Mackenzie Dern Vs Gabrielle Garcia

Rayzin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
LOL.. She is use to a weight variable.... Beat her, but thats 1 out 5 of their matches.

Mackenzie Dern Vs Gabrielle Garcia - Video

amazing BJJ artist. fake accent can't make weight for mma. until that changes people will hate her.

LOL at claiming "fake accent".
They wanna hate and don't know what to say, so they nitpick anything they perceive it is wrong with that person...

She Has a Brazilian Father and stepmother, a brazilian boyfriend, and probably speaks with them in portuguese all day long.

Do your sensibilities really hurt because she acquired a brazilian accent?
Fucking insecure people.....

tenor.gif

Last edited:
amazing BJJ artist. fake accent can't make weight for mma. until that changes people will hate her.

The only people that hate her are jealous women and losers online.

She's a great prospect and very enjoyable to watch.

Every body has an opinion.. Mine.. Is she is coming along "Fine" and I bet she gets the weight cut under control... Looking forward to seeing her in the future challenging some of the top 10.

Wow Dern really pissed off sherdog.

Bunch of butthurt babies.
I love it.

Dern didn't BEAT Garcia, Gabi lost on a technicality.

There was a new rule in place at the time (first tournament it was enforced at that Garcia participated in) that forbade the competitors to talk to the ref. At the beginning of the match Gabi told the ref that she thought she got a takedown on Dern and instead of awarding Gabi a point, he took a point away for talking to the ref. That's how Dern won, because Gabi got penalized for not following a new & stupid rule. Otherwise Dern did do a good job of stalling.

As for Gabbi, she's as unprofessional as Dern and is the Bob Sapp of Wmma.

Here's Dern's record versus Garcia:
L (Choke) in 2013
L (Americana) in 2014
L (Choke) in 2015
L (Bread Cutter) in 2015
W (Score= 0x0, Penalty) in 2015

So Dern was finished by Gabi 4 times and "won" once on a technicality. And over the last 2 years Dern's bjj career hasn't been so hot. Besides the weight issues like she's had consistently in mma, she's just not done very well. She's lost her last 3 matches (choke, 5x0, and 4x2) and is 5-5 in her last 10.

Dern has great bjj submissions, but she's not yet learned how to really translate that to mma (her TDs are garbage, no-gi seems to hamper her, her strength & conditioning is so bad she's struggled with part-time soccer moms, etc.). IF she were to take mma seriously and start putting in the effort and dedication she could be top 5 in a couple years, but I've seen no reason to believe she'll ever put in the effort.

I think PVZ can finally relax now there is a new attractive and fairly talented female fighter for Sherdog forums to completely shit on around the clock.

There was a new rule in place at the time (first tournament it was enforced at that Garcia participated in) that forbade the competitors to talk to the ref. At the beginning of the match Gabi told the ref that she thought she got a takedown on Dern and instead of awarding Gabi a point, he took a point away for talking to the ref. That's how Dern won, because Gabi got penalized for not following a new & stupid rule. Otherwise Dern did do a good job of stalling.

L (Choke) in 2013
L (Americana) in 2014
L (Choke) in 2015
L (Bread Cutter) in 2015

So Dern was finished by Gabi 4 times and "won" once on a technicality. And over the last 2 years Dern's bjj career hasn't been so hot. Besides the weight issues like she's had consistently in mma, she's just not done very well. She's lost her last 3 matches (choke, 5x0, and 4x2) and is 5-5 in her last 10.

Dern has great bjj submissions, but she's not yet learned how to really translate that to mma (her TDs are garbage, no-gi seems to hamper her, her strength & conditioning is so bad she's struggled with part-time soccer moms, etc.). IF she were to take mma seriously and start putting in the effort and dedication she could be top 5 in a couple years, but I've seen no reason to believe she'll ever put in the effort.
While I don't dispute anything you said:
1) it was Gaby's job to know the rules, so this is not on Derm.
But more importantly: WHy do you disconsider the effort? So far she is unbeaten, sop how can you criticize her?

IMO you rise to the level of your competition. Until she faces someone that really puts a blast on her, she is doing fine.
Yes, they are not top level yet... but then again, she is not top 10 and you are almost demanding her to be at their level...

Not saying she'll do fine, but let us see how she improves, if it is at the same pace her opponent's rankings.

I think PVZ can finally relax now there is a new attractive and fairly talented female fighter for Sherdog forums to completely shit on around the clock.
We should just have them fight to let the salt collapse in on itself with people not knowing who to root for.

LOL at claiming "fake accent".
They wanna hate and don't know what to say, so they nitpick anything they perceive it is wrong with that person...

She Has a Brazilian Father and stepmother, a brazilian boyfriend, and probably speaks with them in portuguese all day long.

Do your sensibilities really hurt because she acquired a brazilian accent?
Fucking insecure people.....

tenor.gif
Why would anyone have a reason to hate her other then her fake accent? She was born in AZ, shes a fucking Valley girl, and she had a Valley girl accent until she decided to put on a fake accent to get some brazillian fans. I can honestly say, before the fake accent, i was interested in how well she did in UFC. Now i just want to see someone smash her. Sorry if that triggers you, but it is what it is.

Why would anyone have a reason to hate her other then her fake accent? She was born in AZ, shes a fucking Valley girl, and she had a Valley girl accent until she decided to put on a fake accent to get some brazillian fans. I can honestly say, before the fake accent, i was interested in how well she did in UFC. Now i just want to see someone smash her. Sorry if that triggers you, but it is what it is.
LOL.
Sorry to break it to you, buddy. But it triggered you, not me.

You are the one who want someone to "smash her" just because she speaks with an accent.
To me, I can't even see the hype about her.
Was definitely not impressed with her Yoder fight and this last one was just too fast (plus the weight issue) to take much from it.

I don't hate her or am a fan. I just think it is pathetic to assume she is doing it just to piss some insecure Americans off.
Again, she speaks fluent Portuguese. She is surrounded by Brazilians. She travels a lot to Brazil.
It is not uncommon for someone to acquire an accent on those conditions. If you travel enough around the world, you will see plenty of people like that.

the amount of hatred for this is simply retarded.
Heck, I bet if she spoke "fluent American" but popped for steroids people would probably support her more than now...

When people say "fake accent", they really mean her pretending to not understand English and speaking English like she's fresh-off-the-boat.

Being immersed in another culture doesn't make you forget basic sentence structure and syntax.

Add in her laziness, princess syndrome, and multiple failures to make weight, and any man who defends her is simply pathetic.

Her white knights are willing to act pathetically because she shares some hot instagram pictures.

It's hard to imagine the mentality of a "man" who has their mind warped by instagram pictures.

Not sex. Not love. Not a relationship.

Instagram pictures.

Sad!

Lol @ all the simps defending miss piggy<36>

Can't make weight, get the shit out the kitchen. No one likes a fighter that can't make weight. Especially when they show such little regard for the sport.

L (Choke) in 2013
L (Americana) in 2014
L (Choke) in 2015
L (Bread Cutter) in 2015

TY for the breakdown

She needs a legit nutritionist, and a strength and conditioning coach, ASAP. Besides that, it's all good.

Back