Make MMA Great Again

IMO, the biggest issue with smaller cage is that it favors the wrestler, since the smaller the cage, the easier it is for a wrestler to pin his opponent against it. As if wrestlers need more advantages in MMA when wrestling is pretty much the goat martial base.
I mean, if leads to better fights, more finishes and what not, I'm all for it
Honestly a couple of people have pushed back at the idea ofthe smaller cage, but that confuses me. The smaller cage in the WEC forced guys to engage. That’s not a bad thing by any stretch IMO.
yeah. if anything we could try a 6 month or a year experimentation period, why not?

Give them medieval weapons too.
Fight to death (or just use yamasaki)
Make it in a dungeon.. Fuck the Cage.

2x 5min rounds with 1x 5min sudden death round for draws
More 10-8 rounds based on damage / trying to end the fight
Smaller cage size (similar to WEC sized cage)
Yellow Cards for stalling/timidity/rule violations First yellow card = ineligible for any bonus cash, second = lose a point
Add Knees to the head on the ground and soccer kicks (stomps can stay illegal)
No WMMA on PPV or main UFC cards
Run an open weight tournament each year with a large money prize so that there is more than just a belt to promote around
Get rid of the old ringgirls and rotate in young hotties
Replace the boring commentary teams and get in someone who can generate excitement again like Goldberg or Mauro
Increase fight bonus for finishing fights
written by:

giphy.gif

if I googled correctly, a boxing ring has 484 feet². WEC had 520, ufc has 750 (the bigger one). ufc has 48% finishes, wec 60%. and wec had only smaller weight guys. if even the big guys in boxing fight in a 484 feet (is that true, though?), why not MMA guys?

UFC-and-WEC-Octagon-Cage-Sizes.png

FightDurationSummary-1024x606.png

Does-Cage-Size-Matter-Fightnomics-linesp.png

so, the statistics say that it will change, it will change for the better

I'd say bring the smaller cage now
dat 100% HW Finishing rate...
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

I want more than 60 seconds of rest during rounds. Anyone who has ever practiced MMA knows that it's a fucking grueling sport and it's stupid to think that a fighter can recover in 60 seconds after 5 minutes of grappling and explosive striking and wrestling. Especially in the heavier weight classes. It only takes away from the spectacle and showcasing of skills that we all want to watch. I understand the challenge and importance of being in great shape but even the most elite athlete can be depleted after a hard fought round and 60 seconds to recover is just ridiculous.

If the fight is a draw, the corner men have to fight
What conditions do we have to satisfy to make the judges fight? I want to see Cecil Peoples kicking his deadly kung fu styles....

Yellow Cards for stalling/timidity/rule violations First yellow card = ineligible for any bonus cash, second = lose a point
Run an open weight tournament each year with a large money prize so that there is more than just a belt to promote around
Replace the boring commentary teams and get in someone who can generate excitement again like Goldberg or Mauro

How about allowing upkicks, and 12 to 6 elbows? Oh and ELIMINATE weight cutting like One Championship did.

For example this is the WW division in one championship, 170lbs to 185lbs
LHW be 205lbs to 225lbs or 235lbs

How about allowing upkicks, and 12 to 6 elbows? Oh and ELIMINATE weight cutting like One Championship did.

Upkicks are fine. Iffy on 12/6 elbows. They could possibly be added.

Don't give a shit about weight cutting. If anything, I want to cut weight classes.

Good list so far with:

Pride style spectacle
Allow kicks/knees on the ground
No usada
Reduce low quality wmma

Upkicks are fine. Iffy on 12/6 elbows. They could possibly be added.

Don't give a shit about weight cutting. If anything, I want to cut weight classes.

I agree. FLYWeight should be eliminated. But i think less NOT more weight classes is better but to do this we need eliminate weight cutting.

add 12 6 elbows but maybe make rule saying not allowed to eye socket area,

How does that eliminate weight cutting? Fighters will weigh as much as possible and cut to185 to make ww

No. We should do this:

Seven three-minute rounds.
Elbows allowed at any angle.
Kicks and Knees to downed opponents.
Make the cage Even Bigger, but get rid of all the corners so its circular.
10 point must system. getting a knockdown is an automatic 10-8 if nothing else happened in the round.

More that any of that bring back the mindset of promoters in the early 00's, the UFC needs to flash the cash MUCH earlier at skilled fighters from other sports to get them to switch to MMA not wait for themt to do it under their own steam. All this talk about US wrestling as the best base is really the result of US wrestling being the only background that feeds into MMA as regularly anymore because it has very little earning potential to it.

Sudden death round Brass Knuckles are mandatory.
Lets see a fucking finish!

<{JustBleed}>

Bring in the 12 to 6 elbow
knee on the ground should be allowed too i remember growing up watching GSP fight in the UCC he was a nightmare with knee in half guard

- One 10 minute round and a 5 minute round
- Two 10 minute rounds and a 5 minute round for Championship fights
-Knees and upkicks to a downed opponent
-12 to 6 elbows
-Regular tournaments for the belt
-WMMA gone or at least limited to the undercard

Back