Mackenzie Dern returns at LFA 6 | San Antonio, TX (Friday, March 10th)

She's a 125 pounder who can't fight in that class because the UFC doesn't offer it. Obviously she needs to make the weight she agreed to, but this creates a difficult and potentially dangerous issue for her as it has for countless female figters before her. http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/after-...-hospitalized-warns-of-weight-cutting-dangers

I can tell you with confidence, from looking at her at weigh-ins, she is in 0 danger cutting to 115. She has the look of somebody who is extremely undisciplined in their diet and preparation; she is only 5 foot 3 for god sake. This "I can get by because I am so much more naturally talented" mentality is the same thing that got BJ in trouble at times in his career. You have stated previously she has no choice. That is patently untrue. Her other choice is DONT BE A GODDAMN FIGHTER. If you want to be a professional, you fulfill the obligations of the contract you freely signed. I have competed in two different weight classes as a fighter (170 and 155), and could make a third (145) if I was more disciplined on my diet year round instead of only in camp; I am an amateur and take my word that I will appear and weigh a certain amount a lot more seriously than some pro fighters, Dern included. It pisses me off when apologists make excuses for professional fighters. If you cannot make the weight (and I assure you she can, look at the pictures posted previously and tell me she doesn't have fat she can lose), do not sign a contract contingent on you weighing that amount at fight time. Be an adult, take responsibility of your career and fulfill your contractual obligations. That is it, there is no argument to be made about it.

i think the issue here is that her opponents accept this shit, so she just keeps smiling and coming in overweight. if three consecutive fights got cancelled because she couldn't lay off the twinkies, she might get her shit straight.

personally, i'd demand the entire purse of an opponent who couldn't make weight, or the fight is off. fuck off with this 6lbs over bullshit. it's not accidental.

i think the issue here is that her opponents accept this shit, so she just keeps smiling and coming in overweight. if three consecutive fights got cancelled because she couldn't lay off the twinkies, she might get her shit straight.

personally, i'd demand the entire purse of an opponent who couldn't make weight, or the fight is off. fuck off with this 6lbs over bullshit. it's not accidental.

They had to change it to a catch weight because the majority of commissions will not even let the fight take place unless you are within five pounds of your opponent

Exactly, I would understand if my opponent was really fucked up and at least tried to made weight, but it seems like she doesn't even try anymore...

They had to change it to a catch weight because the majority of commissions will not even let the fight take place unless you are within five pounds of your opponent
i know, and that's the problem. the opponent agreed to move this to 120, when she should've told her to fuck right off.

It hasn't happened to me yet, but I wouldn't just accept "oh well, they missed weight. So you still want to fight?". I would tell the promoter "you're goddamn right I want them to keep cutting to make the weight". Then I could watch them suffer in the sauna while I sat ouside watching them be miserable while I drank Gatorade. It is a slap in the face to your opponent when you miss, it shows you are not taking the fight serious.

Succubi are naturally impressionable as they lack agency and hence will naturally adopt whatever the customs or habits are of the men they're around.

this response was gold! Succubi!!

Back