Making racial slurs is illegal in Australia

lmao why are people trying so hard to defend whether or not it's okay to hate someone based on race, nationality, skin color, etcetc

if you hate someone based off of any of those things, you're a piece of shit. if you defend people who hate people because of those things, you're also a piece of shit. it's not that difficult to understand. racist, supremacist, nazi, whateverthefuck - you're all pieces of shit if you have anything similar to that line of thinking. it doesn't matter if that hatred subscribed to the definition of racism, supremacy, bigotry, whatever the fuck - it's all trash behavior and playing mental gymnastics to avoid acknowledging that it's trash behavior just makes you trash as well.
May I ask a question? It's legitimate, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I'm just wondering what you think about the Brazilian attitude toward forwign competitors which began this whole affair? They were pretty rude to Colby, he responded and escalated things....are they all just pieces of shit in your mind?

May I ask a question? It's legitimate, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I'm just wondering what you think about the Brazilian attitude toward forwign competitors which began this whole affair? They were pretty rude to Colby, he responded and escalated things....are they all just pieces of shit in your mind?

Of course they can be over zealous. So can American crowds, which speaks to some levels of irony in Colby's little tirade. But how is Colby any different from them if he acts the same? If you fill a stadium of Brazil hating Colby Covingtons, they probably sound the exact same as the people he's bitching about. The difference here is that Colby has the platform when the cameras are on him. How did Maia act after their fight? How did Colby act?

And when Colby acts on all this in the street when he sees guys like Werdum and not guys in his weight class, it seems like he's trying to start an entire class war rather than a divisional rivalry that would generate PPV buys. He literally seems like he's trying to start some America vs Brazil shit.

Of course they can be over zealous. So can American crowds, which speaks to some levels of irony in Colby's little tirade. But how is Colby any different from them if he acts the same? If you fill a stadium of Brazil hating Colby Covingtons, they probably sound the exact same as the people he's bitching about. The difference here is that Colby has the platform when the cameras are on him.

And when Colby acts on all this in the street when he sees guys like Werdum and not guys in his weight class, it seems like he's trying to start an entire class war rather than a divisional rivalry that would generate PPV buys. He literally seems like he's trying to start some America vs Brazil shit
Thanks for answering.

The bolded is why I asked if you saw them all as pieces of shit. Yes, Colby has the cameras, but the people shouting from the crowd have numbers and anonymity, and therefore zero culpability.

Thanks for answering.

The bolded is why I asked if you saw them all as pieces of shit. Yes, Colby has the cameras, but the people shouting from the crowd have numbers and anonymity, and therefore zero culpability.

The other part to this equation is how much Colby is going out of his way to prove how much of a piece of shit he is whereas the Brazilian fans were acting out at a sporting event. Afterwards, were Brazilian's stalking Americans in the street trying to pick fights with them and calling them derogatory terms? Probably not. Was Colby doing so to Brazilians? Yes.

The other part to this equation is how much Colby is going out of his way to prove how much of a piece of shit he is whereas the Brazilian fans were acting out at a sporting event. Afterwards, were Brazilian's stalking Americans in the street trying to pick fights with them and calling them derogatory terms? Probably not. Was Colby doing so to Brazilians? Yes.
I think you're right about Colby, though since he probably feels disrespected by an entire nation he'd probably tell you his behaviour is justified.

I don't really care about him though. Was just interested in your thought process. Thanks for giving sincere answers.

Just so you know what he posted was possibly the best source of truth regarding Australian law.

You want to know why a Brazilian in America wasn't charged under Australian law? Really.
We've established that he doesn't have any evidence that Colby actually made these statements, so the point's moot.

You're about as dense as he is. Verbal assault is not a law unique to Australia. I didn't ask why wasn't that particular law in Australia applied to Werdum. I asked why he never accused Werdum of verbal assault, and I'm still waiting on my answer.

Damn, I didn't know that. Given the amount of banter I've had with Australians in Australia over being British does that mean I could've had them charged the whole time? Crazy

The law is a load of shit, like 80
% of the people that invoke it. Technically you're correct but you'd have to be a raving homo, a kiwi or a pom to invoke it...

Technically, Yes but cricket banter is different to say race a riot(in which we had one in 2005)

There's a lot of racist pricks in the country. Asians(East and South Asian i.e Indians and Chinese), Muslims, Aboriginals tend get the brunt of the abuse.

O Kay, have you ever visited the country?
Most bushies haven't seen a minority except white or black yet you're going full retard on it. Tell me 3 communities which you visited that treat minorities like crap....

Can't say that's my experience. Met a lot of Australians and they mostly seem chill. Yeah you get some banter, but that's in good fun.

Only racist Australian I've met was a first generation Croat dude.

OMFG, it's 2017 you can't let the facts get in the way of a queer sjw story. All of Australia Is racist..... Mean while we care for everyone but ourselves

The British committed genocide all over the areas that became Australia and New Zealand. To this day that area of the world has a reputation for being disgustingly racist and murderously racist to the natives. There is plenty to be ashamed of.

Are you retarded?

Australia is an SJW shithole. Colby will be out of there in no time before they arrest him for being

Don't be jealous.

We've established that he doesn't have any evidence that Colby actually made these statements, so the point's moot.

You're about as dense as he is. Verbal assault is not a law unique to Australia. I didn't ask why wasn't that particular law in Australia applied to Werdum. I asked why he never accused Werdum of verbal assault, and I'm still waiting on my answer.

I suggest you re-read your question before insulting people.

I answered the question you very clearly asked.

Except you didn't. I asked why he never accused Werdum of verbal assault, not why Werdum wasn't charged in Australia for a 'crime' he committed in America. I'll give you another shot. And...go!

Here's what I asked in case you're too stupid to remember: 'Why didn't you accuse Werdum of verbal assault when he repeatedly called Tony Ferguson a ':eek::eek::eek:g-ot'? Why wasn't Werdum charged with a crime?' Nowhere do I say anything about him being charged in Australia. Once again: 'Verbal assault' is not a uniquely Australian law.

It's a sports tradition. It may be unpleasant and rude, but it's not meant to be offensive. I know it sounds offensive to most of you, I particularly don't like it too, but booing and "death" chants (how can people take it seriously is unbelievable) are part of the game. Just like the WWE scripted fake drama that the US loves but doesn't cater to the rest of the world.

Actually, the only other true hostile attitude towards a foreign fighter that I can remember was against Matt Brown, after he flipped the bird to the crowd during weigh-ins. Usually foreign fighters are treated well. In the same event that Colby had garbage thrown at him, Derek Brunson was respected after he absolutely murked Machida. Even Chael Sonnen never has any trouble here.

It's not pretty, but both sides need to put things in perspective.

As is my understanding Werdum could have charged colby for what he said.

You have a terrible understanding, then. 'what he said' False premise. What did Colby say to Werdum, and what evidence do you have that he said it to him? I'll wait.

Last edited:
If Colby actually called Werdum a dirty animal and Brazilians for dirty animals he could be charged with a hate crime.
Cry me a river Australia, cry me a river.
#brownpride

Colby pressing charges haha. It's like the criminal who breaks into a house through the window but gets caught, then he tries to sue the homeowners for their window cutting him.
and its amazing how many people on sherdog would defend his right to do that. ITs crazy but that's whats wrong with the stupid fucking world we live in now

Back