Made a video of me playing guitar (with a shirt on this time :o)

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Hope you enjoy it sherbros... or not...

Really impressive bro. You're very talented. Take the shirt back off next time though

Hope you enjoy it sherbros... or not...

9/10 for having a shirt on :D Seriously though nice work! I've just started actively playing guitar again in a band. I started off playing guitar as my first instrument but transitioned to drums, because as a teen my pops played them and I was the dude that had a kit.

I'm 37 now and just started getting back into guitar as that was the spot I was needed in with a friends band. I feel it's what I'm the best at, but I'm just playing rhythm for now. All of these years as a meat head drummer dulled my skills, but it's very inspiring seeing that video. Your tone is spot on for the style. Thanks for the post!

9/10 for having a shirt on :D Seriously though nice work! I've just started actively playing guitar again in a band. I started off playing guitar as my first instrument but transitioned to drums, because as a teen my pops played them and I was the dude that had a kit.

I'm 37 now and just started getting back into guitar as that was the spot I was needed in with a friends band. I feel it's what I'm the best at, but I'm just playing rhythm for now. All of these years as a meat head drummer dulled my skills, but it's very inspiring seeing that video. Your tone is spot on for the style. Thanks for the post!

Thanks brother! Keep playing

TS you should do soundtracks for Michael Mann movies

Nice.......I fee similar emotion when I listen to joe satriani's "the forgotten part 2".

In that I mean the emotion as they are very different songs.

Can you make another video with your pants off pls tnx

Started a teaching series today too

Last edited:
Started a teaching series today too

Awesome! The thing is I totally get the pentatonic's, but the arpeggio's are really what I want to exercise. You are 10x the guitar player I will ever be, I'll give you a thing of what I'm working with. Be nice because we don't have a singer (and only had 5 practices) and the lead guitar player is doing the lyrics. I'm, the dude on the left. Listen to it with headphones if you can.

Last edited:
Awesome! The thing is I totally get the pentatonic's, but the arpeggio's are really what I want to exercise. You are 10x the guitar player I will ever be, I'll give you a thing of what I'm working with. Be nice because we don't have a singer (and only had 5 practices) and the lead guitar player is doing the lyrics. I'm, the dude on the left. Listen to it with headphones if you can.

Honestly, I was looking for something to critique here but it's actually a very tight cover. The vocalist's pitch is right in the pocket and everyone is synchronized. I don't have anything bad to say at all :D I used to cover this song to with a band back in the day, RHCP are legendary.

I'll be getting into arpeggios eventually. It's good to have a solid understanding of how chord harmony is built to really know how to make your own arpeggios. Basically speaking though, a major chord is built off of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th notes of the major scale. So a "major" arpeggio is when you play the 1st, 3rd, and 5th in sequence and usually over one or two octaves. A "minor" arpeggio is also built off the 1st, 3rd, and 5th but from the minor scale (which is just a major scale with a flattened 3rd note, a flattened 6th note, and a flattened 7th note).

There are a ton of different arpeggios though, basically as many as there are chords, but major and minor arpeggios are what we hear a lot of in Western music.

Honestly, I was looking for something to critique here but it's actually a very tight cover. The vocalist's pitch is right in the pocket and everyone is synchronized. I don't have anything bad to say at all :D I used to cover this song to with a band back in the day, RHCP are legendary.

I'll be getting into arpeggios eventually. It's good to have a solid understanding of how chord harmony is built to really know how to make your own arpeggios. Basically speaking though, a major chord is built off of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th notes of the major scale. So a "major" arpeggio is when you play the 1st, 3rd, and 5th in sequence and usually over one or two octaves. A "minor" arpeggio is also built off the 1st, 3rd, and 5th but from the minor scale (which is just a major scale with a flattened 3rd note, a flattened 6th note, and a flattened 7th note).

There are a ton of different arpeggios though, basically as many as there are chords, but major and minor arpeggios are what we hear a lot of in Western music.

Isn't a minor scale just the flattened 3rd?

You're good, but you might consider dropping the drum track: it's nearly impossible to groove without a real drummer and real bass.

Isn't a minor scale just the flattened 3rd?

Yes, there is a minor third, but also a minor 6th and a minor 7th. The minor 3rd is what defines a triad as a minor chord though.

You're good, but you might consider dropping the drum track: it's nearly impossible to groove without a real drummer and real bass.
I love organic instrumentation too, however electronic music can also be very good. I just took this backing track off YouTube and played over it, so I have no idea how they went about making it originally.

Yes, there is a minor third, but also a minor 6th and a minor 7th. The minor 3rd is what defines a triad as a minor chord though.

This is how I always thought about it:

"The other uses of major and minor, in general, refer to musical structures containing major thirds or minor thirds. A major scale is one whose third degree is a major third above the tonic, while a minor scale has a minor third degree."

From,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_and_minor

Which is I think the technical definition. However, by tradition, sometimes the 6th and 7th is also flattened as a variation of the scale.

This is how I always thought about it:

"The other uses of major and minor, in general, refer to musical structures containing major thirds or minor thirds. A major scale is one whose third degree is a major third above the tonic, while a minor scale has a minor third degree."

From,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_and_minor

Which is I think the technical definition. However, by tradition, sometimes the 6th and 7th is also flattened as a variation of the scale.

Interesting, I've never heard of a natural minor scale not flattening the 6th and 7th. If you use a major 7th in the minor scale you have the harmonic minor scale. If you play the minor scale with a major 6th and a minor 7th you have the dorian mode. If you only used a minor third and maintained the rest of the scale using major key tonality, I believe you have the melodic minor scale. I'll have to investigate this :p

EDIT: Ok, I believe what you quoted is correct as a blanket statement that the consistent interval across all three minor scales is the minor 3rd. There are 3 different minor scales but this statement is technically correct, because in relation to the major scale the only consistent change is the minor 3rd. However, the only scale of the three different minor scales that only has a minor 3rd is the melodic minor. The natural minor has a flattened 3rd, 6th, and 7th and the harmonic minor has a flattened 3rd and 6th.

Tricky and confusing wording from wikipedia.

Last edited:
Sweet improvisation.

Nice warm up there with the 1-3-5. I have a guitar shaped like a V, so I have to play standing. Any advice on how to manage stretching the fingers that much when the neck of the guitar is lower than in sitting position?

Back