Maajid Nawaz on Bill Maher

Willy Womack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone watch this?

They primarily talk about Islam and its relationship with liberal values.

Kinda long but worth the watch. I think it's an interview that many on both the right and left can appreciate. I hadn't head of this dude but I gained a lot of respect for him. Very intelligent.

Also, first minute and thirty seconds of this one you can see his "new rules" shitting on democrats. Pretty funny regardless of which way you lean.

By the way I don't always agree with Bill Maher and I know he acts sometimes like a smug cunt, but his show is one of the good political shows imo.

He's suing the SPLC for defamation. Did he talk about that?

Anyone watch this?

Kinda long but worth the watch. I think it's an interview that many on both the right and left can appreciate. I hadn't head of this dude but I gained a lot of respect for him. Very intelligent.

Also, first minute and thirty seconds of this one you can see his "new rules" shitting on democrats. Pretty funny regardless of which way you lean.

By the way I don't always agree with Bill Maher and I know he acts sometimes like a smug cunt, but his show is one of the good political shows imo.

72d948d2d8bd97f1c3232c92d9065bbf.jpg

There is a sect of islam called Ibadi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadi

It does not use violence against the infidels. Oman is mostly Ibadi. That is why I never hear anything news coming out of there. I use to see late night infomercials about the growing economy of Oman with their oil and shet, and trying to get people to invest in real estate there.

Bourdain just did a Parts Unknown on Oman

He's suing the SPLC for defamation. Did he talk about that?
Defamation is far harder to prove in the US than in the UK(Mashallah!) though so I don't think he'll win.

Defamation is far harder to prove in the US than in the UK(Mashallah!) though so I don't think he'll win.

True but he is muslim and can cry life was full of racism.

Depends on the judge really.

Its not illegal to be racist in the US though. Here we have free speech unlike in the UK where its far more likely to find a court willing to award you damages because someone said something mean about you or whatever.

This is a wholly reasonable assertion. And I just wish Christians understood they do the same thing when every time a christian kills someone in the name of God and they say "Oh he's not a real Christian".

The most important items he said were at 14:50-17:00

Majed is not the kind of peson to exlpoit the Racist/Islamophobic card. Infact he is branded a hater by SPLC and liberals for his staunch criticis of Islamism and Muslim orgs. who refuse to denounce it. As far as pro Islam liberals go, Majed falls into the same bucket as Dawkins, Ayaan,Harris,Tarek Fatah.

This is a wholly reasonable assertion. And I just wish Christians understood they do the same thing when every time a christian kills someone in the name of God and they say "Oh he's not a real Christian".

Christianity has a lot of teachings that go against killing including the commandment Thou Shalt not Kill and many non-violent teachings from Jesus like, "Love thy enemy" and "when someone strikes you, then turn the other cheek." It is quite reasonable to argue that someone who kills is not a true Christian.

It seems like Christianity cannot win. People piss on it for turning people into pacifist cowards while others piss on it for making people violent. How can Christianity be guilty of both making people too passive and making them violent?

Anyone watch this?

Maher has some dumb opinions, but he is a comedian. When you combine him being funny sometimes, and making a good point sometimes, his show is OK, for his part.

The problem is his guests. He has the dumbest fucking people on the left, on his show every week, and the fucking clapping seals in his audience, cheering these idiots, is absolutely ruining his show.

Christianity has a lot of teachings that go against killing including the commandment Thou Shalt not Kill and many non-violent teachings from Jesus like, "Love thy enemy" and "when someone strikes you, then turn the other cheek." It is quite reasonable to argue that someone who kills is not a true Christian.

It seems like Christianity cannot win. People piss on it for turning people into pacifist cowards while others piss on it for making people violent. How can Christianity be guilty of both making people too passive and making them violent?

The problem here, is in thinking religious text makes people anything, when people interpret religious text, to mean the literal opposite thing the words say, because some other passage contradicts it.

The problem here, is in thinking religious text makes people anything, when people interpret religious text, to mean the literal opposite thing the words say, because some other passage contradicts it.

Where in the bible does Jesus advocate killing or even physical violence?

Need more people Maajid to speak out.

The idea that all religions are equally bad is an ignorant one.

Where in the bible does Jesus advocate killing or even physical violence?

Jesus doesn't, but you ask this question this way, because you know the bible does.

See you ignore the parts of the bible, that contradict the good parts. That is a good thing, Christians should be applauded for that.

This also means that religious text is completely malleable. If the organized part of Christianity wanted people to start stoning women for adultery, because the bible says so, it would happen.

The problem with Islam is the gate keepers telling people to go kill infidels, instead of focusing on the passages that say love, and hug a tree and shit.

Back