Makenzie "Porquinho" Dern misses weight by over 5 lbs

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/9...acted-weight-lfa-fight-changed-to-catchweight

>only has 2 pro fights
>competes in the tomato can division of Can FC, yet says she will destroy the UFC
>has missed weight 2/3 times
>couldnt even finish a 19 yr old amateur the single time she did make weight
>still unironically called one of the "hottest prospects in MMA" by the media

"Eat the burger not the fries" -Mackenzie Dern

fglL4iQ.png

Paige Vanzant is more professional, dedicated to MMA and less of a hype job based mostly on looks than Mackenzie Dern.

Everyone who mistakenly got on the Dern Hype Train, time to jump off an join us on the MICHELLE WATERSON WAR WAGON

She's hotter, more professional and is a better fighter.

What doesn't seem to matter in this post is spelling, grammar, punctuation, facts, and context. Do you really think there is any comparison between Van Zant and Dern? One is highly touted because of her looks and dance moves, as you semi-literately point out here. The other is highly touted because of her impressive accomplishments in jiu jitsu.

I understand that many MMA fans don't like watching women fight. But arguing that people are only hyping Dern because of boobies is patently stupid. They are clearly hyping her because of her skill as a submission grappler and her boobies.

You're right there isn't a comparison. Paige has done quite a bit more in the sport.

you just understand now that WMMA is fuckin garbage? skills sont matter only looks and there dance moves just look at Paige CanZant LOL

Paige has been replaced with someone with looks AND skills.

All hope is not lost.

WBAf0ok.png

Just create a 125 division and problems is solved.
She is absolutely worth enough to create a division for.

I'd love to watch Leslie Smith and Andrea "KGB" Lee beat the fake Dern down in the name of the Itty Bitty Titty Commitee.

image1.jpg

30e4a80c2ab330c23e99d28973caf5ee.jpg

Mackenzie Dern, UFC Flyweight champion.

Sounds good to me.

Shevchenko would put an end to that fantasy pretty quickly. As would every other already-signed natural 125er that'd take fights at FLW.

'Porquinha' should be enforced as her official fight nickname. I'd love that and real nicknames are given, not made up to sound cool

They start from a valid premise and then take big leaps.

that's because most of them are (whispers)... trolls

the guy you originally quoted being one of the more repetitive and obvious ones

It sucks that she's missed weight twice now yeah but it's important to note that someone like Henry Cejudo had similar weight issues at a similar stage in his career and has seemingly fixed those issues.

Hopefully she learns.

IDGAF though she straight thicc and bad.

the girl beat a 0-0 nobody and she is the next champion LEL

Pete Spratt was none-to-pleased about that. But Katherine Roy is a terminator so she gives almost no f#cks.

Anyone know of a way of watching these smaller shows in the UK.
Any sites to subscribe too etc

She's is highly touted as a grappler...but so is Dillion Danis and I guarantee he wouldn't be getting the same push and leeway as her. UFC fighters get a sh*t storm for missing weight, I bet she doesn't. She's missed weight her last two fights. They changed this fight to a 120lb catch weight before she even weighed-in and she still missed it by 1.8 pounds. How can you be a professional strawweight if you can't make the weight.

Danis is talked about simply for being Conor's latest butt buddy. Come on, now.

I'd love to watch Leslie Smith and Andrea "KGB" Lee beat the fake Dern down in the name of the Itty Bitty Titty Commitee.

image1.jpg

30e4a80c2ab330c23e99d28973caf5ee.jpg

Lee isn't the best person to bring up in a weight thread, considering her past transgressions.

Shevchenko would put an end to that fantasy pretty quickly. As would every other already-signed natural 125er that'd take fights at FLW.
I have only one thing to say to you:

As for the actual fighting, if I want to watch some real fights, I'll watch JDS - Miocic, Mousasi - Weidman, Cormier - Johnson, Belfort - Gastelum etc.

I'm not interested in chicks fighting each other. Put it in a separate league just like all other sports do.

Go spar with Cyborg. See what happens.

Even if Cyborg beats him up I don't see how that changes the concept. Brittney Griner would crush me in basketball but I would still rather watch the NBA.

I'm all for invicta I don't like them combined. The joining with the UFC for a year or so is great for exposure but I'd hope that it turns into its own program... Like how the WWE uses it smaller guys on the program 205

Go spar with Cyborg. See what happens.
I beat her because I'm a light heavyweight who spars big dudes in Mike's Gym and Pancration/Chakuriki on a regular basis. But even if was some random dude and she would kick my ass, I still wouldn't be interested to watch.

What you said is just a stupid thing to say. "Go play a WNBA player and see what happens". Most likely I lose, doesn't make me want to watch it. If I want to watch high level basketball, I'll watch the NBA. I don't need to see WNBA in between NBA games, without having a choice (like it is now with the UFC). Anyone who is into it, fine, you can watch it separately. So, women's MMA should also be separate.

Back