Makwan vs Knight

that should have been a draw, or it should have been given to knight since makwan just laid there on top, although knight didn't do much on bottom he just kinda held rubber and kept jumping guard like an idiot.

would've liked to see knight be more active from the bottom with elbows n shit, but either way i think it should have been a draw.

1. 10-8 knight for the 2 knockdowns

2 and 3. 10-9 makwan for the LNP

Makwan won via Knight's fight IQ...Makwan calling out Cub was funny though...IMO Makwan vs. Doo Hoo Choi would be better.

I thought Knight deserved the nod.

Definitely won the first, then IMO he won the grappling exchanges in the second and third. Makwan got the TDs then did exactly nothing but get stuck in rubber guard. Knight didn't do much either, but I consider rubber guard to be a more dominant position for the guy on bottom. From there, Knight was in the advantage. He had options, whereas Makwan's only option was defence.

Being on top should not automatically win you the fight.

Last edited:
Makwan’s striking is improved but he got cocky. Got himself a reality check. He turned up his defense after that and didn’t get caught clean again after getting dropped.

He showed good recovery and his cardio looked better too. All in all, he looks to have improved but he shouldn’t rely so much on his striking.
He was dropped twice and turned panic wrestler after

That number wasnt what the judge scored the fight, someone asked him to put a number to knight's fight iq and his response was 27-30.
Another odd judging outcome, one judge had it 30-27 Knight and the other two had Mackwan

I’m not sure Knight had the power advantage as much as he had a very clear durability advantage. Amirkhani is a glass cannon, and Knight is a durable scrapper. I agree he kind of shit the bed. He could have won this fight.
I think knights nose got broke in the first 2 minutes and he didn't really want to trade punches afterward- knight got blasted hard early!

Another odd judging outcome, one judge had it 30-27 Knight and the other two had Mackwan
The fight was quite forgettable after the first round but I remember there was 1 round that Knight definitely didn't win, think it was round 3. Round 2 was close but Knight probably did enough, Amirkhani did shit-all on top.

29-28 either way is fair, I think Knight probably should have gotten the decision.

Back