Mad to think that once you die everything you saw, thought about and experienced will cease to exist

Escape into a parallel universe/ dimension. And who knows? The process of continued expansion of the universe could reverse due to forces we just cannot understand or foresee. It's fun to contemplate these things, even if i do not understand them

But most people who respect the laws of physics understand we are stuck on planet earth, and are certainly not leaving the solar system.

The solar system has an expiry date, can we at least agree on that?

But most people who respect the laws of physics understand we are stuck on planet earth, and are certainly not leaving the solar system.

The solar system has an expiry date, can we at least agree on that?
Definitely. Everything has an expiration date. Law of entropy. Though Sol's system is estimated to be around for a few billion more. That's a lot of time to figure things out. If we manage to not annihilate ourselves first.

If you believe like i do, and we went to the moon, we accomplished that in roughly a few hundred thousand years of human existence. Our knowledge and technology is only growing, so what we will accomplish in the next few thousand years will be tremendous, if we continue this growth.

Definitely. Everything has an expiration date. Law of entropy. Though Sol's system is estimated to be around for a few billion more. That's a lot of time to figure things out. If we manage to not annihilate ourselves first.

That's just it, if we somehow manage to figure out climate patterns and live through the natural shifts, slow down human population, advance medicine to cater for a species that's very slowly becoming more sick, prevent lunatics starting a nuclear war and evade some massive comet or big solar flare, we might just have something figured out in a few billion years, but the more likely scenario is we're all toast well before that.

Even worse if you're still alive and you lose your memory.

Imagine living a full life and then forgetting all of it just by getting sick, or some sort of freak accident.

My grandma is alive and healthy over the age of 80, but 10 years ago she fell down, hit her head and was in a coma for about a week. She came out of it but these days it's akin to taking care of a toddler. Crazy how life works sometimes.

Existence is a long steady process of entropy. Eventually, we(all matter/energy) might be isolated from one another, pushed endlessly away from all that once was together, and nothing will remember a time when it wasn't so. Such as when you die and push away from the living. All things must follow their own path onwards.

But fuck it! You're here with all of us NOW! Enjoy it, and try not to think too much about the inevitable path all life takes.

This is why it is important to believe in Jesus Christ our Lord it is only thru him one can have an everlasting life and Science supports this. We will all be one with the Lord the light Jesus!

Also a good reason not to Masturbate because Jesus does not like people who masturbate.

Amen.

That's just it, if we somehow manage to figure out climate patterns and live through the natural shifts, slow down human population, advance medicine to cater for a species that's very slowly becoming more sick, prevent lunatics starting a nuclear war and evade some massive comet or big solar flare, we might just have something figured out in a few billion years, but the more likely scenario is we're all toast well before that.

Idk. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't think we will. I truly believe we are destined to get off of this rock, and into deeper parts of our galaxy. We are natural explorers, and inquisitive to a fault. The advances we will see in the next 100 years will set in motion things previously thought impossible. Genetic engineering and robotics will have a profound effect on our specie's future. We are just in a very weird transitional phase.

Mind you, all of this is just my opinion, and I'm not a big proponent of "fate" in general, but I don't think it's our destiny or what have you, to die on this little rock in a small corner of the Milky Way.

The truth is that we don’t know. No religion can tell us, as it is as much fiction as say “Star Wars”. So that being said, I plan to Devore my life to become a force ghost. I will come back and guide my children, like Obi Wan did for Luke.

Idk. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't think we will. I truly believe we are destined to get off of this rock, and into deeper parts of our galaxy. We are natural explorers, and inquisitive to a fault. The advances we will see in the next 100 years will set in motion things previously thought impossible. Genetic engineering and robotics will have a profound effect on our specie's future. We are just in a very weird transitional phase.

Mind you, all of this is just my opinion, and I'm not a big proponent of "fate" in general, but I don't think it's our destiny or what have you, to die on this little rock in a small corner of the Milky Way.

I admire your optimism, but certainly don't share it. I think if the humans beings that populated the earth and done all that exploring and discovering were equipped with the knowledge we have today and pushed that knowledge on to their young, then humans may have become a more respectable cautious species. But we are destined to ruin the planet, you could probably argue the damage plastic has and will have done to our oceans is an irreversible catastrophe that will have life changing consequences for all marine life and us. That's just one thing. I see the planet out living us a long way.

I admire your optimism, but certainly don't share it. I think if the humans beings that populated the earth and done all that exploring and discovering were equipped with the knowledge we have today and pushed that knowledge on to their young, then humans may have become a more respectable cautious species. But we are destined to ruin the planet, you could probably argue the damage plastic has and will have done to our oceans is an irreversible catastrophe that will have life changing consequences for all marine life and us. That's just one thing. I see the planet out living us a long way.
True, though necessity is the mother of invention. Sad thing is(or maybe good from your view point), we will surely see neither scenario play out.

Outside of this superstitious beliefs in reincarnation or other bullshit.

You are here and now. And then, when death comes for you, there will be nothing. No memory, no sensation, no awareness. Nothing.

All that driving skills you learned, that football star you once was or important politician or whatever won't have a slightest effect.
It's just the universes way of reminding you that your opinion doesn't mean shit.

This is why it is important to believe in Jesus Christ our Lord it is only thru him one can have an everlasting life and Science supports this. We will all be one with the Lord the light Jesus!

Also a good reason not to Masturbate because Jesus does not like people who masturbate.

Amen.
I like to masturbate outside on some grass. Seeding the planet with my seed. Truly doing the Lord's work while he is vacationing on Saturn or Uranus.

True, though necessity is the mother of invention. Sad thing is(or maybe good from your view point), we will surely see neither scenario play out.

Just an old fart that wonders what future his kids has :)

Some people suggest bringing kids into the world is cruel, I say fuck all that, im not living in sub saharan africa with no water. We have a comfy fucking life here in the UK. Everything you want is a mouse click away.

Just an old fart that wonders what future his kids has :)

Some people suggest bringing kids into the world is cruel, I say fuck all that, im not living in sub saharan africa with no water. We have a comfy fucking life here in the UK. Everything you want is a mouse click away.
Yeah man, I have 3 boys, so I'm forced to be an optimist, because to think otherwise would make me cry lol

I dont want to live forever. That sounds alot worse than dying tbh

Yeah man, I have 3 boys, so I'm forced to be an optimist, because to think otherwise would make me cry lol

I have one of each, and their future is going to be okay from a financial point of view. They have a house, i cant really give them anymore. The future of the planet relies on what these young bastards do differently to us today. Im not optimistic at all. If anything, people just want more stuff today. We, humans like to consume.

Outside of this superstitious beliefs in reincarnation or other bullshit.

You are here and now. And then, when death comes for you, there will be nothing. No memory, no sensation, no awareness. Nothing.

All that driving skills you learned, that football star you once was or important politician or whatever won't have a slightest effect.
How can you be so sure? You haven't experience death yet?

I actually find that thought very comforting

Back