Machida gave six fighters their first loss before winning the belt.

Shep Proudfoot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bonnar, Franklin, Heath, Nakamura, Silva, Evans can all thank Lyoto for their first loss.

When Sokoudjou came to the UFC, no one wanted to fight him because he was coming off of two quick, devestaing, wins in PRIDE against Nog and Arona. Lyoto make him look like a child on the ground. !
When he defeated Shogun, his record was 16-0. What a record.
Legend.

He has also beaten a UFC champion in every weight class from LW to HW.

Sokoudjou had already lost to Glover by ko by the time he fought Machida

Bonnar, Franklin, Heath, Nakamura, Sokoudjou, Silva, Evans can all thank Lyoto for their first loss.

When Sokoudjou came to the UFC, no one wanted to fight him because he was coming off of two quick, devestaing, wins in PRIDE against Nog and Arona. Lyoto make him look like a child on the ground. !
Legend.
Nakamura?

CIUasW6UcAAVDgW.jpg

Lyoto Machida got brutally finished in his first and third losses<JonesLaugh>

Bonnar, Franklin, Heath, Nakamura, Silva, Evans can all thank Lyoto for their first loss.

Legend.
and shogun gave machida his first loss

war shogun!

machida is a legend for sure. no matter how his career ends, he should have a place in the UFC hall of fame just based off what he's accomplished and his fighting style.

machida layed the ground work for fighters like stephen thompson.

Off topic but I flipped my shit and almost went batshit crazy when Tito got that triangle on him. I thought Tito was about to pull that W out of his ass.

Off topic but I flipped my shit and almost went batshit crazy when Tito got that triangle on him. I thought Tito was about to pull that W out of his ass.
That's dug up a memory, how crazy would that have been?

That's dug up a memory, how crazy would that have been?
DW would have been ultra pissed. Machida would have been in the dog house. Bader never recovered from the arm in guillotine that Tito subbed him with.

I mean DW let Bonnar out of his contract just so he could go to Bellator and try and beat up Tito.

Back