Malignaggi responds to video of push down/ knock down (also blasts Dana)

How can I trust Malignaggi? He lied when he said Conor pushed him to the ground

It's a fucking kockdown wtf man. How in this clip, he landed everything and after landing a PUNCH Paulie falls. How is this not a knockdown.

I dunno. The first few times watching it looked like a clear knock down... or at least something that would be called a knockdown in a fight... but after some further review, using slow mo and frame by frame, I've kinda come around to Paulie's view.

I think from the ref's angle it would have been fairly clear, too... so I think it gets called a push in a fight.

Maybe the two angles that they showed were the only angles they had, maybe not. But regardless of motivation, one of those angles is behind Conor, so we can't see the shot land (or not land), and the other is too low to see if it lands or not. We do see that immediately after the shot, Conor pulls Paulie over by the back of the neck.

And as for Conor landing "everything" in this clip, that's patently false. He lands very little, and I'm not convinced he even lands either of the last two shots (the straight left and the uppercut that supposedly knocked Paulie down).

I can see your anger oozing out. There are literally no facts in this post other than photo and video of Conor landing punches and knocking down a guy. Rest of them are all opinions or someone else's opinion.

Btw by accusing that I'm a teenager, you are automatically stating that you are dumber than a teenage kid.

Stupid move lol
Lol the mental acrobatics you go through to make yourself feel smart are astonishing:D

The video was cut before ref say anything so you are talking out of ass.

I wonder why it was cut there. who released this footage again and what intentions might they have for cutting it early before the ref could declare it a knockdown or not?!?!

I wonder why it was cut there. who released this footage again and what intentions might they have for cutting it early before the ref could declare it a knockdown or not?!?!

Maybeb because they thought showing the guy eating a punch and falling down was enough to call it as a knock down?

Maybeb because they thought showing the guy eating a punch and falling down was enough to call it as a knock down?

if they're trying to convince the casual MMA fans paying attention to boxing for the first time that don't know how knockdowns are scored that it was indeed a knockdown, yeah. totally see that.

but if you aren't new to boxing, you'd probably know that you can't hold your opponent's head down and land punches at the same time so that "knockdown" would not be scored a knockdown even if the punches were the only reason he was sent to the mat (they weren't the only reason).

and since it wasn't the only reason, it's also important to point out that knockdowns are not scored as knockdowns if you grab your opponent and direct them towards the mat like conor was doing with his left hand on the back of paulie's head (whether or not you choose to believe that influenced paulie going to the mat, it still happened, which means no knockdown would of been scored)

the more you know!

I dunno. The first few times watching it looked like a clear knock down... or at least something that would be called a knockdown in a fight... but after some further review, using slow mo and frame by frame, I've kinda come around to Paulie's view.

I think from the ref's angle it would have been fairly clear, too... so I think it gets called a push in a fight.

Maybe the two angles that they showed were the only angles they had, maybe not. But regardless of motivation, one of those angles is behind Conor, so we can't see the shot land (or not land), and the other is too low to see if it lands or not. We do see that immediately after the shot, Conor pulls Paulie over by the back of the neck.

And as for Conor landing "everything" in this clip, that's patently false. He lands very little, and I'm not convinced he even lands either of the last two shots (the straight left and the uppercut that supposedly knocked Paulie down).

Yeah this is how I feel too. The first video clearly looked like a knockdown. Then we saw the other angle, and it looked more and more like a push/drag. It seems to me that everything Malignaggi said was true - Connor won the 11 and 12, and it does look like a drag/push.
2 weeks, then the ref can tell us the truth and settle it:)

here is a good, objective breakdown that shows multiple angles.

if they're trying to convince the casual MMA fans paying attention to boxing for the first time that don't know how knockdowns are scored that it was indeed a knockdown, yeah. totally see that.

but if you aren't new to boxing, you'd probably know that you can't hold your opponent's head down and land punches at the same time so that "knockdown" would not be scored a knockdown even if the punches were the only reason he was sent to the mat (they weren't the only reason).

and since it wasn't the only reason, it's also important to point out that knockdowns are not scored as knockdowns if you grab your opponent and direct them towards the mat like conor was doing with his left hand on the back of paulie's head (whether or not you choose to believe that influenced paulie going to the mat, it still happened, which means no knockdown would of been scored)

the more you know!

Meh, I diagree with whole pushing down thing. It looks fairly clear to me that the punch was merely moving upword after landing on pualies head.
Keep it mind, all of these happened in a split second, it wasn't like conors arm was there long enough to assume it was a push.

the more you know![/QUOTE]

the more you know!

Copied your post to my original post - Very well explained.

Yea you're gonna need God to save you after you blow your Mcdonalds paycheck betting on Mcgregor and fall behind on rent

it doesn't matter if it's the first round or the 12th round Mcgregor is just too damn slow

No you misunderstood me so I'll repeat it for you: You are stupid.

Once again, that oval thing at the top of your body with the voice inside that tells you when it's time to change your underwear once a week.... Use it.

You didn't dispute on anything about what I said.

Well, Glad to see you finally accepting the truth. Hope you won't stay retard much longer.
I've already schooled you kid.
If he knocked down Paulie from the left (like you keep claiming) his legs would buckle. Its the arm pushing his head down that caused it.

No you misunderstood me so I'll repeat it for you: You are stupid.

Once again, that oval thing at the top of your body with the voice inside that tells you when it's time to change your underwear once a week.... Use it.

There is no way of misunderstanding a shitty troll

Canor haters can say whatever they wish. Fuck the knock down, the clip I saw was canor beating the shit out of Pauline.
Pauline rage quit when he realized that he was scheduled for 12 more with Canor shortly.
He fucked right off, crying and stumbling after getting completely roughed up.

I watched the clip at least 30 times in a row. Conor litterally beat the shit out of him, and then lands a big punch, then a short hook and Paulie falls. Would have been 10 count in a match.

But reports I've seen have Cortez saying "no knockdown" after Dana White's video cuts off.

Canor haters can say whatever they wish. Fuck the knock down, the clip I saw was canor beating the shit out of Pauline.
Pauline rage quit when he realized that he was scheduled for 12 more with Canor shortly.
He fucked right off, crying and stumbling after getting completely roughed up.

Ya in that 15 second clip Conor clearly gets the better of Malignaggi, noone is disputing that, not even Malignaggi. We are talking about if there was a KD or not, so yeah....

Ya in that 15 second clip Conor clearly gets the better of Malignaggi, noone is disputing that, not even Malignaggi. We are talking about if there was a KD or not, so yeah....
then in that case he fucking knocked him down. You think inside of the octagon the ref is going to say "not sure if that was a knockdown, stay back Canor"?
Hell fucking no.
Two man threw punches, one man over powered and forced the other to fall down. Beautiful part is this wasn't inside of the octagon. Canor kicked his ass in boxing.

Did you see how dirty Canor was inside? Did you see the ref jumping in to reset? No Canor succusfully dirty boxer the shit out of Pauline for 4 seconds before actually grabbing the clinch.

That means Floyd is fucked.

then in that case he fucking knocked him down. You think inside of the octagon the ref is going to say "not sure if that was a knockdown, stay back Canor"?
Hell fucking no.
Two man threw punches, one man over powered and forced the other to fall down. Beautiful part is this wasn't inside of the octagon. Canor kicked his ass in boxing.

Did you see how dirty Canor was inside? Did you see the ref jumping in to reset? No Canor succusfully dirty boxer the shit out of Pauline for 4 seconds before actually grabbing the clinch.

That means Floyd is fucked.

Hehe no, as @MikalP explained a few posts above this, in boxing rules, it was not a knockdown. Also in boxing, most of Connors punches were illegal. But will be fun to see him try it on Mayweather. Who knows - it might work:D

Hehe no, as @MikalP explained a few posts above this, in boxing rules, it was not a knockdown. Also in boxing, most of Connors punches were illegal. But will be fun to see him try it on Mayweather. Who knows - it might work:D
There is no might "work"
If Canor really has found away to add just one more element it is game over.

His posture and awareness and movement that close is just too much for any man his size.

His posture and awareness and movement that close is just too much for any man his size.

Not long ago Diaz slapped him around the octagon. And according to Jesse Vargas Connor has been knocked out while sparring for the Mayweather fight -

But ya, will be fun to watch the spectacle when it unfolds:D

Back