Malignaggi vs Broner June 22nd

TheStudent

Blue Belt
Reaction score
According to Richard Schaefer the fight is done for June 22nd in Brooklyn.

olden Boy's Richard Schaefer announced tonight at the Hopkins-Cloud post-fight press conference that a fight between WBA welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi and current WBC lightweight titlist Adrien Broner is done for June 22. The fight will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, most likely airing on HBO.

Broner (26-0, 22 KO) is coming off of a pair of thrashings at 135 pounds against Antonio DeMarco and Gavin Rees, while Malignaggi (32-4, 7 KO) hasn't fought since October, when he won a disputed decision against Pablo Cesar Cano on the first Barclays boxing card.

The matchup has drawn a lot of criticism, particularly pointed at Golden Boy, Al Haymon, and Broner for not fighting either Ricky Burns or Miguel Vazquez at lightweight, and for skipping over the 140-pound division, where Golden Boy has Danny Garcia, Lucas Matthysse, and Lamont Peterson, all top-notch fighters.

Instead, Broner will head up to welterweight, where he's facing a guy who's currently sort of a problem for Golden Boy, in that he's a bit hard to control, so to speak. They didn't have much for Paulie that Paulie wanted, but this fight is going to be good money and exposure. Right up his alley.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/3/10/4085216/adrien-broner-vs-paulie-malignaggi-official-june-22-barclays-center-boxing

Well, should be a W and a belt for Broner then. Don't see Paulie outboxing Broner, just a matter of if he gets stopped or not imo. Would've liked to see Broner at 140 though.

Good fight. I doubt broner stays at 147 regardless of the result.

All the guys the article says broner is " skipping" have fights coming up.

Love this fight, would love to see Paulie whoop Broner but I doubt that happens. I don't see how Paulie's gonna jab his way to victory in this one.

I don't mind but only because I look forward to the obvious outcome and will very much enjoy it. To Paulie's credit he makes a surprisingly good color commentator.

paulie will take this fight due to money. I think malignaggi is a lot taller than broner, but paulie is well past it. he owns 4 houses and over $250,000 in jewlery so boxing was good to him.

paulie will take this fight due to money. I think malignaggi is a lot taller than broner, but paulie is well past it. he owns 4 houses and over $250,000 in jewlery so boxing was good to him.

Even though Broner is moving up I don't see that being a factor in this one, Paulie only has a couple inches on Broner (height), and physically Broner probably is the stronger guy.

Respect to Paulie for taking this fight, as I don't see how he can win it, and as a previous poster said, if he retires after, then a job as a commentator would be ideal.

I'm rolling with situation in this one.

Dumb Fight. Broner win by mid stoppage. Khan stopped Paulie and so will Broner.

Broner is weak for skipping the 140 div.

I thought Malignaggi was fighting Mosley?

Looking forward to that, rather not see Broner vs Malignaggi.

So by mid summer both Mayweather and Broner will be titlists at 147, and the most bankable fight in boxing will be Mayweather vs Broner. When was the last "we're not fighting because we're friends" superfight in boxing? It seems to happen all the time in mma.

So by mid summer both Mayweather and Broner will be titlists at 147, and it will be the most valuable fight in boxing. When was the last "we're not fighting because we're friends" superfight in boxing? It seems to happen all the time in mma.

It won't be the most valuable fight in boxing if Saul wins. Saul vs Floyd will be the biggest fight and that can be made.

floyd won't fight Broner, Hopkins won't Fight Ward and Wlad won't fight Vitali(which would really the biggest event in Boxing).

But no need for Floyd vs Broner.Broner ain't at that level yet. Floyd would wreck him if they fought this yr.

I'll take Broner over Pauly D but I'd like to see him take on the junior welterweight titlists instead.

Back