Mad respect to RDA for taking the Lawler fight but i just dont see how he wins

Did you not see Lawler beat Cerrone to death ? How is he different ?

I didn't?

That was a really close fight and Lawler clearly lost the second round, during parts of the entire fight he was taking turns winning and getting his ass kicked.

Lawler looks obviously regressed.

I don't think you can take much from the Alvarez fight. RDA was on his deathbed going into that fight. If we want to go off Lawler's win against Cerrone, it's a bad sign for Lawler because RDA punished Cerrone, who fights longer than Lawler, and finished him in the first round. However, I don't think we should be doing MMA math based on those fights.

I really don't know who will win but I feel like this will be an awesome fight and am happy it was booked.

Last edited:
lol you guys doesn't learn right? why you always keep counting RDA out? you did the same when he fought Bendo, Pettis and moved to WW, Robbie is a very beatable fighter and RDA showed he can hang fine at WW, for me Robbie should be the favorites but saying RDA have no chance is ridiculously and honestly I wasn't surprised by Lawler when he fought Cerrone

I didn't?

That was a really close fight and Lawler clearly lost the second round, during parts of the entire fight he was taking turns winning and getting his ass kicked.

Lawler looks obviously regressed.
I seen the same Robbie Lawler that loses early and comes back strong in the third to win the fight. Same Lawler thats showed up in the UFC for his second stint. No idea how he regressed lol.

When was this? I remember there was some back and forth action but cant recall Lawler beating Cerrone down too badly.

Love lawler's style, but I gotta go with RDA here. Don't know how much longer Lawler can hold out, dude's been in too many wars for too long. Also, the Jeremy Stephens ko was a longgg time ago.
Well i suggest you rewatch it. I remember Lawler going ape shit on Cerrone and stealing the fight in the third round.

I seen the same Robbie Lawler that loses early and comes back strong in the third to win the fight. Same Lawler thats showed up in the UFC for his second stint. No idea how he regressed lol.

Going to disagree. Struggling to eek past Cowboy and getting hurt multiple times is a bad sign. Cowboy is essentially the best possible style matchup for him.

I don't think this version of Robbie will be competitive with the best.

Interesting. Several media outlets actually gave Cerrone the win...pretty incredible Lawler didnt get the finish when Cerrone was literally dead.

Going to disagree. Struggling to eek past Cowboy and getting hurt multiple times is a bad sign. Cowboy is essentially the best possible style matchup for him.

I don't think this version of Robbie will be competitive with the best.
How is it lol ? Cerrone was killing everyone left and right not named Masvidal. Guess everyone jumping on the RDA hype train cause he beat Neil Magney.

Last edited:
Lawler is a driving force in the octagon, but he can definitely be beaten. His ground game being one of those areas that a guy like rda can look to exploit. Robbie isn't an easy takedown by anymeans, but it can be done. That being said, I feel like Lawler should definetly be the odds on favorite. RDA needs to be intelligent with his signature aggression, if he uses it right it can wear down lawler, used wrong however and Lawler is just the type of guy who can clip you with something big.

Lawler may retire RDA

It is more likely RDA retires Lawler. It does not mean that it is more likely that RDA will win but if he wins I can see Lawler hiding again...maybe forever. If RDA loses I am pretty sure RDA keeps going.

Hope that makes sense.

Obviously I am pumped for the fight. But on the other hand I really don`t want any of these 2 to lose at this stage.

Lawler's overrated, could argue he lost against Cerrone. He's not the same fighter he was even two years ago. The wars have taken their toll.

Everybody is overrated according to sherbros.

Sounds like you're hating on hobbie, dat shit cray

giphy.gif

He didn't beat Cerrone to death....It was a good fight and a close decision. If anyone beat Cerrone to death, it was RDA lol

Robbie goes into this fight as the rightful favorite I would say, but people are sleeping on RDA.

How is it lol ? Cerrone was killing everyone left and right not named Masvidal. Guess everyone jumping on the RDA hype train cause he beat Neil Magney.

Who is everyone?

Cerrone was knocked out by RDA and chased out of the division. Matt Brown has gone a cartoonish 1-5, somehow thats even possible. Story and Cote are both middling wins.

Masvidal literally laid waste to Cerrone and knocked him out twice.

So both RDA and Masvidal just straight up ran through him. Robbie took him to a close gritty decision, and got his head knocked around in the process.

You are day dreaming if you think that version of Lawyer is the same guy who was champion.

Jesus dude the Stephens fight has absolutely no baring on this fight. How many years ago was that?

Its like bringing up Robbies losses to Tanner or Mayhem.

Back