" Mad Dog " on Warrior Ethos

im not sure i like the idea of the f35 being shared globally.

as a tax payer i would rather the countries who need the defense capabilities of the f35, fund us militiary in a mercenary capacity as opposed to gaining their own independance to american reliance.

the f35 research and development i would assume is largely if not entirely made possible by the us taxpayer. so to offer the final product to another country is not only a theft of intellectual property of us tax payers, we are allowing independace of allied countries in terms of defense. which comes at a cost to the philosophy of the us constitution.

we should allow more dependance on the us constitution, not enable countries who do not abide by inalienable rights like free speech and self defense.

im all for defending the united kingdom, but they dont swear oaths to what make those defense capabilities possible. the fact that they dont swear oaths to the constitution and then gain the ability to defend something different to it (albiet similar) opens up the door to tyranny.

the sole primary mission of our domestic and foreign policy should be to close the door of tyranny.

F22 shouldn't and isn't but our great allies like UK and Israel should have them. They would never turn against us.

mattis is the human embodiment of the velvet glove and iron fist. as i said before the election, he is the best person on earth for the SoD job

warrior ethos gets ridiculed by a lot of people.

brits dont have "warrior ethos". they just do their job for queen and country.

and also stop acting like im isis, you loon.

OXNAAAAAARD!

He's conflating a warriors ethos with a soldiers ethos.

Last edited:
You're giving him WAY too much credit. Yesterday was the first time he EVER read the term.

"Be polite, be professional; but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

- Mad Dog Mattis

Doesn't matter which side of the isle you're on, you want this type of man as ANY country's Defense Chief.

1blrgm9.jpg

I think my whole point can be summed up as this.

America has the capability of shooting politicians that misuse weapons of great power.

Our allies cant.

Am i totally out of line for hinting at a potential problem here? im not saying i have a great solution.

Its not like these weapons are being given for free, they are being paid for and that money helps the companies to keep improving their weaponry, if you dont want to export them then all the cost is going to end being taken by US taxpayer money and those defense contracts will be taken by other countries.

warrior ethos gets ridiculed by a lot of people.
Not in America. If there is one thing we obsessively glorify, this is it.

I actually wish a few more people would ridicule the warrior ethos. Maybe we wouldn't get into so many wars.

Its not like these weapons are being given for free, they are being paid for and that money helps the companies to keep improving their weaponry, if you dont want to export them then all the cost is going to end being taken by US taxpayer money and those defense contracts will be taken by other countries.
The problem is the ability for contractors to participate with other countries as you stated.

If contractors are ALWAYS allowed to participate with other countries, there will ALWAYS be a threat to the philosophy of our constitution,

and if there is ALWAYS athreat to our constitution, there will ALWAYS be a need to spend money on defense.

There is a never ending feedback loop of defense spending due to lockheed (for example) having the ability to send hardware to competing ideologies.

A never ending feedback loop will end up to where there is so much noise of warpower in the future, that the inevitable error of application of defense will result in extremely destructive consequences worldwide as opposed to an isolated area.

The problem is the ability for contractors to participate with other countries as you stated.

If contractors are ALWAYS allowed to participate with other countries, there will ALWAYS be a threat to the philosophy of our constitution,

and if there is ALWAYS athreat to our constitution, there will ALWAYS be a need to spend money on defense.

There is a never ending feedback loop of defense spending due to lockheed (for example) having the ability to send hardware to competing ideologies.

A never ending feedback loop will end up to where there is so much noise of warpower in the future, that the inevitable error of application of defense will result in extremely destructive consequences worldwide as opposed to an isolated area.

You talk as if all weapons manufacturers were in the US.

If the US didnt sold any kind of weaponry then other companies would get these contracts and use that money to fund their own projects, meanwhile the US companies would be forced to charge more to the US to make up for R&D costs.

Not in America. If there is one thing we obsessively glorify, this is it.

I actually wish a few more people would ridicule the warrior ethos. Maybe we wouldn't get into so many wars.

So you have no idea what the Warrior Ethos is then? Got it. Your Budo is weak if not non-existent.

You talk as if all weapons manufacturers were in the US.

If the US didnt sold any kind of weaponry then other companies would get these contracts and use that money to fund their own projects, meanwhile the US companies would be forced to charge more to the US to make up for R&D costs.
Im saying there is going to come a point where competing ideologies defense production is going to have to be targeted for destruction.

Irans ability to create a nuclear bomb is a recent example of that production ability being targeted.

While iran has a philosophy that is readily in conflict with western ideals, its easy to see the nessecity of targeting their defense capabilities.

While our allies have similar beliefs, they are still different. and because they are different that comes at a small but clear danger to the beliefs of the constitution.

If there is absolutely no reason to EVER worry about our allies beliefs coming into conflict with our own, then we should give them the access to our own nuclear codes, as well as their own ability to produce nukes.

Because this level of destruction is what the military industrial complex is pointing toward.

So you have no idea what the Warrior Ethos is then? Got it. Your Budo is weak if not non-existent.
I know what warrior ethos is. I believe it strongly. I was being facetious in my previous posts.
I actually planned on enlisting in the JAG program to become a marine corps lawyer when I was in college. Then it became clear that we were going to knock over Iraq on phony WMD charges, and my plans changed.
As General Eisenhower warned, since WW2 the military has become the industrial/corporate/military complex. You've got to build big, expensive shit to bomb people. War is too profitable to be trusted.
But I have nothing against fighting to protect the weak and vulnerable. It's one of the highest callings of manhood. The problem is, we have 18 year old kids joining the military thinking they are going to do that, but instead they get sent on some fool's errand to double the price of Halliburton stock.

Last edited:
Back