Mad respect to Michael Johnson: He wants Zabit @ UFC 232

Super easy fight for Zabit. MJ hasn't looked good at FW.

That’s a dangerous fight for zabit but mj hasn’t looked very good at 145
How is Zabit the one its a dangerous fight for? Zabit's bread and butter is his deadly grappling which is Michael's biggest weakness. Plus MJ's power at 145 is nonexistent compared to 155.

What the hell happened to MJ's power?

This is the guy that starched Dustin Poirier with 2 punches but now can't even rock Andre Fili or Artem?
to be fair, no one can rock Artem. That's why Conor keeps him around- a durable skull to beat on.

Say what you want about MJ or his record but he fights a lot of dangerous guys and doesn't back down from a challenge even when he knows he's being potentially brought in as the sacrificial lamb (See Johnson vs. Lobov).

Super respectful, and says thats a fight he would really like even though others are ducking. Says if not Zabit anyone will do, he just wants to stay active.

Good to see him back on track with two in a row and since he does have great wins in the past I think its a good matchup. Shoyld be fun no matter what, still thankful for that war MJ had with Justin. Wonder if Zabit will take it? If not who else would you like to see MJ against?

Sauce: https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/michael-johnson-zabit-magomedsharipov-ufc-232-matchup-featherweight
Thats a great fight

Zabit will have to wrestle, his basic 1-2 plus spinning kick won't work. He'll get pieced up on the feet.

Super respectful, and says thats a fight he would really like even though others are ducking. Says if not Zabit anyone will do, he just wants to stay active.

Good to see him back on track with two in a row and since he does have great wins in the past I think its a good matchup. Shoyld be fun no matter what, still thankful for that war MJ had with Justin. Wonder if Zabit will take it? If not who else would you like to see MJ against?

Sauce: https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/michael-johnson-zabit-magomedsharipov-ufc-232-matchup-featherweight
Shouldn't happen zabit earned a better ranked fighter.
Kattar or burgos be good match, Jury hasn't fought in awhile. Lost of good options just outside the top 15 for him really.
KZ obviously won't be fighting for a long time.

Emmett broke his cheek and orbital, has nerve damage. Multiple surgeries.

Swanson is on a three fight losing streak, dafuq.jpg

Jose Aldo isn't fighting someone that low on the totem-pole

Stephens, this is at least reasonably possible.

Michael Johnson or Yair both make sense, and they would put Zabit in range for a marquee fight against a top ranked opponent if he turns in a dominant win.
Emmet is healed and looking for a Dec or Jan fight.

Zabit will have to wrestle, his basic 1-2 plus spinning kick won't work. He'll get pieced up on the feet.

Zabit gets pierced up on the feet by Michael Johnson?
in what planet?
In what stratosphere?
With which substances?
In what video game?
With which gameplay options?

this is a dumb call out wtf lol he's 3-5 in his last 8 fights, does he want to get cut?

I can definitely see MJ getting the better of him standing with fast combos and pressure but we've seen Zabit can wrestle, especially from the clinch, and he's an incredibly dangerous submission grappler... MJ don't like that submission game much.

What the hell happened to MJ's power?

This is the guy that starched Dustin Poirier with 2 punches but now can't even rock Andre Fili or Artem?

Well, to be fair, he caught Dustin clean and Poirier's chin is nothing special, even if he is a top-notch fighter. Still, yeah, I really figured he'd be able to get Fili outta there and as it turned out he was lucky to scrape by on a decision. Lobov's a cement-head though, and there's no shame in not stopping him.

I think he still packs a whallop, it's just that he's lost enough of a step not to be able to land as cleanly as he did a couple years ago. Or the cut to 145 is tougher on him than he thought it would be.

He just got a robbery decision against the GOAT, but Zabit is very hitable. I say MJ turns him into a woman like he did with El Kookuy.

Didnt Michael learn from that ass beating beatdown of the year he got from the 1st Dagestani he fought?

2 splits in a row, he's probably unhappy with himself and wants to step up

This is all child's play for Zabit. I don't get why they aren't pushing him already. He needs to fight top 10-5 guys so we can really know how good he is.
Let's go Zabit vs
Stephens
Swanson
Aldo
Emmit
KZ
Somebody step the fuck up!
He's hasn't fought anyone of note, let's not get hasty and end up with a Frankie - Yair mismatch. He just squeaked past Bochniak the fight before last. Match him up with maybe Lamas or Elkins, I don't think he's ready for a top 10 opponent yet.

Fight makes total sense. No reason to rush Zabit to a top contender fight. Michael Johnson is an experienced veteran, he will bring the best out of Zabit.
If Zabit wins, he has a lot options. Yair is the obvious one, Lamas/Elkins winner could be another.

Tired of these pointless unranked fights, just give Jeremy Stephens to Zabit damnit what's so hard with that

Shouldn't happen zabit earned a better ranked fighter.
Kattar or burgos be good match, Jury hasn't fought in awhile. Lost of good options just outside the top 15 for him really.

Emmet is healed and looking for a Dec or Jan fight.

Agree with you. Just make Jeremy Stephens vs Zabit and MJ Vs Josh Emmet and have a little F logic for once damn Sean Shelby

Back