Malignaggi responds to video of push down/ knock down (also blasts Dana)

Oddmonster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"@danawhite you bitchass you were actually there and saw all 12 rounds. Really you fuckin cue ball ass fraud? Kissin my ass after the 12rds." - Malignaggi

also says " What I been saying still holds true, he gets 11 and 12 of which he shows footage and the "knockdown" is right hand draggin me down."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/...sparring-knockdown-video-boxing-mma-ufc-video

I just saw this video from an ancle I had not seen before. It is 99% sure that McGregor pulls him down. well, 50% sure:D

@arridude posted this video further down the thread with the opinion of pro boxer Jessie Vargas -

A good still posted by @UhHuhSure

And a video poster by same user -

A really good post by user @MikalP -

if they're trying to convince the casual MMA fans paying attention to boxing for the first time that don't know how knockdowns are scored that it was indeed a knockdown, yeah. totally see that.

but if you aren't new to boxing, you'd probably know that you can't hold your opponent's head down and land punches at the same time so that "knockdown" would not be scored a knockdown even if the punches were the only reason he was sent to the mat (they weren't the only reason).

and since it wasn't the only reason, it's also important to point out that knockdowns are not scored as knockdowns if you grab your opponent and direct them towards the mat like conor was doing with his left hand on the back of paulie's head (whether or not you choose to believe that influenced paulie going to the mat, it still happened, which means no knockdown would of been scored)

the more you know!

Last edited:
How can I trust Malignaggi? He lied when he said Conor pushed him to the ground

It's a fucking kockdown wtf man. How in this clip, he landed everything and after landing a PUNCH Paulie falls. How is this not a knockdown.

insert: I know I lawst Adrian but Stop tauwkin about my sidepiece

"@danawhite you bitchass you were actually there and saw all 12 rounds. Really you fuckin cue ball ass fraud? Kissin my ass after the 12rds." - Malignaggi

also says " What I been saying still holds true, he gets 11 and 12 of which he shows footage and the "knockdown" is right hand draggin me down."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/...sparring-knockdown-video-boxing-mma-ufc-video

I just saw this video from an ancle I had not seen before. It is 99% sure that McGregor pulls him down.

McGregor does not pull him down. Get your eyes checked. lol

It's a fucking kockdown wtf man. How in this clip, he landed everything and after landing a PUNCH Paulie falls. How is this not a knockdown.

Look at the video i edited into my original post. It does look like McGregor is pulling him. Malignaggi also do look tired as all hell.

They're both exhausted in the clip. Look at how sloppy and slow Mcgregor looks. When do you ever seen Mcgregor look sloppy other than when he's tired? I'd like to see the entire video.

Look at the video i edited into my original post. It does look like McGregor is pulling him. Malignaggi also do look tired as all hell.
I watched the clip at least 30 times in a row. Conor litterally beat the shit out of him, and then lands a big punch, then a short hook and Paulie falls. Would have been 10 count in a match.

It's 100% clear that he doesn't. You posted the video. lol
This is not really important to me. If McGregor had knocked him down I would be impressed. But the more i watch the more obvious it is that Mcgregor pushes him down with his left hand. Look how he falls, led by Connors left hand pushing him.

Anyway, it is round 12, so no matter what happened it is not indicative of anything imo. Malignaggi looks like he is about to die from exhaustion:D And I bet conor is tired as fuck too.

Edit : A bit weird that Malignaggi says he is pulled down by Mcgregors right hand though. But *shrug*

Last edited:
Push down or not, Paulie got his ass whooped.

malignaggi-maxw-654.jpg

I see both sides here. Paulie is clearly fat and out of shape and rusty. But it wasn't a fucking push dude, I can see the glove pulling thing, but he was off balance from getting punched. Meh I don't care anymore

I can't stand Connor, but this was a knockdown. Caught him with the short left.

Not sure what the lead up is to this fight, but what is show is Connor working Paulie while they are both tired as hell.

I still hope Mayweather tools Connor. and I'm not spending 100 dollars to watch it. But all the spectacle aside, it is mildly interesting from a "let's see what he can do" standpoint.

This is not really important to me. If McGregor had knocked him down I would be impressed. But the more i watch the more obvious it is that Mcgregor pushes him down with his left hand. Look how he falls, led by Connors left hand pushing him.

Anyway, it is round 12, so no matter what happened it is not indicative of anything imo. Malignaggi looks like he is about to die from exhaustion:D And I bet conor is tired as fuck too.

Edit : A bit weird that Malignaggi says he is pulled down by Mcgregors right hand though. But *shrug*

He doesn't pull him down though. He has his left hand on the back of his head and punches him with the right hand.

He goes down from the right hand. lol

Back