Mad to think that once you die everything you saw, thought about and experienced will cease to exist

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Outside of this superstitious beliefs in reincarnation or other bullshit.

You are here and now. And then, when death comes for you, there will be nothing. No memory, no sensation, no awareness. Nothing.

All that driving skills you learned, that football star you once was or important politician or whatever won't have a slightest effect.

Op trying to get deep again but just being dumb af with another nonsense thread.

So when you die all the experiences you had and told people about and wrote and taught people cease to exist?

Tolkien thought about Lord of the Rings but I guess since he's dead it doesn't exist anymore, huh.

Guess when I die my kid is suddenly gonna forget how to drive. FOH

Bernie Lomax had a good run after dying.

giphy.gif

If you're lucky, you'll lose your ability to play football and drive long before you die.

In a couple hundred million years, the sun will begin to run out of hydrogen to fuse into helium. As a result, it will will expand several times in circumference, boiling away Earth's oceans and killing all remaining life.

Eventually, the universe will expand to a point where it experiences heat death. All stars will die and the universe will be completely black. After several thousand trillion years, even black holes will evaporate.

I say be thankful life is impermanent.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

You are here and now. And then, when death comes for you, there will be nothing. No memory, no sensation, no awareness. Nothing.

All that driving skills you learned, that football star you once was or important politician or whatever won't have a slightest effect.
So just try to enjoy your life. Might as well. You're here. I don't care if nothing means anything and life is just an illusory dream...there's still a lot of good times to be had. What should I do, be mad or sad for the rest of my life? Kill myself?

If you're lucky, you'll lose your ability to play football and drive long before you die.

In a couple hundred million years, the sun will begin to run out of hydrogen to fuse into helium. As a result, it will will expand several times in circumference, boiling away Earth's oceans and killing all remaining life.

Eventually, the universe will expand to a point where it experiences heat death. All stars will die and the universe will be completely black. After several thousand trillion years, even black holes will evaporate.

I say be thankful life is impermanent.

I think once black holes are the only massive things left in the universe, they may attract each other over great distances and times and connect.. All to finally create a single singularity. Then maybe reexpansion.

Agreed. No idea why people would want to die rich.

We will be just like we were before we were conceived.

Existence is a long steady process of entropy. Eventually, we(all matter/energy) might be isolated from one another, pushed endlessly away from all that once was together, and nothing will remember a time when it wasn't so. Such as when you die and push away from the living. All things must follow their own path onwards.

But fuck it! You're here with all of us NOW! Enjoy it, and try not to think too much about the inevitable path all life takes.

We may be living in a simulation. Look at the graphics and worlds we create now, and think about how much more computing power we will have in the future. Currently we are doubling the computing power every 2 years (moores law), as we shrink the size of the transistor down in the nanoscale.

Even if the rate of progression slowed, and we only progress 10% a year, in 10,000 years, which is nothing on a cosmic scale, we will be creating virtual worlds indistinguishable from our own.

What if you can program the people in that world to have free will? Eventually a person in that world will build a computer, and in time they will create another virtual world inside their own. The pattern continues infinitely until you have countless virtual worlds inside one another.

What are the chances, in an almost infinite number of virtual worlds, that we happened to be in the original, real world? I think im real but how do I really know? The chances are much greater that we are in one of the infinite virtual worlds.

In this world we will eventually create a virtual world within our own, and if we become advanced enough we may be able to alter the rate of time in these virtual worlds. Whats to say this hasnt already happened?

For all we know the experience we have on earth is a simulation that we ourselves or another civilization has created. We may be a program in the simulation with free will or we may have injected our consciousness in to the world from another reality.

Perhaps when you die, your consciousness ejects from the program and you return to the real world where you can load your consciousness in to another virtual world.

If you have a physical body you can live countless lives by injecting in to virtual worlds that were created, and the perception of time may be altered in such a way that you can live out entire lives in the virtual world that feel like many years but in actuality, its only been a few hours or minutes.

Perhaps we are already in the future, and we inject ourselves into these virtual realities that are indistinguishable from reality, and we use them as teaching platforms to grow spiritually.

Instead of school, kindergarten to uni, we use virtual worlds as a teaching mechanism, and we are injected in to different virtual realities in order to aquire knowledge and wisdom.

Who knows!

Last edited:

<{Joewithit}>

I fucked your Mom, your wife/gf, your sister, your daughter, and your dog. In the ass. Without a rubber. And I was not attentive to their needs.

Once I'm dead, are they somehow unfucked by me?

Last edited:
We may be living in a simulation. Look at the graphics and worlds we create now, and think about how much more computing power we will have in the future. Currently we are doubling the computing power every 2 years (moores law), as we shrink the size of the transistor down in the nanoscale.

Even if the rate of progression slowed, and we only progress 10% a year, in 10,000 years, which is nothing on a cosmic scale, we will be creating virtual worlds indistinguishable from our own.

What if you can program the people in that world to have free will? Eventually a person in that world will build a computer, and in time they will create another virtual world inside their own. The pattern continues infinitely until you have countless virtual worlds inside one another.

What are the chances, in an almost infinite number of virtual worlds, that we happened to be in the original, real world? I think im real but how do I really know? The chances are much greater that we are in one of the infinite virtual worlds.

In this world we will eventually create a virtual world within our own, and if we become advanced enough we may be able to alter the rate of time in these virtual worlds. Whats to say this hasnt already happened?

For all we know the experience we have on earth is a simulation that we ourselves or another civilization has created. We may be a program in the simulation with free will or we may have injected our consciousness in to the world from another reality.

Perhaps when you die, your consciousness ejects from the program and you return to the real world where you can load your consciousness in to another virtual world.

If you have a physical body you can live countless lives by injecting in to virtual worlds that were created, and the perception of time may be altered in such a way that you can live out entire lives in the virtual world that feel like many years but in actuality, its only been a few hours or minutes.

Perhaps we are already in the future, and we inject ourselves into these virtual realities that are indistinguishable from reality, and we use them as teaching platforms to grow spiritually.

Instead of school, kindergarten to uni, we use virtual worlds as a teaching mechanism, and we are injected in to different virtual realities in order to aquire knowledge and wisdom.

Who knows!

I want to rent an hour inside your noggin. That's pretty cool.

Anytime I try and think of life, the universe, how it all began.. my head starts to spin.

What a fucking confusing existence we all have. To think that one day, regardless of technology, the climate, spaceships or whatever, there will be no existence for anything within our solar system. And even if we did manage to go beyond that, which is impossible, the universe will eventually die from over expanding and heat death.

Good luck finding a way out of that one fucking nerds.

I think the best thing we can do is hunt all animals into extinction, start WW III and get it over with.

Part of the self-actualization process, as a means of avoiding this nihilistic chasm, is propagating our hard-fought lessons, experiences, and wisdom via our children. Society is an extension of these lessons, starting with fire and crude tools, up to now. Assuming that we avoid the abyss of nihilism, where nothing matters at all (and therefore meaning that all experiences are ultimately a waste), we really have two options: Aggressively pursue learning, self-improvement, and growth so that you have something worthy of passing along to future generations; Or aggressively pursue the education process, passing along your worthy information for the better for future society.

Anytime I try and think of life, the universe, how it all began.. my head starts to spin.

What a fucking confusing existence we all have. To think that one day, regardless of technology, the climate, spaceships or whatever, there will be no existence for anything within our solar system. And even if we did manage to go beyond that, which is impossible, the universe will eventually die from over expanding and heat death.

Good luck finding a way out of that one fucking nerds.
Escape into a parallel universe/ dimension. And who knows? The process of continued expansion of the universe could reverse due to forces we just cannot understand or foresee. It's fun to contemplate these things, even if i do not understand them

Back