Malaysian military ready to roll out to Jerusalem, Def Minister says

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.todayonline.com/world/m...l-out-jerusalem-defence-minister-hishammuddin

KUALA LUMPUR — The Malaysian Armed Forces is prepared to head to the Middle East if its services are needed there following the US government’s recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, Umno vice-president Hishammuddin Hussein said on Saturday (Dec 9).

The US recognition as announced by the Trump administration had drawn widespread condemnation from the Muslim world, including Malaysia which has long been sympathetic to Palestine which has been engaged in a decades-long conflict with the Zionist regime of Israel.

“We were shocked earlier this week with the worrisome news that would affect global geopolitical stability," said Mr Hishammuddin, who is also defence minister, in his closing speech at the 71st Umno general assembly that ends on Saturday.

“We are ready for any orders from the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, should our services be needed.” MALAY MAIL ONLINE

Saw this on Yahoo news so this could all be fake news but if this is true this is kinda absurd as the deffminister did not clarify why he will send troops what is the purpose is this like a peacekeeping force with the UN since they anticipate it could be needed if some fighting ensues? Or is this a pathetic attempt to threaten the USA?

Its not even their fight.

Oh dear.

They'll learn to mind their own business real quick when China slaps them around South China Sea with Israeli weapons technology.

Last edited:
Malaysia needs to worry about making clothes for Target. This is a little above their pay grade.

It would be worse than the 1st Gulf War where troops waited in fox hole for US the to show up so they could surrender.

In this case I see Malaysian soldiers stepping off of boat and planes with their hand up - if Isreal doesn't blow up the craft before they reach land.

Last edited:
https://www.todayonline.com/world/m...l-out-jerusalem-defence-minister-hishammuddin

Saw this on Yahoo news so this could all be fake news but if this is true this is kinda absurd as the deffminister did not clarify why he will send troops what is the purpose is this like a peacekeeping force with the UN since they anticipate it could be needed if some fighting ensues? Or is this a pathetic attempt to threaten the USA?

Its not even their fight.

Oh dear.
Sounds like sabre rattling to me. Probably virtue signaling more for the domestic audience with elections in mind than any serious foreign policy.

It would be worse than the 1st Gulf War where troops waited in fox hole for the to show up so they could surrender.

In this case I see Malaysian soldiers stepping off of boat and planes with their hand up - if Isreal doesn't blow up the craft before they reach land.

I want to wait if there are more news about this I want to hear a more legit news source its just its too funny to let it pass!

If they are so butthurtt over Jerusalem to the point they are willing to send their men to the slaughter they better realize if they will also go against the USA they will blockaded in no time and they won't even make it to Jerusalem.

This is just a bizzare statement if indeed the defense minister of Malaysia really said this,

This Trip to Jerusalem won't end well!

Mayhaps they’ll come across that airliner they lost a few years ago along the way.

Sounds like sabre rattling to me. Probably virtue signaling more for the domestic audience with elections in mind than any serious foreign policy.

Well this is dumb because foreign powerful countries that most likely deal with Malaysia are taking notice mainly the USA this is just bonkers how are they gonna spin this if lets say Trump or Israel called them out for it?

Politics is just getting dumber and dumber some shit tier countries thinks they exist in a vacuum and think they can say anything without any repercussions my country is always guilty with this recently I thought Malaysia is above that but I guess not!

I may not agree with what Trump and Bibi said about Jerusalem statements that could just escalate with more violence but this sort of reaction by the Malaysian minister of defense is just dumb it is reckless, reactionary behavior like this is what caused world wars!

So their solution to this is to add more fuel to the fire?

Well this is dumb because foreign powerful countries that most likely deal with Malaysia are taking notice mainly the USA this is just bonkers how are they gonna spin this if lets say Trump or Israel called them out for it?

Politics is just getting dumber and dumber some shit tier countries thinks they exist in a vacuum and think they can say anything without any repercussions my country is always guilty with this recently I thought Malaysia is above that but I guess not!

I may not agree with what Trump and Bibi said about Jerusalem statements that could just escalate with more violence but this sort of reaction by the Malaysian minister of defense is just dumb it is reckless, reactionary behavior like this is what caused world wars!

So their solution to this is to add more fuel to the fire?
The issue of Palestine has always been one that Muslim leaders use to grandstand before their own people for brownie points and I bet this is no different. In a lot of Arab countries anti-Israel protests are one of the only forms of protest allowed.

The issue of Palestine has always been one that Muslim leaders use to grandstand before their own people for brownie points and I bet this is no different. In a lot of Arab countries anti-Israel protests are one of the only forms of protest allowed.

Which is why it is a stupid move by Trump. He is unifying people against us.

Christians living there have protested it too. As they should. Trump doesn't believe in shit so he cannot understand people who do. He always thinks he can make everything up with business. Like the golf course in Scotland. Muslims aren't like that.

I was actually just thinking this could be a wag the dog scenario by trump. not sure he is that smart though. or his advisers. But there is so much going on with Trump it is hard to nail him down to one thing because he constantly is doing more bad things. lol.

Like Weinsten. He has been lost in the shuffle through these others actors getting the boot.

if anyone should be most butthurt it should be the Saudis right since they own the islamic holy cities. but they are not.

maybe they care too much about money to give a shit

Which is why it is a stupid move by Trump. He is unifying people against us.

Christians living there have protested it too. As they should. Trump doesn't believe in shit so he cannot understand people who do. He always thinks he can make everything up with business. Like the golf course in Scotland. Muslims aren't like that.
Well, other than Jordan most countries in the Middle East probably don't care as much as you think. The people do but the governments are not democratic so that doesn't translate to policy often. There are some gestures made for the people every once in a while but increasingly the Arab governments, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, are aligning with Israel as opposed to against it.
if anyone should be most butthurt it should be the Saudis right since they own the islamic holy cities. but they are not.

maybe they care too much about money to give a shit
They care more about Iran than Israel.

Well, other than Jordan most countries in the Middle East probably don't care as much as you think. The people do but the governments are not democratic so that doesn't translate to policy often. There are some gestures made for the people every once in a while but increasingly the Arab governments, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, are aligning with Israel as opposed to against it.

But you yourself said that Arab leaders use this to fuel hatred towards the west. Trump is affirming everything they claim. We are against them and their people. Hillary said that Trump creates new ISIS recruits. I agree with that. Words matter. Putin for example, very careful with his words. Measured. Diplomatic.

Both guys dislike Islam and see it as a threat. Putin works with it though and doesnt do emotional outbursts.

Well, I am not sure that is legit.
Obviously not a fair fight at the moment. But still, I wouldn't wave of the determination of Southeast Asians mixed in with fascism or religious fanatism.
You definitely don't want to be on the wrong side of that. Because their dedication puts even the Nazis to shame.

They would certainly not tolerate a situation similar to the middle east.

But you yourself said that Arab leaders use this to fuel hatred towards the west. Trump is affirming everything they claim. We are against them and their people. Hillary said that Trump creates new ISIS recruits. I agree with that. Words matter. Putin for example, very careful with his words. Measured. Diplomatic.
That was more the case before. Saddam and Nasser would do this a lot. Sisi is more a Western stooge though and the Saudis are trying to bully the rest of the GCC into falling in line behind Israel against Iran. Jordan and Qatar aren't there yet, they still support Palestine

But you're right that it sends the wrong message to the people of the region. Its the paradox of US rhetoric and policy in the region. We say we want democracy in the region but deep down we know if these countries were democratic they would elect leaders and support policies that are contrary to our values and interests.

That was more the case before. Saddam and Nasser would do this a lot. Sisi is more a Western stooge though and the Saudis are trying to bully the rest of the GCC into falling in line behind Israel against Iran. Jordan and Qatar aren't there yet, they still support Palestine

But you're right that it sends the wrong message to the people of the region. Its the paradox of US rhetoric and policy in the region. We say we want democracy in the region but deep down we know if these countries were democratic they would elect leaders and support policies that are contrary to our values and interests.

Again with Putin. He knows how to act. Oliver Stone is a charlatan but his Putin documentary is good. You know what Putin calls Europe, the US and West in general? Russia's "partners". As in people with the same the goals. Stone brought this up to him. How these countries who go against Russia every time are "partners". And Putin said they are. There is always hope for peace and change.

Another funny thing Stone asked, he had to know, what do you and Obama call each other? Do you call him Mr President? And Putin said no, they call each other by their first names when talking. Barack and Vladmir. They have a line running from one office to another.

Good documentary series. Stone asks Putin to watch Dr Strangelove with him and they do watch it together. and stone gave him the dvd as a gift. He gave the case to Putin and Putin opened it and it was empty. They forgot to take if out of the DVD player. So Stone gave him an empty case. Putin smirks and says, "Typical American gift." lol

and this is because if they are ideological and think islam will really conquer world then israel will get its ´punishment anyways´ down the line but i guess their issue is they see non salfai islam as a threat to this expansion so therefore iran must go?

Back