Mackenzie Dern returns at LFA 6 | San Antonio, TX (Friday, March 10th)

when you spend a lot of time talking to people with shitty english, your own english will deteriorate. and i don't mean to the point where you can't speak properly anymore, but it will take some effort.

i'm not in an english speaking country, had a brazillian coach here who couldn't understand shit if you didn't speak in broken english, i can guarantee you this can actually happen. my whole team used to joke around that he broke our english, because we all started talking like idiots. i imagine it's 10 times worse if you have to talk to everyone like that. and if i'm not mistaking, english is actually not her first language? i think she said that somewhere.

i understand it annoys you native speakers, and she probably should make an effort and speak normally, but i also understand how she can get a bit lazy and let it go way too far.

i thought she did pretty well, would've liked to have seen a finish against her trash heap opponent but that's okay. her striking looked much better.

the judge who scored it 29-28 should never judge again.

when she can make weight

In her defense, there are realistically only two weight classes for a WMMA fighter, 115 and 135, especially for a marketable prospect like Dern. So, it's not as simple as you make it seem.

In her defense, there are realistically only two weight classes for a WMMA fighter, 115 and 135, especially for a marketable prospect like Dern. So, it's not as simple as you make it seem.

You pick a class, and beef up, or lose weight gradually to make the other one a permanent home.

It's extremely simple. She showed up 7 lbs over and soft. If she had visible abs and sunken cheeks, you'd have a point, but she simply wasn't disciplined with her diet. And it wasn't her first time.

It's extremely simple. She showed up 7 lbs over and soft. If she had visible abs and sunken cheeks, you'd have a point, but she simply wasn't disciplined with her diet. And it wasn't her first time.
Exactly...until she gets her shit together you can't consider her anything

what? i had no idea she missed weight.

damn, that sucks.

Wait, she missed weight again? WTF

She looked thicker than a bowl of oatmeal

There is no defense, in the state she showed up a the weights in, it wasn't a matter of cutting weight, it was a matter of stop eating mcdonalds. She's having problems with her diet, she's getting fatter and fatter every fight, and it's not just a matter of making weight, her looks is. A big part of her marketing, she loses that and there goes a big motivation for the ufc to sign her, not to mention she's isn't exactly runnig through her crappy competitor either....which she should...

Dern-Weigh-ins.jpg

i wouldn't exactly call her fat. i mean come on, who wouldn't plow that?

but she stepped on the scale doughy as fuck, if she was struggling to make weight, she wasn't showing it. i don't understand how you can train like a pro fighter, but can't mind your diet. it's not that difficult to eat clean food, of all the sacrifices to make when training for a fight, that has to be the easiest one.

There is no defense, in the state she showed up a the weights in, it wasn't a matter of cutting weight, it was a matter of stop eating mcdonalds. She's having problems with her diet, she's getting fatter and fatter every fight, and it's not just a matter of making weight, her looks is. A big part of her marketing, she loses that and there goes a big motivation for the ufc to sign her, not to mention she's isn't exactly runnig through her crappy competitor either....which she should...

She's a 125 pounder who can't fight in that class because the UFC doesn't offer it. Obviously she needs to make the weight she agreed to, but this creates a difficult and potentially dangerous issue for her as it has for countless female figters before her. http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/after-...-hospitalized-warns-of-weight-cutting-dangers

She's a 125 pounder who can't fight in that class because the UFC doesn't offer it. Obviously she needs to make the weight she agreed to, but this creates a difficult and potentially dangerous issue for her as it has for countless female figters before her. http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/after-...-hospitalized-warns-of-weight-cutting-dangers

did you see her in any type of danger of making 115? dude she had at least 5 kilos extra fat, it was not a matter of cutting weight, it was a matter of stop eating like is christmas...

As far as I'm concerned Mackenzie is smokin'!!! But she did look thick for the weigh-ins. She is just not disciplined with her diet. If she looked hard then I'd understand her having difficulty losing those last few lbs but, she was squishy.

Back