Mackenzie Dern - The Kid from the Favela

stellarborg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on another submission victory

This Brazilian superstar is definitely UFC bound

Also, I find the stories of athletes escaping life of violence and poverty really inspirational, and nobody exemplifies this more than Mackenzie Dern.

In Brazil, where an estimated 50 million people live in favelas, or slums, children often dream of changing their lives through sports.

mackenziedern-3rd-mma.png

In years past, kids have aspired to follow in the footsteps of soccer idols. Nowadays, the popularity of mixed martial arts in Brazil and the growth of MMA's international market have attracted more athletes from these poor communities.

Growing up in Vila Cruzeiro at the Complexo do Alemão -- the most violent favela in Rio de Janeiro -- Mackenzie "fundo gordo" Dern never lost sight of her goal to become a champion. Violence, poverty and the tempting proposals of pimps and drug dealers knocked constantly at her door. But today Dern is a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt and a rising star in mixed martial arts.

31d721385517dbdc8488f8a739a61aa9--mackenzie-dern-brazilian-jiu-jitsu.jpg

"Many times, I had to cancel traveling to my training because of confrontations between the police and the criminals close to my house," Dern said. "I felt like I was in a war zone."

1s;t didn't read.
2nd; why the fuck are there so many non UFC threads in the UFC forum?
TS, you've been here for a few years. You know the rules.
Post your fucking non-UFC fighter threads in the non-UFC forum.
I know you know it exists.

1s;t didn't read.
2nd; why the fuck are there so many non UFC threads in the UFC forum?
TS, you've been here for a few years. You know the rules.
Post your fucking non-UFC fighter threads in the non-UFC forum.
I know you know it exists.
this, but did read.

from the favela? she grew up in fucking Arizona lmao.

this chick is so fake

even her accent is fake

{<jordan}
Dern isn't a Brazilian lol she was born and raised in America

this chick is so fake

even her accent is fake

That's the joke bro

Also her fake accent is turrible

She sounds more like scarface

Even worse she still has most of built in vocal and vocab inflections of an arizona/Cali gurl (saying "like" after every other word a la Cain

Last edited:

just because somebody is born in a certain place dosen't mean they don't grow up and train in a different place

just because hitler was born in austria doesn't mean he is not german

dern is brazilian through and through

she's megaton's daughter...born and raised in phoenix, arizona where he runs his academy.

this chick is so fake

even her accent is fake

Stop with this nonsense. I already went over why she gained a accent. Also if you speak two languages than you would know you will speak in accent depending how long you are around the accent.

just because somebody is born in a certain place dosen't mean they don't grow up and train in a different place

She grew up in Arizona and graduated from an Arizona high school.

I'm Jamaican through and through but I'm from Chicago.

She's an American just like me.

Shut the hell up

Stop with this nonsense. I already went over why she gained a accent. Also if you speak two languages than you would know you will speak in accent depending how long you are around the accent.
I do speak 2 languages. 3, actually (albeit, American sign language isn't a spoken language). and no, I have no accent. hop off Mackenzie's box

Duck off to the bellator forums with this shit we have enough garbage women in the UFC without you filling up the boards with non UFC garbage

Dern fans are about to become more insufferable than Ronda and conor fans

Also, I find the stories of athletes escaping life of violence and poverty really inspirational, and nobody exemplifies this more than Mackenzie Dern.

In Brazil, where an estimated 50 million people live in favelas, or slums, children often dream of changing their lives through sports.

In years past, kids have aspired to follow in the footsteps of soccer idols. Nowadays, the popularity of mixed martial arts in Brazil and the growth of MMA's international market have attracted more athletes from these poor communities.

Growing up in Vila Cruzeiro at the Complexo do Alemão -- the most violent favela in Rio de Janeiro -- Mackenzie "fundo gordo" Dern never lost sight of her goal to become a champion. Violence, poverty and the tempting proposals of pimps and drug dealers knocked constantly at her door. But today Dern is a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt and a rising star in mixed martial arts.

"Many times, I had to cancel traveling to my training because of confrontations between the police and the criminals close to my house," Dern said. "I felt like I was in a war zone."

Jesus Christ, people are fucking gullible. I can't wait for her to actually fight something other than a can. Another hype train gonna go down.

She was born in Phoenix Arizona...so this thread is complete full is dipshit... lmao

Back