Maia Prayer Vigil

Im praying to Saint Steven Patrick Morrissey for Maia's with Via Sub..
morrisey2o1_1280_zps12db7621.jpg

morrisseycandle1_zps08c3da4d.jpg

lit both my candles and praying my favorite morrissey prayer when i need something..
Please, Please, Please, let me get what I want this time...
[YT]eu4k5sTzxIw[/YT]

Keep this flame burning. There is a light that never goes out.

maia has been granted a title shot!

i have an issue with it being exactly 1 month away, though. what the fuck is up with that?

i have an issue with it being exactly 1 month away, though. what the fuck is up with that?

GSP want to fight the winner at the next MSG event, Woodley wants to get Maia before he can start another supercycle and peak rather than just recover from the previous camp, Dana don't GAF, and Maia is too nice to be an asshole in order to guarantee his own self-interest.

GSP want to fight the winner at the next MSG event, Woodley wants to get Maia before he can start another supercycle and peak rather than just recover from the previous camp, Dana don't GAF, and Maia is too nice to be an asshole in order to guarantee his own self-interest.

i hope he saw this coming and was training. this is his big shot, it would suck so bad if he came in underprepared.

I'm actually looking back in the whole title shot history of that division so see if any challenger was ever forced to fight for the title so soon after their last fight. I haven't finished but I'm all the way back to Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg and the answer is still hell no, never.

I'm actually looking back in the whole title shot history of that division so see if any challenger was ever forced to fight for the title so soon after their last fight. I haven't finished but I'm all the way back to Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg and the answer is still hell no, never.

It was badly done by the UFC, I don't know what they were thinking by doing the title contender fight 2 months after the actual title fight. Maybe they had something planned that didn't workout or they thought they would do the wonderboy fight again anyway or they were hoping to sign GSP for this fight.

Woodley last fought in march and July is an ok date for him but it sucks for Maia

Demian is getting screwed here... Anyways he has to take the shot or he's not going to get it... Ever...

Now, if you think this well... Demian has 2 rounds to win this, may be 3 tops... Twood hits like a mule, and defending does not gass you out nearly as attacking... So if it passes the 3, full camp or not, demian is fucked. A full camp demian though will probably be stronger in the first 3 rounds than half camp demian.

What he cannot do is try to ride a decision based on control, it's Ben seen in his last fight that mass eventhough was royally grapplefucked, a few strikes here and there got some of the public and most important, judges to think it was a close fight, which wasn't, demian wasn't knocked down once in the entire fight, he got hit with some leg kicks and high kicks all blocked by the way...

Demian has to pull a gunner Nelson type of fight or sub twood... He ain't riding a decision I think...

Can't wait for bjj scouts pre fight breakdown...

I work with a management company that handles UFC fighters. These fights are arranged weeks before they announced. Maia has probably had a training camp going for a few weeks now.

I work with a management company that handles UFC fighters. These fights are arranged weeks before they announced. Maia has probably had a training camp going for a few weeks now.
i hope so, but it really doesn't look like it, according to his manager.

he says they have 4 weeks, the shortest time demian's ever had to prepare for a fight in the ufc.

In a normal case it would, is not only the prep time what matter, demian is almost 40, his body doesn't recover as fast as in his 20's he cannot be in constant training camp, he needs to restnhis body... Specially since no peds are allow

Well, it's a screw job for sure, but Maia, has to take it because he will never ever get another shot. Literally if he was given one week notice, or three days! he would have to take it because the UFC really doesn't want him to be champion. This is it for him. I really hope he can pull it off but I kinda expect him to drop a one sided decision. He's extremely hard to finish so unless he just utterly gasses from lack of prep time or something then maybe get finished late.

- Woodley backs up against the cage to counterstrike.
- Maia fakes something, grabs an ankle with 2 fingers.
- Maia wins via RNC.

Demian is getting screwed here... Anyways he has to take the shot or he's not going to get it... Ever...

Now, if you think this well... Demian has 2 rounds to win this, may be 3 tops... Twood hits like a mule, and defending does not gass you out nearly as attacking... So if it passes the 3, full camp or not, demian is fucked. A full camp demian though will probably be stronger in the first 3 rounds than half camp demian.

What he cannot do is try to ride a decision based on control, it's Ben seen in his last fight that mass eventhough was royally grapplefucked, a few strikes here and there got some of the public and most important, judges to think it was a close fight, which wasn't, demian wasn't knocked down once in the entire fight, he got hit with some leg kicks and high kicks all blocked by the way...

Demian has to pull a gunner Nelson type of fight or sub twood... He ain't riding a decision I think...
If Maia manages to backpack him, maybe via a standing back take, I think there's a good chance Woodley gasses badly.

I realize it's another division, but Jon Jones beat Ryan Bader on Feb 5, 2011, then fought and beat Shogun for the title on March 19, 2011.

I think he has a better chance in this fight than against Masvidal. Masvidals striking is very diverse and his BJJ is high level. With Woodley all he has to worry about is that lunging telegraphed right hand

I realize it's another division, but Jon Jones beat Ryan Bader on Feb 5, 2011, then fought and beat Shogun for the title on March 19, 2011.
True but Jones was like 22. Maia is 40.
Plus with Jones, if I remember correctly, it was a last minute replacement where they had to find somebody. In this case they have all the options in the world to wait till a later PPV BUT won't. They're litteraly and intentionally saying "F%#$ your recovery and camp"

Back