Majority of Republicans now think college is bad

I have stated from the beginning that McFarland is who he is because of his ability to create IP. I have also wrote a post about how art school should be treated like a trade school and not some bullshit lib arts learning ground. No backpedalibg here. I have been consistent.

Here allow me to bold your comments and highlight the stupidity in continuing to defend your position:

As for the Todd McFarland comparison. He is not an artist, he is a content creator. A content creator that has a background in art. But he is not some guy who could draw.

You obviously had no idea who Todd McFarland was before he was a content creator. He is definitely an artist who can definitely draw and is known as one of the very best. Go to a comic con and ask anyone in the industry if they know who Todd McFarland is and whether he can draw and they'll laugh at you because he's probably the 2nd most famous individual in the industry behind Stan Lee.

Stop being stubborn and admit your erred because you really didn't know who Todd McFarland was. No one is expected to know everything. There is no shame in admitting you fucked up. But there is a lot of shame in stubbornly refusing to admit it when presented with proven facts disproving your assertions...

McFarland made is fame and fortune not because he was just a guy who could draw. It was because he was able to create intellicectual property and artistic content. I stand by that. That is also the opinion of many artists who make 6 figure salaries. Btw I live in irvine California where many artists work for the top gaming firms. They know the difference between a person who can create IP/content and just a guy who draws well.

Last edited:
McFarland made is fame and fortune bl it because he was just a guy who could draw. It was because he was able to create intellicectual property and artistic content. I stand by that. That is also the opinion of many artists who make 6 figure salaries. Btw I live in irvine California where many artists work for the top gaming firms. They know the difference between a person who can create IP/content and just a guy who draws well.

I don't care where you live. you know nothing when it comes to comic book or arts in general. you probably don't even know any of these supposedly 6-figures artists or they would have told you how great McFarlane is as an artist.

spider-man-comparison-jpg.jpg

on the left is pre-McFarlane Spiderman... On the right is Spiderman as he is now after McFarlane was given creativity freedom. Before McFarlane, the emphasis was placed on the writer more than the artist. After McFarlane, great artists became superstars in the industry and people would follow artists and buy up whatever they drew. Before McFarlane, artists were making peanuts in terms of pay for their work but once he became famous and made others famous, if you were great you made serious dough. His original covers are some of the most sought after and expensive art you can buy in the comic book industry.

Once again it was this out of the box creative and artistic rare ability that McFarlane had that propelled him to what he is now. It was built on his amazing artistic ability he had and still uses for all his business endeavors. You need artistic creativity to create new IP in the entertainment industry and he has it in spades.

Congratz... you reached a new top tier level of posting stupidity. but yes.. continue to be ignorant and continue to be wrong.

What is there to debate? It's a well known fact that republicans hate education. That's why they have such strong contempt for science.

Oh whatever . . . I've got a Master's Degree in a health/science field . . . my brother is a Dentist. We have several family members with advanced degrees. My daughter is studying Microbiology and wants to go into medical research.

We're definitely not liberals.

I live in Irvine California, my neighbors work for firms such as billizard (which btw if you look it up, has its headquarters in Irvine, ca). Yes they are extremely well paid. Yes they are my neighbors and friends.

Oh whatever . . . I've got a Master's Degree in a health/science field . . . my brother is a Dentist. We have several family members with advanced degrees. My daughter is studying Microbiology and wants to go into medical research.

Dopes like Skold are going to believe what they want to. They like to boil stuff down to "Republicans think (insert idea here)" because it's easier than actually thinking logically about things.

Let me put it this way: Steve jobs and bill gates didn't become billionaires because they were good engineers/programmers. They became successful because of their business acumen. We can agree to disagree.

SaiWa,
There are many talented artists in the world. It's their ability to create content that is in demand that gives them fame and fortune. Art is a business, always has been and always will be.

Let me put it this way: Steve jobs and bill gates didn't become billionaires because they were good engineers/programmers. They became successful because of their business acumen. We can agree to disagree.

if that's your way of saying "I had no idea Todd McFarlane was a top tier genius-level artist" and you are admitting that your lack of knowledge/understanding in art then yes I agree...

SaiWa,
There are many talented artists in the world. It's their ability to create content that is in demand that gives them fame and fortune. Art is a business, always has been and always will be.

what does this have to do with the fact that you didn't know Todd McFarlane was a great artist? Keep on moving that goal post and deflecting ala Trump style.

It's quite humorous.. Keep on going.. I'll refill my popcorn bag in the meantime...

if that's your way of saying "I had no idea Todd McFarlane was a top tier genius-level artist" and you are admitting that your lack of knowledge/understanding in art then yes I agree...

No I knew who he was. I still stand by what allowed him to achieve fame and fortune.

What is there to debate? It's a well known fact that republicans hate education. That's why they have such strong contempt for science. It is also a well know fact that on average republican voters have a lower IQ than democrat voters. This has been shown by several independent studies.

There have also been studies showing that Fox News viewers (republicans) are less informed than CNN, MSNBC viewers or even those who do not watch any news.

It's not name calling, it's facts. Deal with it
You misused the word "fact" three times in four lines of text and are calling others stupid?!

No I knew who he was. I still stand by what allowed him to achieve fame and fortune.

right... that's why your quote stated that he is NOT an artist and he is NOT some guy who could draw... you actually thought he couldn't draw...

had you not stated those claims this whole conversation about McFarlane would have never happened.

So no.. you did NOT know who he was.

you must be one of those assclowns that refuses to admit they are wrong when they clearly are... the ship has already sunk and you still think you can navigate and save it...

right... that's why your quote stated that he is NOT an artist and he is NOT some guy who could draw... you actually thought he couldn't draw...

had you not stated those claims this whole conversation about McFarlane would have never happened.

So no.. you did NOT know who he was.

you must be one of those assclowns that refuses to admit they are wrong when they clearly are... the ship has already sunk and you still think you can navigate and save it...

no i knew who he was, if you want to nit pick ok i will rephrase:

"As for the Todd McFarland comparison. He is not an just an artist, he is a content creator. A content creator that has a background in art. But he is not some guy who could just draw."

is that better? I still stand by my claims on what made him rich and famous.

But they're against the social influence of colleges, not against academia.

The resident college is not the future of academia. Fighting for it would be a poor investment. It would be like the right-wing launching and all out war to take back daytime television.

This is specific repulsion towards the modern campus and its role as a nursing home for 20-something burnouts/bookburning mentality. There is an ongoing "libertarian" (online, open-source) revolution in academia. The number of programs is exploding and some are becoming more prestigious than their on-campus counterparts.

Skill/certification-based curriculum. No clique of radical leftist faculty cornering you about your latest research paper and asking if you "hate _____" and blackmailing you into retraction. No dorm meningitis outbreaks. Only show up for labs/proctoring. Little/no debt.
That's the point. You have to reform academia. You can't be against college itself.

I live in Irvine California, my neighbors work for firms such as billizard (which btw if you look it up, has its headquarters in Irvine, ca). Yes they are extremely well paid. Yes they are my neighbors and friends.
Nobody cares you live around a bunch of Asians ,Persians, Indians . Irvine sucks.

Nobody cares you live around a bunch of Asians ,Persians, Indians . Irvine sucks.
Actually when it comes to women there are a lot of white girls who flock to the high end apartments. And honestly there are a lot of white people in Irvine, it is 50% white.

Last edited:
Ok. Not a fan of trump, but biased article much?

"His only expertise is in reality television."

Yeah ok, cause he's not well known in commercial real estate, good thing his show wasn't about that

Congrats, exception is not the rule

It depends on many variables including the individual, the school, the school environment, the professors and program a student enrolls in. It seems like some institutions these days have become glorified daycare centers by day and degenerate nightclubs by night.

If I were running a university, then I would make uniforms mandatory, ban alcohol, drugs and parties on campus, institute a strict curfew policy, segregate the sexes and keep identity studies propaganda away from the campus.

362_DSCF0175.JPG

Just cause u never got laid......

Back