Made a video of me playing guitar (with a shirt on this time :o)

Sweet improvisation.

Nice warm up there with the 1-3-5. I have a guitar shaped like a V, so I have to play standing. Any advice on how to manage stretching the fingers that much when the neck of the guitar is lower than in sitting position?

Yessir, you need to adjust your strap so that the neck isn't slouching at all, punk musicians get a pass lol and can have the strap real low but for the rest of us we need to keep it in a position where the strap length naturally keeps the neck in an upright position when we aren't touching the guitar with our hands.

When you let the guitar hang from you, the neck should still be pointing upwards instead of at the ground. I do know that flying v's are a bit more (a lot more) unforgiving with this but just mess with your strap, you might need it to be tighter. You could also try using a shoe lace through the hole on the left end of the strap and tie it to the head stock by the nut like a lot of acoustic players do. Tie that shit tight though!

The V shape is usually comfortable sitting in the classical position where you rest it on your lead leg and raise your lead leg up a little with with either your foot or a little classical foot pedal
This thing...
iu

Yessir, you need to adjust your strap so that the neck isn't slouching at all, punk musicians get a pass lol and can have the strap real low but for the rest of us we need to keep it in a position where the strap length naturally keeps the neck in an upright position when we aren't touching the guitar with our hands.

When you let the guitar hang from you, the neck should still be pointing upwards instead of at the ground. I do know that flying v's are a bit more (a lot more) unforgiving with this but just mess with your strap, you might need it to be tighter. You could also try using a shoe lace through the hole on the left end of the strap and tie it to the head stock by the nut like a lot of acoustic players do. Tie that shit tight though!

The V shape is usually comfortable sitting in the classical position where you rest it on your lead leg and raise your lead leg up a little with with either your foot or a little classical foot pedal
This thing...
iu

Awesome post, I might have to swallow my pride and set the guitar slightly higher. Looks so much better when it's low though.

Awesome post, I might have to swallow my pride and set the guitar slightly higher. Looks so much better when it's low though.

Timeless dilemma for us guitarists

Back