Maia needs to be respected a lot more

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
too many people disrespecting him
he's the ww/mw version of big nog

Don’t remember Nog being in so many stinkers and being so desperate begging opponents to go on the ground with him

Jitz guy is always gonna get shit. Especially after fights like the Woodley fight. He's awesome. But totally one dimensional.

he's brazillian and not a striker
and mma fans are retarded

its a perfect storm

Maia is the man on multiple levels.

He’s a world champion in BJJ, he’s a great teacher, and he seems like an all-around good guy.

But his fights are boring as fuck, 9 times out of ten.

maiasonnenthrow.gif

11gm146.gif

But that tenth fight, tho...

Last edited:
When he’s good he’s great but when he’s bad it’s terrible.

I have nothing against Maia and i think he is an excellent grappler and solid competitor but to compare him with one of the most successful and entertaining Heavyweights of all time is ridicilous imo.

Big Nog was miles ahead when it comes to entertainment value and was the best HW at some point in time.

Maia doesnt have a fan friendly style and neither has he ever been considerd the best at WW.

Maia has only 1 ko loss, no subs.

He's also that guy that will make the fight boring. IS THERE anyone as good as him on the ground? That's his forte, he's easily outstrikable and tries to take the fight where he can win it. IS what it is.

I'm not saying Maia should be immune to criticism, but he certainly tries harder than most of his opponents to do something.

Maia is a dangerous fighter, containing him is a priority for fighters.

Last edited:
he's brazillian and not a striker
and mma fans are retarded

its a perfect storm
Funny how Usman gets shit for being boring but Maia gets a pass. His last four fights have been boring.

They need to stop matching him up with grapplers so he can start RNCing fools again and retire on a good note

He's a BJJ guy, are you expecting head kick knockouts? haha

Maia certainly does deserve tons of hespect. He's only been KO'd once, never subbed, fought for the belt in two weight classes...fucking Finched Finch ffs. Which was like the grappling version of what Holly did to Honda.

We. Must. Not. Forget.

Tyrun, Cody and Zzzman may have beat Maia, but they did it by following a game plan (pretty much the exact same one), to a tee. None of them came out looking impressive, at all. They avoided grappling with him like their life depended on it...that speaks volumes of the fear Maia's BJJ puts into his opponents.

I wonder if...if Maia had gone to a camp like Kings MMA, years ago, developed a proper striking game, especially LEG KICKS, how about some knees, or elbows, etc. I wonder if he had a S&C guy like Nick Curson...and a manager that would stop him from fighting three identical opponents in a row, all on short notice.

Still, hespect.

Funny how Usman gets shit for being boring but Maia gets a pass. His last four fights have been boring.

I dont think maia gets a pass at all

But in reality the objective in sport is to win

The objective of strippers is to entertain

Maia certainly does deserve tons of hespect. He's only been KO'd once, never subbed, fought for the belt in two weight classes...fucking Finched Finch ffs. Which was like the grappling version of what Holly did to Honda.

We. Must. Not. Forget.

Tyrun, Cody and Zzzman may have beat Maia, but they did it by following a game plan (pretty much the exact same one), to a tee. None of them came out looking impressive, at all. They avoided grappling with him like their life depended on it...that speaks volumes of the fear Maia's BJJ puts into his opponents.

I wonder if...if Maia had gone to a camp like Kings MMA, years ago, developed a proper striking game, especially LEG KICKS, how about some knees, or elbows, etc. I wonder if he had a S&C guy like Nick Curson...and a manager that would stop him from fighting three identical opponents in a row, all on short notice.

Still, hespect.
I agree, imagine him faking a takedown and then just Knee the face or body, which might grant him a TD or a Opponent being rocked, this way you know its coming, but only wrestlers are able to neutralize him.

too many people disrespecting him
he's the ww/mw version of big nog
Why didn’t he learn more wrestling which would help him get guys to the ground? The single leg clearly don’t always work...

Back