Maia vs Khabib jiu jitsu match no gi

This is ridiculous. Khabib's style is aggressive and works well in MMA, but Maia has a significant size and skill advantage in jiu-jitsu. He is world class.

With that said, who the fuck knows? I am wrong in MMA predictions most of the time.

Maia, Khabib doesnt do good against big guys. Maia has long strong legs that can stuff take downs and get on his back. I dont think Maia would tap him but Maia would keep Khabib in a defensive position the entire time.

Maia easily. He's bigger first off and is apparently deceptively strong. Also it would be jiu jitsu. Without strikes on the ground I feel like khabib wouldn't be able to do much against a guy like maia.

People saying Maia obviously never saw Schaub shutting down Cyborg Abreu's BJJ game.

Khabib will shut Maia down 2x as hard and he wouldn't even need to run, he'll simply out-position Maia

Haha I saw you rustle some jimmies in them Maia threads. I stayed out of it cause I got buddies on both sides of that argument. (and I'm a Maia fan)

Maia is legit high level but trow some punches dude and you can win that shitty Woodley fight and many others like those and no them takedowns don't work vs this younger wrestler types they be stuffing you so just win on decision cause like you they don't have much striking just win a sloppy decision on points.

I like Khabib and he probably could do alright vs Maia no-gi. But Maia wins this match up 8/10 times. If Khabib can block his single leg, he can work. If Maia gets him down, then good night to Khabib.

I like Khabib a lot, but he isn't on Maia's level of technical grappling. Big difference in bjj and mma.. and also sambo grappling.

Maia has the best bjj and outweighs him by 20lbs atleast

But Khabib is an animal

I still think in bjj Maia wins, because he doesnt have to defend strikes

More interesting would be an MMA fight @ 170

Khabib is my bet just cause of the extra wrestling oh and age.

Don't think Maia can get a favorable position or will have enough to sub such a high level grapppler like Khabib from a bad spot.

you see what Marcelo Garcia did to Ben askren in no-gi BJJ? It wasn't pretty for Ben at all.

D1 wrestlers, larger than khabib, with years of jiu jitsu training also, want absolutely nothing to do with Maia on the ground. Im not sure khabib beats Maia in an MMA fight if it goes to the ground, much less a BJJ match.

Threads like this just show how god awful so many sherdoggers are at analyzing matchups.

you see what Marcelo Garcia did to Ben askren in no-gi BJJ? It wasn't pretty for Ben at all.

Have that again and I bet he won't sub nothing wasn't Ben like new to this sub grappling stuff.

Plus as it stands I think Khabib is better the Ben and Garcia is better then Maia.

There won't be a sub in that match most likely a win on points for Khabib they are to high level and cancel each other while the better wrestler will have the better position.

Maia has the best bjj and outweighs him by 20lbs atleast

But Khabib is an animal

I still think in bjj Maia wins, because he doesnt have to defend strikes

More interesting would be an MMA fight @ 170
I doubt Maia walks around at 210 pounds at the least. The size difference is being exaggerated, Khabib is a huge LW, Maia is a big WW. The difference would probably be closer to 10 pounds.

Have that again and I bet he won't sub nothing wasn't Ben like new to this sub grappling stuff.

You say that but in 2008 Askren said he was a blackbelt, this happened 2 years later in 2010. He got subbed a dozen times in 6 minutes, swept at will and put in really weird submissions with hands both caught behind back etc. I'd hope he would do better.

Not six seconds, but Maia was handled by Garcia as well

I know they grew up together in BJJ. They're good friends, Maia has never been "handled" like Askren got handled. Garcia is the superior BJJ player though.

Remember i'm debating the issue of whether Maia could sweep Kabib.

In all fairness, Garcia does that to everybody. Including Maia.

Eventually. Maia could resist a lot longer, he would eventually get tapped with something though. They've rolled a lot together over the years.

You say that but in 2008 Askren said he was a blackbelt, this happened 2 years later in 2010. He got subbed a dozen times in 6 minutes, swept at will and put in really weird submissions with hands both caught behind back etc. I'd hope he would do better.

If 2010 then Ben was doing this MMA thing for a year and this black belts to wrestlers in a few years seems dubious to me.

I also don't see Ben as this best benchmark I think he loses a bunch of fights to UFC WW's heck I think he losses to Khabib too.

Back