MacKenzie Dern now with Invicta

Medeiros isn't great, but she's the first real puncher Dern has come across. We found out Dern can go fifteen, and not fall apart in a fight. Now time to find out if she can fight someone athletic & experienced and do the same.

Last edited:
Fighting at 115? Like I said in the wmma thread, 23 days and counting until she misses weight.

Good move going to Invicta to pick up a few more wins before moving to UFC but fighting at 115 again? Why? Unless she's slimmed down her frame and got rid of some of jiggle to make her cut easier this seems like the wrong move.

Maybe its about a title? I dont know. FLy in Invicta still has Maia, Porto and that Polish chick.

115 doesnt have Hill anymore and also Souza signed with UFC so 115 looks to be a much clearer and easier path towards a title and that could be what she wants.

unfortunately, will most likely miss weight.

She mentioned on MMA Hour that she knows Sijara Eubanks all too well from Bjj and knows she will get crunched at Flyweight down the line if she sticks with that weight class so she is making an extra effort at making weight for Strawweight. Lets see if she can do it.

--
She may have spoiled some of TUF 26 to a degree too. Another topic I won't get into here.

She looks heavier than ever, and constantly posting donut eating vids...not holding my breath for this 115 BS.

Is it really a buck 15? Junkie article says FLW.

Should be at SW. She's only 5'3". But she was not weighing in for BJJ tournaments and doing openweight where she weighed over 150.

Medeiros isn't great, but she's the first real puncher Dern has come across. We found out Dern can go fifteen, and not fall apart in a fight. Now time to find out if she can fight someone athletic & experienced and do the same.
Kaline reminds me of Jessica Andrade a bit, but she's even more prone to chasing, and she's obviously smaller and less athletic. I can't help but feel she's gonna charge at Dern, and go for an ill advised takedown.
Is it really a buck 15? Junkie article says FLW.

Should be at SW. She's only 5'3". But she was not weighing in for BJJ tournaments and doing openweight where she weighed over 150.
While I don't think Dern should be allowed to take fights at 115, she doesn't have much of a choice. Unlike Bellator's 125 division which is full of girls ranging from 5'2" - 5'6", the UFC's 125 division has big strong athletic women. Dern won't be able to take them down at 125.!

The UFC owns neither Invicta nor LFA, although they do work with them both closely in different ways.
I think he is implying that they pay her like they did with Cyborg. I haven't heard that though.

Back