sakurai in their second fight. I think the Branch vs Khalidov fight would be close hard to say who would win actually

It was a win for Tabera except for Polish judges. Tabera wasnt any can by the way, was pretty legit.
The Santiago fight was a 25 minut close fight, but he wasnt fighting Luke Rockhold. Santiago was already a UFC cut after losses to Leben and Belcher.
This was long time ago but its not like Khalidov was new in the sport. He had like 20 pro fights already in his record. And the thing is he hasnt's fought beasts since then despite looking good.

I think Branch woud dominate him.
Khalidov is still great and would love to see him fighting the Russian top 185 lbers. I do think he could get the better of them.

Last edited:
Yeah i really think branch takes care of mamed maybe halsey too honestly

Halsey definitely could outwrestle Khalidov but he could also miss weight or take a bad hit from Khalidov as he did from Carvalho given that his standup game is awful.

He's kind of a question mark at the moment. He looks great against B-level competition. Would be great to see him in the UFC.

his time probably has passed.

he was losing the round to Maiquel Falcao until he pulled a slick armbar with 30 secs left.

30-25 if not 30-24 for the other guy. Worst decision I've ever seen. KSW should be downright ashamed of that BS.

Nope.
CfOORwNUUAIJxO4.jpg

30-25 if not 30-24 for the other guy. Worst decision I've ever seen. KSW should be downright ashamed of that BS.

Khalidov won the first, but scoring either the 2nd or 3rd for him is just asinine.

Really ? what did aziz do to win ? yes he won the third round the first mamed definitly won the second nothing happened but atleast mamed hit aziz with a couple of shots and aziz did nothing in that round.

Really bad fight but if there has to be chosen one winner then it was mamed

Really ? what did aziz do to win ? yes he won the third round the first mamed definitly won the second nothing happened but atleast mamed hit aziz with a couple of shots and aziz did nothing in that round.

Found the Polak.

Your biased. Khalidov did nothing but butt flop whenever Aziz got close to him in the second. Pathetic performance, bordering on cowardly. Should have had multiple points deducted.

You should be fucking banned for having no idea how to score an MMA fight. I legit think you might be retarded if you thought Khalidov won. Falling on your back and refusing to engage = DQ loss in most orgs. Khalidov was fighting absolutely terrified.

Back