Maia had some of the best wrestling out of any BJJ player in MMA (gif heavy)

Maia is an exceptional fights and very worthy of the hall of fame.

35+ fights, finished only once just competed for the title at almost 40. The list goes on and on.

Right now it's a fad amongst lazy, fat sherdoggers to shit on bjj. Doesn't matter if a bjj guy like Maia or Jacare or even Dern is blazing through their division , as soon as they lose it's the "hurr durr bjj sucks bro told you so" brigade coming out of their mom's basements

It's sad

Good thing I said he had the best wrestling out of BJJ players. I didn't say he had the best wrestling in the division. Shields and fitch were All american wrestlers as well, and he took fitch down 7 times and Shields down three times. Go build your bald strawmen elsewhere and attack it with transplants.
He got robbed with Munoz though

1/67 is 1.4%, not 9.09%., and given the sample sizes the 0/2 is not statistically significant.
Read my other posts see what 9.09 is for and to understand why I used 0/2.

After three pages of discussion, the one thing that stands out - using logic on this LouisBolanos guy when it comes to Demian Maia is absolutely futile, to a point where it's not even funny anymore.
Maia is one of the all time greats in MMA and a BJJ legend. Fact.
The guy is an idiot, and that's complimenting his intelligence. Keeps pointing out stats but can't understand grade 6 math.

At least he got put in his place and crawled back to his corner.

Last edited:
Doubly alert doesn't explain 1 TD out of 67. That's just a terrible excuse. 1 out of 67 meas you are not only bad, you're also not improving or adapting, it means you're just trying the same shit over and over expecting things to change. If Luke can evolve, if TJ can go from a 1 dimensional wrestler to one of the best strikers in his division, then wtf is Maia doing spamming the same TDs and getting stuffed by the same wrestlers since 2011?

You mean story fitch shields laflare were Not good wrestlers?

Recent shortcomings aside, I think people should remember that Maia truly helped advance the game for BJJ players in MMA by being one of the only true BJJ guys to improve his wrestling so that he could truly utilize his skillset. Yes, he's 40 now and just faced 3 of the best wrestlers in the division back to back to back (2 of them with short notice camps) and he didn't get his takedowns, but let's not forget that this guy helped pave the ways for future BJJ players/ grapplers in this sport.

oh hai gais

ricardo_arona.jpg

Maia and sometimes Jacare have got good takedown games. But guys like Covington and Usman are stronger at wrestling than most guys would have ever been. They have something known as wrestler's strength. it is like grappler's strength, but wrestling of course. It is almost impossible to take a life-long wrestler down, unless you are a life-long wrestler yourself.

Not good enough compared to the all americans that Maia went 1 out of 67 for TDs against.

So, now if you can’t take down an all American such as twood Colby and usman, you suck? Why don’t you hear uncle Chael talk about maias wrstling and stop making your self sound like. A moron

So, now if you can’t take down an all American such as twood Colby and usman, you suck? Why don’t you hear uncle Chael talk about maias wrstling and stop making your self sound like. A moron

Strawman much?

The title of the post is "Maia had some of the best wrestling out of any BJJ player in MMA"

Not the best =/= suck.

And yes, if you're 1 for 67 in TD attempts against All Americans, none of whom have anywhere close to flawless TDD, you most definitely do not have one of the best wrestling out of any BJJ players.

And sure, you keep listening to Chael's 'stories', because believing in Chael's stories over factual statistics will for sure make you look less like a moron.

giphy.gif

Strawman much?

The title of the post is "Maia had some of the best wrestling out of any BJJ player in MMA"

Not the best =/= suck.

And yes, if you're 1 for 67 in TD attempts against All Americans, none of whom have anywhere close to flawless TDD, you most definitely do not have one of the best wrestling out of any BJJ players.

And sure, you keep listening to Chael's 'stories', because believing in Chael's stories over factual statistics will for sure make you look less like a moron.

giphy.gif

Flawless tdd? When was the last time Woolley was taken down? Or Colby or Usman?

Your the one saying he’s wrestling is horrible, not me..

Flawless tdd? When was the last time Woolley was taken down? Or Colby or Usman?

When was the last time a BJJ guy with "some of the best wrestling" went 1 for 67 against All Americans?

Your the one saying he’s wrestling is horrible, not me..

It's terrible compared to someone who's supposed to have some of the best wresting among BJJ players. Context matters.

When was the last time a BJJ guy with "some of the best wrestling" went 1 for 67 against All Americans?

It's terrible compared to someone who's supposed to have some of the best wresting among BJJ players. Context matters.

When was the last time a Bjj guy went vs a murders row such as twood Colby and Usman? When?

Are you a wrestler or have you ever wrestle?

LOL no. Shields was a junior college wrasslter and Fitch's collegiate wrassling record was dog shit, he lost more matches than he won. 1 for 67 against All Americans is laughable.

All way bigger than him and none of them had the balls to take him down or were close to hurt him.

When was the last time a Bjj guy went vs a murders row such as twood Colby and Usman? When?

I asked the question first. You don't get to counter with another question. Answer my question first, and I'll answer yours.

All way bigger than him and none of them had the balls to take him down or were close to hurt him.

Woodley is way bigger than Maia? Colby wasn't close to hurting Maia?

The delusion is strong in you.

Woodley is way bigger than Maia? Colby wasn't close to hurting Maia?

The delusion is strong in you.

bigger is not taller. Woodley is a tank, You can hardly do more powerful at 170
colby was not even close to think about getting a finish.

you are a funny guy.

that being said much respect to all All American wrestlers.

bigger is not taller. Woodley is a tank, You can hardly do more powerful at 170
colby was not even close to think about getting a finish.

you are a funny guy.

that being said much respect to all All American wrestlers.

Maia was a small MW cutting down to WW. Munoz and Weidman are bigger than he is, but the 3 WW AA's he faced are most definitely not.

Back