Mainstream Media : "Conor Mcgregor embarrassing himself...,"

It's more of a case of, how much embarrassment you are willing to take for 50 million dollars
Pretty much this laughing all the way to the bank.

Afterwards his fans will say - "oh well he dared to be great and at least he tried." He dared nothing and barely even tried to do what he needed to do to have a legit shot.

He could have sat around mcmansion banging hookers and doing whatever it is he like to do and his fans still would have bought this farce.

And if he doesn't ? History has shown its more likely to happen than not

I'll be rooting for the Irish dude but odds are against him

Just facts

Thanks for the lesson, Bill Nye.

So much cringe. Refers to MMA striking as "slapping", doesn't realize that MMA striking is far more complete, efficient, and diverse than boxing will ever get to.

So much cringe. Refers to MMA striking as "slapping", doesn't realize that MMA striking is far more complete, efficient, and diverse than boxing will ever get to.
miocic-KO-werdum-gif.gif

Landed that punch square. No.slap. And, any boxer with 'world class striking' would have been taken down already. Besides, if you really paid attention, you would know Werdum was actually stung about 5 seconds prior to that sequence. He had already had his bell rung. That one just finished him off.

Sadly that's how true casuals view it

If Conor puts on a semi-respectable showing, ie: makes it to round 6-7 before getting tko'd, he'll get a great deal of respect.

If Conor manages to survive to the final bell he'll be treated like the victor...regardless of if he lands a single significant strike or wins a single round.

This. If Conor lasts even five rounds with Floyd, it'll be treated as a remarkable accomplishment and it probably should be. It's a contest between a competitor from another sport with a marginal, not to mention regional amateur boxing background and an undefeated multiple time world champion whom many believe to be the greatest the sport has ever produced. Realistically, if Conor were Joe Blow, state Golden Gloves qualifier from Altoona PA, this fight couldn't even be sanctioned.

If Conor puts on a semi-respectable showing, ie: makes it to round 6-7 before getting tko'd, he'll get a great deal of respect.

If Conor manages to survive to the final bell he'll be treated like the victor...regardless of if he lands a single significant strike or wins a single round.

The most important thing to remember, though, is that unless Floyd never gets touched, lands power shots on Conor at will, and ends the fight within the first couple of rounds, it will be a humiliating showing for Floyd.

And even if he does end it in one or two rounds in dominate fashion, it STILL won't be a good look for Floyd because he's beating a guy in his first ever pro boxing match.

It is impossible for Mayweather to come out of this fight looking like a "winner" regardless of outcome. I don't know to what degree that fact is in his head. Frankly, unlike Conor, I do think that this is strictly a payday contest for Ladybeater. So IMO he doesn't give two fucks.

The most important thing to remember, though, is that unless Floyd never gets touched, lands power shots on Conor at will, and ends the fight within the first couple of rounds, it will be a humiliating showing for Floyd.

And even if he does end it in one or two rounds in dominate fashion, it STILL won't be a good look for Floyd because he's beating a guy in his first ever pro boxing match.

It is impossible for Mayweather to come out of this fight looking like a "winner" regardless of outcome. I don't know to what degree that fact is in his head. Frankly, unlike Conor, I do think that this is strictly a payday contest for Ladybeater. So IMO he doesn't give two fucks.
You forgot to add 'in my opinion ' lol. Floyd will look like a boss being in total control. You will see.

You forgot to add 'in my opinion ' lol. Floyd will look like a boss being in total control. You will see.

Yeah... a "boss".

Like watching Michael Jordan own the local high school basketball star in one-on-one.

Anyone who actually tries to celebrate Floyd's victory over Conor should be laughed at unmercifully.

It might result in some boxing fans feeling a bit more smug. But if they have so little awareness of what MMA is, as to think "MMA fighters can't fight because on of them isn't as good a boxer as the GOAT"...well does their opinion even matter that much? I don't think it will "de legitimize" MMA whatsoever from that standpoint.

Oh, I disagree. Now, if Floyd recreates his Pacquiao fight then YES, fans will be all over him. And if Conor KOs him, of course.

But even if, lets say McGregor comes out and puts a great show, has a back-and-forth melee with Floyd but ultimately succumbs in Round 7, people aren't going to be saying Floyd sucks. They'll be saying "what a great performance by Conor, and Floyd showed why he's the champ." All Floyd has to do, is be able to put on a good fight and win. I know that's a weird way of putting it...

Yeah... a "boss".

Like watching Michael Jordan own the local high school basketball star in one-on-one.

Anyone who actually tries to celebrate Floyd's victory over Conor should be laughed at unmercifully.

You probably are new to this sub forum , but there are tons of ppl predicting Conor to win while shitting all over boxing and Floyd , they will eat the humble pie until they puke it , the celebration will not be for floyd winning but to shut up all the "Conor will do stuff floyd never seen before , things boxing never seen before" , will you be laughing unmercifully on all the fanboys telling us how he is about to change the boxing game for ever ?

Back