*Maia Vs Covington: Who gets it and how?*

Is Maia too good for Covington?
Is Covington's TDD and wrestling too good for Maia?
Maia, same motivation after losing to Woodley?

Who gets it and how?
Maia via vein popping strangulation

People realize that not all BJJ guys are the same caliber, but they seem to think all wrestlers are. Covington was lightyears better than all the wrestlers Maia has faced other than Woodley, Munoz, and Sonnen.

And what do you know, he lost to two of those three opponents. And he's now 40. He has no chance against Colby.

This is strange argument to make. The Munoz fight was over 6 years ago at Middleweight. I also don't think Woodley is very similar to Covington in the way that they fight. Woodley fights off of his back foot a lot and is very patient. Covington is typically very aggressive and moving forward. I'd be pretty surprised if Covington pulls off the Woodley strategy.

People realize that not all BJJ guys are the same caliber, but they seem to think all wrestlers are. Covington was lightyears better than all the wrestlers Maia has faced other than Woodley, Munoz, and Sonnen.

And what do you know, he lost to two of those three opponents. And he's now 40. He has no chance against Colby.

Totally forgot about Weidman, he was also a wrestler on that level. So Maia is 1-3 vs elite D1 wrestlers.

let me break this thread down simply for all you sherbros:

go watch maia vs condit.

that will be EXACTLY how this fight will go. ..... by-god carbon copy deja vu.

that is all.

/thread.

According to Sherdog, Maia is a MASSIVE favorite.

Vegas has Colby as the favorite.

Definitely an interesting fight, we'll see.

Colby will not use the T-wood plan....he's gonna go the Gunnar route and end up in the same place Gunnar did.

Also if you look at some of Covington's fights, he gets swept...a LOT.

Maia by grappling clinic. Maybe a late submission. Just hope the fight is exciting and not like Maia - Woodley.

Woodley showed the way to beat Maia and I think Covington is smart enough to adapt it, but not skilful enough to do it. Maia via submission or decision

I can not wait to see Covington get choked the fuck out.

Back