Macfarlane vs Lara Flyweight Title Fight Set For Bellator 201 Main Event

Letourneau is not the big name on the card, Macfarlane is.

Only on this forum. If you ask on the UFC forum, which has significantly more mma fans, Letourneau would be the bigger name.

Only on this forum. If you ask on the UFC forum, which has significantly more mma fans, Letourneau would be the bigger name.
You mean the board for retards who barely even follow the UFC? Most of them won’t know Letourneau, either. Most of them don’t even know Bellator.

I live 15 minutes from the Pechanga so I don't mind if more events come here. A lot of huge venues are hosted there.

Headlining with WMMA won't sell tickets, nor rate well. USADA should test Coker if he thinks this is rating well

Headlining with WMMA won't sell tickets, nor rate well. USADA should test Coker if he thinks this is rating well
Women tend to do better when headlining on TV, instead of PPV. Also keep in mind that Paramount is more women friendly than SPIKE was, so it could draw in some new viewers.

Women tend to do better when headlining on TV, instead of PPV. Also keep in mind that Paramount is more women friendly than SPIKE was, so it could draw in some new viewers.
This isn't Rousey or someone. Who gives up their time for WMMA?

I think I can count the good chick fights on one hand -
Gadhela x JJ 2, Tate x Holm for the last minute sub finish, Rose x JJ 1 (can't remember 2), Holm x Rousey. Probably missing 1, or 2 but out of hundreds that's a low strike rate. WMMA is bad and is not headline worthy if you want eyeballs. People will just switch off early (half the crowd left after Lesnar v Hunt at 200)

I think I can count the good chick fights on one hand -
Gadhela x JJ 2, Tate x Holm for the last minute sub finish, Rose x JJ 1 (can't remember 2), Holm x Rousey. Probably missing 1, or 2 but out of hundreds that's a low strike rate. WMMA is bad and is not headline worthy if you want eyeballs. People will just switch off early (half the crowd left after Lesnar v Hunt at 200)
Wow, just shows that you know absolutely nothing of which you speak. Go look up Fox and FS1 ratings for when women headlined.

Let's put it this way: Sherdog and the opinions of people here do not represent the real world at all.

LGeCOcO.jpg

Ruth and Fortune should both be on the main card imo. Bellator is trying to push them as hyped prospects, yet they put them on paramount.com.

Last edited:
Ruth for sure fortune not so much he is still evolving.

Both guys are still moving up but Ruth is evolving much faster.

Letourneau is not the big name on the card, Macfarlane is.
Fighting for a ufc title > than winning a bellator one. Letourneau v Williams is going to be way more exciting than the main event.

Fighting for a ufc title > than winning a bellator one. Letourneau v Williams is going to be way more exciting than the main event.
Letourneau’s title fight was several years ago, and largely forgotten. MacFarlane is Bellator’s homegrown name.

Also, Williams vs Letourneau is hardly guaranteed excitement, unless you hate ground work, in which case you should just watch kickboxing.

Back