Malcolm Young Has Died

When I was a kid I went to see AC/DC live and thought to myself, "wow, it's great that these guys are still around that I can see them live".

That was 1984 on the Flick of the Switch tour.

First concert I ever went to was AC/DC, Blow Up Your Video Tour, 26AUG88, Columbia, SC.

Didn't know him
Didn' listen to them
Don't care

giphy.gif

RIP
great guitar player
how come you die from dementia ?

I loved AC/DC and still do. Very big influence on me in my teens and early 20's. Saw them twice for Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice. I don't like to fawn over celebrities and fake sadness when they die, but this one hurts a little. It makes me want to get off my butt and do something before time runs out.

always liked to play his riffs because i couldnt do the lead... rip

Well, thats stupid. Fucking mortality.

Rest in peace. Definitely a rock legend.

My first album ever was For Those About To Rock when I was a kid. Grew up loving AC/DC and have probably seen them in concert 7-10 times.

RIP

I could never get into AC/DC because I can't stand the singer, but musically, some of those licks are amazing. Talented mofo. RIP
Which one?

Bon Scott was the shit man. I used to have similar views on acdc until I started watching some of their old performances.

They pretty much rock harder than anyone. 4 guys in a cloud of cigarette smoke just bringing it.

legends.

First time in the Mayberries, I dunno how it rolls in here, but there's a certain relief, too, to have your loved ones die from dementia. As it's a slow death, and not painful in a way. And you do get to say goodbye - it's just a matter of when you're gonna say it. As opposed to a car crash or a sudden heart-attack.
Mayberry is the best section on this site, stick around.

MY grandmother died of dementia earlier this year. It's a pretty rough way to go. She basically lived 6 years where her quality of life was terrible. No joy in anything and honestly it sucks to have to deal with that.

We held out from putting her in a nursing home for as long as humanly possible. Eventually she just started fallong randomly, shattered her arm

She went to a nursing home to recover from her injury and died a month later. It was still sad but also relieving. I don' want to live so long to where I'm a burden on people.

I think we all sort of regret putting her in the nursing home still though. She should have been around her family those final weeks not nurses :(. We didn't really know just how close she was.

I’m looking for a super old video of AC/DC playing in what looks to be an open collage campus area or park.

When I find it I’ll post it because it’s pretty epic.

In the mean time here’s a cover that you guys will enjoy

Ok found it....... enjoy

Last edited:
Mayberry is the best section on this site, stick around.

MY grandmother died of dementia earlier this year. It's a pretty rough way to go. She basically lived 6 years where her quality of life was terrible. No joy in anything and honestly it sucks to have to deal with that.

We held out from putting her in a nursing home for as long as humanly possible. Eventually she just started fallong randomly, shattered her arm

She went to a nursing home to recover from her injury and died a month later. It was still sad but also relieving. I don' want to live so long to where I'm a burden on people.

I think we all sort of regret putting her in the nursing home still though. She should have been around her family those final weeks not nurses :(. We didn't really know just how close she was.

Dementia is a terrible thing. I wouldn't judge anyone for wanting someone who is far gone down that path to be watched by professionals in a safe setting where it's hard for them to injure themselves or go missing for hours.

Back