Mac and Cheese...wtf is the appeal?

It really is gross. I had for the first time on thanksgiving. My brother in law made it. It had bacon, jalapeño and three types of cheese, so I thought this will be awesome. First few bites I was like meh, it's kinda gross. I simply didn't like the texture.
Your bro in law is a shite cook

IMO it's a side not a meal.

Unless you're wasted.

Perhaps but mac n cheese is more like wac n cheese, amirite?!?
<codychoke>

But for reals, i can understand where you're coming from. There's good macncheese and shit macncheese. If your first exposure is to bad stuff, then, yea.
And stuff you would find in stores is usually not good.
You gotta know a guy that knows a guy

Velveeta.jpg

It's one of the finest foods to test if poop sticks to the inside of your toilet bowl after flushing. Gloriously devoid of any fiber!

It's an acquired taste. Remove a steady income and BAM, you develop a taste for it. Then you try to make it better each time you make it until it's actually not half bad for what it is.

So this is just a basic meal, that i have tried once, but i find it amazing that Americans think this is some holy grail of food when it just combines a few basic ingrediants into a dish.

Is it just poor Americans who do this?

Irs actually a ready meal where i come from and i dont think i have ever seen anyone other than me eat it

Same reason Australians eat Kangaroo meat and think AC/DC is good music. Comfort.

Like anything in life, the quality of the sample is what matters. Mac N Cheese from a box is garbage. Buy yourself some rigatoni, cook it al denté and then bake it with some mozzarella, white cheddar and parmesan with bread crumbs on top and you've got yourself a god damned hit.

If you really want to be a boss, mix in some roasted garlic, maybe some sausage or lobster, and a more high end cheese (manchego, goat cheese, etc).

Same reason Australians eat Kangaroo meat and think AC/DC is good music. Comfort.
Not many people eat kangaroo, some people will claim they do but mostly there full of shit. ACDC is a white trash staple in every country

The "good" mac and cheese recipes are carried by 1) quality cheese 2) slight crunch 3) slight textures added by the noddles. That's it, it's still a bad concept. I'd rather invest the cheese into a recipe that's more multidimensional. Already you could be making a dish like lemon zest pasta (al limone), using many of the same ingredients, but lifting the whole thing from the mud. Pasta alla zingara is amazing too.

Americans have no understanding of subtle flavour. All you know is salt, fat and sugar. But that's not your fault, papa England couldn't teach you what papa England doesn't even understand himself.

You should have your old account revoked for such a heresy.

So this is just a basic meal, that i have tried once, but i find it amazing that Americans think this is some holy grail of food when it just combines a few basic ingrediants into a dish.

Is it just poor Americans who do this?

Irs actually a ready meal where i come from and i dont think i have ever seen anyone other than me eat it

":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: please, I'm the macaroni WITH the cheese."

- Sean Combs

Just had some fantastic mac-n-cheese with some smoked brisket the other day. Smoked gouda, Fontina, cheddar, parmesean with asiago cracker crumble on top.

Also, holy shit at your join date.

Rare that I run into someone senior to me on here. Just realized how much of the last fifteen years I've wasted. Still not as bad as TS.

The "good" mac and cheese recipes are carried by 1) quality cheese 2) slight crunch 3) slight textures added by the noddles. That's it, it's still a bad concept. I'd rather invest the cheese into a recipe that's more multidimensional. Already you could be making a dish like lemon zest pasta (al limone), using many of the same ingredients, but lifting the whole thing from the mud. Pasta alla zingara is amazing too.

Americans have no understanding of subtle flavour. All you know is salt, fat and sugar. But that's not your fault, papa England couldn't teach you what papa England doesn't even understand himself.
It's not your fault that you're retarded, either, after all, your parents are blood related.

Southern African American Mac n cheese is GOAT and looks completely different. I'm to lazy to find a picture but we bake our MnC some use breadcrumbs. That box shit is good with some Vienna sausages.

GOAT post.

add some chicken as a main course in there and the white boys on here will have nuclear style melt down an turn black after every mouth full of this perfection

Back