Maia Prayer Vigil

Maia is a fucking retard. Throws a horrible kick, dropping both his hands. Pull guard and sweep the guy, and work your game. *sigh* I can't stand it when BJJ artists think they can strike when they can't.

I'm not sure what's worse. Maia getting blasted like that or Babalu's KO where he threw a jumping knee with both hands at his waist against Lambert.

attachment.php

This sucks. Another BJJ hero goes down. The fight lasted about as long as Alberto Crane's last disaster.

Maia will never do that (crazy wild ass move just to prove he's more than a BJJ master) again.

Premature stoppage IMO, Maia was rolling over

Premature stoppage IMO, Maia was rolling over

I felt that a bit too, but because marquardt didn't engage, and Maia wasn't offensive (should have upkicked or something), they called it.

Don't get me wrong, he was OUT. He spin right to his face because of the hip movement off of his kick, and never extended the leg. Just...out.

But MANY people were out that night (randy, one or two other guys) and were given a chance to continue.

btw, lol at Leben's first words on waking up: "I tapped"

‘Fight on, my men!’

I am hurt, but I am not slain;

I’le lay me downe and bleed a-while,

And then I’le rise and fight again.'

- Sir Andrew Barton, 1511

If Nate hadn't held back Maia would have needlessly gotten seriously injured. He lost the fight in one stupid move and now he can train for his next fight with his face intact.

Maia will make a glorious comeback at UFC 109 against Dan Miller this Saturday at UFC 109.

The people support Maia:
candlelight-vigil.jpg

Maia will make a glorious comeback at UFC 109 against Dan Miller this Saturday at UFC 109.

The people support Maia:
candlelight-vigil.jpg

Thank you for ressurecting thing thread. Now that Maia has died for our sins he may come back as our savior. He saw this thread and he just wanted to follow the plot that's all. WAR MAIA!

"And Maia said, 'Let me pull guard,' and he pulled guard. Maia saw that there was an opportunity for a submission, and he separated the arm from the torso."

- UFC 10:9 :icon_chee

Back