"Maldonado knocked Emelianenko unconscious on the ground, only to wake him up with even more punches

a clear 10-8 would have one fighter in complete control of the round here that was not the case so it's not a clear 10-8

it could be a 10-8 or a 10-9

but you could score it a 10-8 if you wanted to

This is the exact situation.

Under the instructions at the time of this fight, it was a 10-9 round for Fabio, because at the end of the round, Fedor was battering Fabio, making him retreat. So if you have a round where a guy got hurt, but at the start and end of that round, the hurt guy had been winning, it was not a dominate round, because the losing fighter still had very effective offense.

Under the new instructions, a clean knockdown like that should have a point go down. So if you lost the round, it's 10-9, but if you were cleanly knocked down and also lost the round it's a 10-8.

So if this fight happened under current instructions, it's a draw. Under the instructions at the time of the fight, Fedor won,... But the Ref could have called the fight in the first round and there would have been nothing wrong with that.

At this point, if people trash what I'm saying, they are just Fedor haters. Everything I've said is by the book, fair and level headed.

Fedor is the GOAT, but that fight could have been stopped in the first. Don't remember him being out but he was in a bad place but he hung in there and got the decision.

39 year old heavyweight Fedor gets dominated in round 1, survives (not saved by the bell) and comes back to win the next 2 rounds and get a majority decision= Robbery of the year and major damage to his legacy according to people here.

29 year old lightweight Frankie Edgar gets flattened in round 1
, survives, comes back to get a draw = comeback of the year and the making of a great fighter.

39 year old heavyweight Fedor gets dominated in round 1, survives (not saved by the bell) and comes back to win the next 2 rounds and get a majority decision= Robbery of the year and major damage to his legacy according to people here.

29 year old lightweight Frankie Edgar gets flattened in round 1
, survives, comes back to get a draw = comeback of the year and the making of a great fighter.

Fedor haters hate Fedor because they got into MMA with TUF and never got to see the superior Pride.

So what's your background and qualifications? Also, explain how anything I said in my post was wrong.

I will gladly tell you how you were wrong, as someone had already liked my post, so clearly some people do want you read what I have to say.

Anything else?

Qualifications mean something do they ? I guess that makes Cecil Peoples an all time great analyst and judge because he is 'qualified'

How on earth you can score that a 10-9 for Fabio is completely absurd and barbaric, you should have your licence revoked if that's how you score a fight. Because by your logic, in order for a 10-7 round to have been achieved, they must be close to death or be rendered permanently disabled.

Fedor was severely rocked and barely survived, if that fight was in the US and not home town soil, it most likely would have. He did however, control some of the fight and displayed minor offense and defense, completely clear 10-8 round.

Qualifications mean something do they ? I guess that makes Cecil Peoples an all time great analyst and judge because he is 'qualified'

How on earth you can score that a 10-9 for Fabio is completely absurd and barbaric, you should have your licence revoked if that's how you score a fight. Because by your logic, in order for a 10-7 round to have been achieved, they must be close to death or be rendered permanently disabled.

Fedor was severely rocked and barely survived, if that fight was in the US and not home town soil, it most likely would have. He did however, control some of the fight and displayed minor offense and defense, completely clear 10-8 round.

We don't give 10-7s. Period.
The commission chooses the instructions we work under. I gave you the exact reasons and they are not arguable.

You're just trying to be an edgy cool guy and it's not working.

I mean, it's not an accident that the fight ruling ended up being exactly what I said, lol.

a clear 10-8 would have one fighter in complete control of the round here that was not the case so it's not a clear 10-8

it could be a 10-8 or a 10-9

but you could score it a 10-8 if you wanted to

No that would be a 10-7 for total control with the loser of the round having little to no offense, 10-8 is where a fighter is severely hurt or on the verge of having the fight stopped, with one fighter dominating majority of the fight but the loser of the round showing some minor defense and offence.

We don't give 10-7s. Period.
The commission chooses the instructions we work under. I gave you the exact reasons and they are not arguable.

You're just trying to be an edgy cool guy and it's not working.

I mean, it's not an accident that the fight ruling ended up being exactly what I said, lol.

Edgy cool guy ? How old are you ? 70 ?

1. A round is to be scored as a 10-10 Round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows dominance in a round;

2. A round is to be scored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

Explain how Fabio won the first round by a 10-9 round or a 'close margin ' when he was never hurt or injured when Fedor was clearly rocked, fatigued and very close to being tko'd.

No that would be a 10-7 for total control with the loser of the round having little to no offense, 10-8 is where a fighter is severely hurt or on the verge of having the fight stopped, with one fighter dominating majority of the fight but the loser of the round showing some minor defense and offence.

But Maldonado did not dominate the Majority of the fight, he had about 2 minutes of dominance and he himself was close to being finished at several points in the 1st round

I mean Maldonado barely made it to his seat and at times was 1 punch away from being KO'd that's not "minor offense" from Fedor

Fedor was KO'd but there have been plenty of fights where a fighter was KO'd but the fight went on and the round ended up being scored 10-9 this kind of thing happens quite often in MMA so it's not really that big of a deal

Edgy cool guy ? How old are you ? 70 ?

1. A round is to be scored as a 10-10 Round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows dominance in a round;

2. A round is to be scored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

Explain how Fabio won the first round by a 10-9 round or a 'close margin ' when he was never hurt or injured when Fedor was clearly rocked, fatigued and very close to being tko'd.

But Maldonado was hurt, at about the 4th minute of the fight all I saw was two gassed and hurt heavies trying to land a knockout blow on each other

what did you see?

This is the exact situation.

Under the instructions at the time of this fight, it was a 10-9 round for Fabio, because at the end of the round, Fedor was battering Fabio, making him retreat. So if you have a round where a guy got hurt, but at the start and end of that round, the hurt guy had been winning, it was not a dominate round, because the losing fighter still had very effective offense.

Under the new instructions, a clean knockdown like that should have a point go down. So if you lost the round, it's 10-9, but if you were cleanly knocked down and also lost the round it's a 10-8.

So if this fight happened under current instructions, it's a draw. Under the instructions at the time of the fight, Fedor won,... But the Ref could have called the fight in the first round and there would have been nothing wrong with that.

At this point, if people trash what I'm saying, they are just Fedor haters. Everything I've said is by the book, fair and level headed.

But Maldonado did not dominate the Majority of the fight, he had about 2 minutes of dominance and he himself was close to being finished at several points in the 1st round

I mean Maldonado barely made it to his seat and at times was 1 punch away from being KO'd that's not "minor offense" from Fedor

Fedor was KO'd but there have been plenty of fights where a fighter was KO'd but the fight went on and the round ended up being scored 10-9 this kind of thing happens quite often in MMA so it's not really that big of a deal

Power output is just as detrimental as volume output, if that onslaught went over the majority round the fight would of been stopped. 10-7 is extremely hard to score because cannot simply absorb that much punishment.

Fedor didn't come back from that round strong enough to warrant a 10-9, he basically got up when Fabio was fatigued and threw some weak arm punches that offered virtually no danger to Fabio.

Last edited:

He is just a hater.
Everything has been fairly explained, but then he goes back and he posts current rules, when this fight took place under a different ruleset. Not only that, this was under the Russian commission, and this knob is posting brand new ABC / NAC rules.

Show me where a judge has scored a round a 10-10 during the time period of this fight.

I specifically asked Mr. Bennett to allow us to use 10-10 rounds and he said "No." So the whole group of them gave us direct instructions to not use 10-10 rounds.

This guy just thinks he knows better than people that actually do the job.

But Maldonado was hurt, at about the 4th minute of the fight all I saw was two gassed and hurt heavies trying to land a knockout blow on each other

what did you see?

When was Fabio ever hurt ?

Be that as it may, the non eventful action that lasted less than a minute after the barrage of punches doesn't justify a 10-9 round either.

Power output is just as detrimental as volume output, if that onslaught went over the majority round the fight would of been stopped. 10-7 is extremely hard to score because cannot simply absorb that much punishment.

Fedor didn't come back from that round strong enough to warrant a 10-9, he basically got up when Fabio was fatigued and threw some weak arm punches that offered virtually no danger to Fedor.

Oh shut up.
He had Fabio on his heels, running away and wobbly near the end of the round. Landed a bomb on/behind the ear.

At the start of the round had Fabio backed up on the cage and bombed Fabio nonstop. Fabio blocked as much as he could, but he still got lit up and his face was swollen after that first exchange.

This is significant offensive output,... Significant.

It can't be explained to you any clearer. You just can't admit your mistake.

Hey, remind me again how the judges ruled?

When was Fabio ever hurt ?

Be that as it may, the non eventful action that lasted less than a minute after the barrage of punches doesn't justify a 10-9 round either.

Yeah, because you're clearly a judge. You have the training and experience of being a judge. I'm sure you have years of training and fights under your belt too.

Again, please explain to me where this authority comes from that you speak with. Enlighten us.

Yeah, because you're clearly a judge. You have the training and experience of being a judge. I'm sure you have years of training and fights under your belt too.

Again, please explain to me where this authority comes from that you speak with. Enlighten us.

Get off your high horse, I don't need to tell you shit. The majority of mma analysts, journalists, fighters, sherdoggers, casual and hardcore fans disagree with you..don't make it out like I'm the one who has to prove something.

Oh shut up.
He had Fabio on his heels, running away and wobbly near the end of the round. Landed a bomb on/behind the ear.

At the start of the round had Fabio backed up on the cage and bombed Fabio nonstop. Fabio blocked as much as he could, but he still got lit up and his face was swollen after that first exchange.

This is significant offensive output,... Significant.

It can't be explained to you any clearer. You just can't admit your mistake.

Hey, remind me again how the judges ruled?

Post evidence on how Fabio was on his heels..you said this last time and refused to have an open mind and see what you want to see, he wasn't dropped or wobbled stop kidding yourself..learn what the difference between fatigue and dazed is.

I don't read Russian so I can't translate the Russian Union rules for you, but one judge scored the first round 10-8 that that already tells you two things, one of which is there are two other judges in this world who are as bad as judging as you are. Your blatant fanboyism is blinding your reality.

Post evidence on how Fabio was on his heels..you said this last time and refused to have an open mind and see what you want to see, he wasn't dropped or wobbled stop kidding yourself..learn what the difference between fatigue and dazed is.

I don't read Russian so I can't translate the Russian Union rules for you, but one judge scored the first round 10-8 that that already tells you two things, one of which is there are two other judges in this world who are as bad as judging as you are. Your blatant fanboyism is blinding your reality.

Uh, I don't see your qualifications.

So tell us the foundation for understanding how to judge. You know, your experience doing it, classes you have taken. I'm open to reading any of it.

Let us know why you have authority on this topic.

actually that would be interesting if you did post them, do you have them ?

actually that would be interesting if you did post them, do you have them ?

What ?

Uh, I don't see your qualifications.

So tell us the foundation for understanding how to judge. You know, your experience doing it, classes you have taken. I'm open to reading any of it.

Let us know why you have authority on this topic.

What is this a job interview ? Are you one of those retards who thinks someone doesn't fight professionally or act as a referee they have no valuable input ? Do you realize how many coaches, mentors, professionals or technicians don't have qualifications or professional experience in their retrospective profession ? Irrelevant and pointless argument, I'm done arguing with an idiot.

Back