Maia Prayer Vigil

And the Lord proclaimed one of the 12 MMA commandements;

"Thou, the BJJ master, shall not try to display amateur level kickboxing, for it is the work of the devil"

I to shall light a candle for saint maia in his conquest over the false bjj prophet Dan Miller.

Sarsberella_3649-3xCandles-Burning.jpg

Gather my brothers, the rapture approaches.

I like it, but it needs something at the end.

"And it was good. Amen."

In the first round Maia said "Let me clinch with this man" and he did thus clinch and saw that it was good. And then he rested.

In the second round Maia said "Let me trip this man" and he did thus trip him and saw that it was good. And then he rested.

In the third round Maia said "Let me choke this man" and he did thus choke him and saw that it was good. And then he rested.

Not the fight I was hoping to see, but congrats to him on the win anyways. After seeing what sonnen did to marquart, I was even more impressed with his throw and submission of sonnen.

.....and right back in the mix!

But who's next? I think it might teh Sex, but I hope not. Hate seeing two guys I root for fight. Maybe Cote?

TTT for Maia. Man of the hour. He pulled it through. No it wasn't pretty, but his stan up is moving into a better placce and he's over his loss.. WAR Maia.. NEXT?

.....and right back in the mix!

But who's next? I think it might teh Sex, but I hope not. Hate seeing two guys I root for fight. Maybe Cote?

I don't think they will Teh Sechs to Maia. I think he would get someone with a little bit more 'name' in the US and also someone who is higher in the title hunt.

Not the fight I was hoping to see, but congrats to him on the win anyways. After seeing what sonnen did to marquart, I was even more impressed with his throw and submission of sonnen.

Exactly. Unfortunately, Sonnen put himself above Maia in the rankings by beating Marquardt. So this means Maia would have to beat Sonnen again, or win a rematch with Marquardt, to place himself above Sonnen. Or maybe he gets the loser of Silva-Belfort?

UFC doesn't seem to like rematches except for when there is grudge involved. I don't think we'll see Maia fight Sonnen or Nate unless its for the title.

If Maia can just reels off another win or 2, he'll probably get a crack at the title.

Exactly. Unfortunately, Sonnen put himself above Maia in the rankings by beating Marquardt. So this means Maia would have to beat Sonnen again, or win a rematch with Marquardt, to place himself above Sonnen. Or maybe he gets the loser of Silva-Belfort?

that would make sense... but i stopped expecting UFC matchmaking to make sense a long time ago

Eh it's a really weird situation. The rock paper scissors formula Maia>Sonnen>Nate>Maia.

It happens a lot in double elimination tournament situations. The accepted logic is that if you beat me, and then someone else beats you, and then I beat the guy who beat you, then I have redeemed my loss against you and am ahead of you. That's what Sonnen did to Maia. So Maia would have to beat Sonnen again, or avenge his loss to Marquardt, to prove that he's still better.

Since Sonnen now gets the title shot after Belfort, I am really curious who they will feed to Maia next. Leites got cut. Who else is there? Okami? Sexyama? Winner of Belcher-Cote?

It happens a lot in double elimination tournament situations. The accepted logic is that if you beat me, and then someone else beats you, and then I beat the guy who beat you, then I have redeemed my loss against you and am ahead of you. That's what Sonnen did to Maia. So Maia would have to beat Sonnen again, or avenge his loss to Marquardt, to prove that he's still better.

Since Sonnen now gets the title shot after Belfort, I am really curious who they will feed to Maia next. Leites got cut. Who else is there? Okami? Sexyama? Winner of Belcher-Cote?

okami would be a good match up... i see maia taking that though

Back