Mackenzie Dern...How do you think she is going to do in the UFC?

I dont care. I just wanna see her ass and boobs shake. If she turns out to be a good fighter I'll like her for that too.

Maybe in the clinch but single or double leg?

The single leg was Maia's specialty, other than his trips in the clinch as you already mentioned.

Look at all the single legs in that video.

A few gifs if you don't feel like watching the video

maiafitchsingleleg1.gif

BLEzkn.gif

mQXBvp.gif

She'll be marketed heavily, and given easy fights in which she'll win and jump way up the rankings very fast, until she fights actual top ten fighters, when she gets destroyed. Just like PVZ and Calvillo.
<JerryWWF>

They went up to higher thanking fast due to their own reasons. PVZ obviously was pushed for her look and Calvillo was winning fights in a dominating fashion.

Again, your choice of comparison is odd.

As a maia fan, that's actually an insult to Maia's stand up game. I do hope that Dern takes the maia route, though, and focuses on wrestling in order to enhance her BJJ. She's only 24 years old—get that girl some good wrestle trainers, focus on the basics of striking, and she'll be a beast within a few years.

I truly don't think her camp will handle her correctly, though.

Oh, that's right, I forgot; K-1 Maia is for real and pieced up Covington on the feet in round 1!
However, relative to their respective divisions, their standup games are comparable.

You say that like Maia had great takedowns

He doesn't, it's just that Dern's takedowns are so shitty that it makes him look like GSP in comparison. Maia at least knows how to shoot a single or grab a clinch and drag the guy off the fence to complete a takedown, Dern still doesn't know what grips are and thinks that pushing the opponent into the fence will somehow make them fall down.

I think she'll do better than what people think, thought she'd fight at 125 though. Way less competition and she's struggled with 115lb in the past.

Oh, that's right, I forgot; K-1 Maia is for real and pieced up Covington on the feet in round 1!
However, relative to their respective divisions, their standup games are comparable.

He doesn't, it's just that Dern's takedowns are so shitty that it makes him look like GSP in comparison. Maia at least knows how to grab a clinch and drag the guy off the fence to complete a takedown, Dern still doesn't know what grips are and thinks that pushing the opponent into the fence will somehow make them fall down.

I respect your posts man, but no, even relative to their respective divisions, they are not comparable. Maia has stood on the feet with champs/former champs Anderson Silva, chris weidman, and Woodley; and he's spent majority of fights on the feet with other top 10 guys (at the time) in rory and munoz.

Did he lose the striking in those fights? of course, but he hung in there just fine.

Dern has shown nothing even remotely similar in her respective division. When I see Dern go 5 rounds with rose or JJ or KK or Torres on the feet, or better yet, stand with all of them— then we can talk similarities.

I get that your comparison was just at a basic level though. I was only nitpicking because I'm a maia fan.

<JerryWWF>

They went up to higher thanking fast due to their own reasons. PVZ obviously was pushed for her look and Calvillo was winning fights in a dominating fashion.

Calvillo went from number 14 to number 8 after winning a lackluster decision. She was being pushed.

Dern might be good at BJJ, but she's average to below average everywhere else. If she wins a few low level fights, she'll jump up the rankings as well. UFC is already waiting to put the hype machine behind her.

<JerryWWF>

To bad PAIGE didnt stick around SW. VanZant vs Dern would have been fun. Either getting a win would be a win for the UFC

She's got the ground game, but she's got to get it there. That crappy head and arm hip toss so popular at 115 isn't going to cut it against the top.

I think Herrig vs Dern would be a great fight.

She'll miss weight and mediocre overall. But I'd hit it in a whole different way
Then 125 division is there too. Then she can fight Paige, Eye, lots of easy wins there......until she visits Shevchenko CITY

The single leg was Maia's specialty, other than his trips in the clinch as you already mentioned.

Look at all the single legs in that video.

A few gifs if you don't feel like watching the video

maiafitchsingleleg1.gif

BLEzkn.gif

mQXBvp.gif

Hmm, you make an interesting point, I guess my statement on the matter is void.

He doesn't, it's just that Dern's takedowns are so shitty that it makes him look like GSP in comparison. Maia at least knows how to shoot a single or grab a clinch and drag the guy off the fence to complete a takedown, Dern still doesn't know what grips are and thinks that pushing the opponent into the fence will somehow make them fall down.
What team does she train with?

Back