Mac and Cheese...wtf is the appeal?

So this is just a basic meal, that i have tried once, but i find it amazing that Americans think this is some holy grail of food when it just combines a few basic ingrediants into a dish.

Is it just poor Americans who do this?

Irs actually a ready meal where i come from and i dont think i have ever seen anyone other than me eat it
It has a long history here Thomas Jefferson had it in Paris and Northern Italy and fell in love with it. There's the baked kind which is decent then there's the stove top kind that's meh it's just an easy to make comfort food. I might order it as a side if all the other sides are shit but really don't care for it had too much mac and cheese with hotdogs as a kid.

Hmmm.. all these times eating baked mac n cheese made in Canada by white people I didn't realize I was eating Southern African American cuisine...
it's not. Basically and english adaptation of the southern italian pasta casserole.

Kinda want to ban for this post tbh

Yeah it's another American delight just like the pancakes that I just don't get

I couldn't think of anything blander and more boring if I tryed and I was criticising British food on here the other day for being bland

It's just a calorific mess that I have to drown in Tabasco to stand a chance with

PASS

I really don't mind the boxed stuff. When I was a poor student, I could feed myself for a couple days on a 1 dollar box of shells and "cheese", so even the worst kind of mac and cheese has been good to me.

At home though, growing up, my mother made it with bechamel base, a few different types of cheese and some diced tomatoes mixed in sparingly. Given endless supply, I could probably eat myself to death on that stuff before stopping.

"Holy Grail"...LOL.

It's just cheap, easy to make, and tastes good. It goes with just about everything too. Eat it as a side, eat as a meal, eat it hot, eat it cold...

It's a good, durable food. It's like a bench player that can play any position adequately.

Mac and cheese tastes good.
Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

My high school classmate lives there. Love Seattle but hate those latte drinking liberal jackasses.

It's ok, we still love you even though you hate us. We'll convert you to a liberal soon enough!

It's ok, we still love you even though you hate us. We'll convert you to a liberal soon enough!

Had a great time at Pike Place though.

Pike_Place_Market_Entrance.JPG

Back