Mackenzie Dern discusses her decision to stay at Strawweight

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.lowkickmma.com/mackenzi...tay-at-strawweight-despite-weight-cut-issues/

”Everyone here agrees I have a body type that fits at strawweight, in the category that I am, so the plan is to continue in it. But we want to diet and train so that I do not have to cut so much weight, I’ll cut very little. After the fight, I will not go up that much.

Regardless of what will be decided on the weigh-in, whether or not it will return for the afternoon, it will not change my situation much, because, the way they want me to be the best possible athlete, it will be a very quiet thing.

I’m learning here every day, every day I learn something different from my body that I did not even know, things that get in the way of my cut, that I had difficulty due to the way I cut. Now that I’m working with the UFC, I’m going to come back here every four weeks, take the tests to see how my body is reacting. But otherwise my workout will continue normal.

R3utISI.png

can't believe the UFC isn't making her move up.

She is too fat to make 115 if she indeed is 5 feet 3 inches.

My wife has less fat than her and she hasn't weighed 115 in 10 years.

You sure that quote is from her? It seems better structured than what she says when she talks.

So she has learned nothing

https://www.lowkickmma.com/mackenzi...tay-at-strawweight-despite-weight-cut-issues/

”Everyone here agrees I have a body type that fits at strawweight, in the category that I am, so the plan is to continue in it. But we want to diet and train so that I do not have to cut so much weight, I’ll cut very little. After the fight, I will not go up that much.

Regardless of what will be decided on the weigh-in, whether or not it will return for the afternoon, it will not change my situation much, because, the way they want me to be the best possible athlete, it will be a very quiet thing.

I’m learning here every day, every day I learn something different from my body that I did not even know, things that get in the way of my cut, that I had difficulty due to the way I cut. Now that I’m working with the UFC, I’m going to come back here every four weeks, take the tests to see how my body is reacting. But otherwise my workout will continue normal.

R3utISI.png

If her dad was just a normal looking guy, like if her dad was Chael Sonnen.… McKenzie would be so hot.

Hit the gym… and put in extra cardio. Plus... we need more pictures just to be sure...

Sounds like someone is in denial and her coaches are cashing in.

Well, she didnt fought at SW the last time we watched her fight...

Why isnt the UFC forcing her to move up yet?? I get that she has some sort of a following, it isnt like the level of competition will be much different.

”Everyone here agrees I have a body type that fits at strawweight, in the category that I am, so the plan is to continue in it. But we want to diet and train so that I do not have to cut so much weight,

so basically they said she is fat and lazy

She won't have any weight cut issues if she just gets disciplined about her diet. It's not like she has a huge frame for the division, she just lets herself go. I would hope she's on her last strike as far as weight goes, though.

Watch her lose her next fight if she makes weight. A fat body can't take suddenly getting in shape. Her body will rebel against her.

Back