Maia Prayer Vigil

anderson_silva_5.jpg

Going to need lots and lots of candles, imo.

who should we pray too btw?

carlos sr. the "spiritual head" of BJJ?

helio, the 1st campeao?

or carlson sr. the 1st gracie badass (imo)?

Holy Crap.

Maia fighting for a title due to injury. He needs to make some serious lemonade out of this business and figure out how to get Anderson to the ground.

I always dreamed of this match up, but not this soon! Lol
But oh well, I have faith in maia and I know he can pull it off.
Literally

I shall walk the earth barefoot for eternity in the name of Maia!

Thats interesting he took that fight, didnt he just train with Minotauro's guys for his last fight?

Thats interesting he took that fight, didnt he just train with Minotauro's guys for his last fight?

He usually trains with Wanderlei.

Brothers, we need to pray this goes to the ground!

The way i see it there is a hope. If tales could get him down (albeit not do shit there) i think there is a "grapplers chance" that maia will walk home with one of those long limbs.

Maia's standup is just good enough to get him KTFO.

Maia needs to listen to Rickson and just believe in jiu jitsu. Get it to the ground and get it done.

candlevigil.jpg

Defy the naysayers, holy son of BJJ. Sub thy opponent and resurrect the withering BJJ presence in this, our glorious sport of MMA.

I will light a candle for thee every day until thy fated match.

Candle%20flame.jpg

Damn, as if I needed THIS to worry about also.

wow, goes to show what the ufc thinks of marquart's win over maia.

War Maia!!!

A win from maia in Abu dhabi could result in the old school zhu zhitzu,zhu zhitzu,zhu zhitzu chant. I think the UFC needs more crowd participation,like when minowa man does the fist pumping.

I wonder if Maia will seek out the training of the Renzo Gracie team, since Renzo is on the same fight card?

Maia is an intelligent man, I'm sure he's going to learn from his past mistakes and get this to the ground. And any man that can throw Chael Sonnen like that can get Anderson Silva down.

I just hope he's doing his neck bridges. Gotta stay concious long enough to get it there.

What a great matchup.

In the name of Helio "the jiu jitsu Jesus" Maia will submit Anderson and Jiu jitsu apocalypse against the non belivers AMEN

Back