Maia...

Really? i dont see Maia winning over Jacare in anyway, Jacare is more athletic and a better striker and his BJJ is just as dominant or more.
jacare has more of a wrestling style bjj he isnt as technical as maia off his back he won alot of his matches in bjj due to overwhelming pressure passing i think his submission game is much better than jacares

Jacare will probably win on athleticism but he wont sub Maia. He'll decision him.

he is 1-1 against jacare from 10 years ago maia has gotten alot better since i bet maia would win in a mma fight against jacare now
I think you need to see the final of ADCC 2005 88 kg class.

Then consider that Jacare put 11 kgs since that time.

Jacare will probably win on athleticism but he wont sub Maia. He'll decision him.
maia has bettersubs looks like your average guy that just has amazing technique jac bullys people around hes a freakish athlete not super smooth theres different jj styles like boxing jac is more of athletic wrestling type not super technical while maia is alot more crafty methotical

maia has bettersubs looks like your average guy that just has amazing technique jac bullys people around hes a freakish athlete not super smooth theres different jj styles like boxing jac is more of athletic wrestling type not super technical while maia is alot more crafty methotical

He's incredible, but not the best. Jacare is a lot more decorated, and I'm pretty sure he's 2-1 against Maia (no gi included) in competition. More importantly, you'll never, ever see him get outgrappled in MMA. Guaranteed. Maia got outgrappled by Shields, and had his back taken, with both hooks in, against Jason MacDonald. Werdum is also more decorated, but I rank Maia's MMA BJJ slightly ahead.

All that said, finishing Carlos Condit like that in under two minutes is nothing short of remarkable.

Maia is for sure not the best BJJ/ADCC wise in terms of jiujitsu accomplishments but for MMA, he fore sure is one of the best representatives, better than Jacare. Jacare is more dynamic but Demian has used it at a much higher level. Has already fought Anderson Silva for the belt and is well on his way to a 170b title shot. Taking out Condit like that was amazing too

hmm I just think about the rory-maia fight and it shows maia isn't that good if you have above average tdd

hmm I just think about the rory-maia fight and it shows maia isn't that good if you have above average tdd

I don't remember the fight that clearly but I could have sworn Maia was dominating Rory with his grappling until Rory landed a huge kick to the Maia's body and sucked all the wind out of him. After the kick, Maia fought the rest of the fight like a zombie with wobbly legs.

Maia was doing just fine. he just gassed HARD. that was his downfall in that fight. And he still almost won the fight.

jacare has more of a wrestling style bjj he isnt as technical as maia off his back he won alot of his matches in bjj due to overwhelming pressure passing i think his submission game is much better than jacares

I'm a Maia fan and don't really like Jacare, but Souza is a monster because of his strength, athleticism AND technique.
His submission game is second to nobody.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/ronaldo-souza-jacare-fighter-wiki
http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/demian-maia-fighter-wiki

I don't remember the fight that clearly but I could have sworn Maia was dominating Rory with his grappling until Rory landed a huge kick to the Maia's body and sucked all the wind out of him. After the kick, Maia fought the rest of the fight like a zombie with wobbly legs.

He dominanted Rory badly in the first, then gassed hard, still came back in the third and half dead took Rory down..

he has to be the best jits guy in mma today doing this to top level athletes too bad he doesnt have any instructionals or training scessions online id love to see how he likes to set up takedowns or mma ground techniques

would love to see him put out a NOGI video

You remember the first round where Maia took Rory down and dominated him for 5 minutes?

And then lost the fight cause he kept shooting from out of range after being nailed with a body kick that surely zapped his gas tank. Rory didn't really have to defend since Demian was so lazy in trying to shoot, not even trying to time or close distance. But really, Maia could have won that fight.

Back