m1 challenge 81 July 22nd! Kharitonov vsMondragon, Riggs, Gluhov

I thought this event was on later, did I miss anything fantastic?

He's doesn't even look like he manhandled another fighter for 5 rounds. Impressive.

Just watched the Sergei fight. That's why you don't cross your feet when you have back control. That's like day one of BJJ class stuff.

BJJ 101 ankle lock win for Sergei

I thought this event was on later, did I miss anything fantastic?

A spinning wheel kick KO.

Sergei getting an ankle lock while on the ground with his back taken, monumentally flabbergasting mistake from his opponent.

A spinning wheel kick KO.

Sergei getting an ankle lock while on the ground with his back taken, monumentally flabbergasting mistake from his opponent.
M-1 has those fights already linked to the event page. Got to see them all, nice to see Riggs get a win too.

has anyone ever actually been tapped from the 'don't cross your feet' ankle lock in MMA until now?

Unfortunately this was this best angle they got.

giphy.gif

M-1 needs more cameras, the view of the ankle lock was shit. Kharitonov on a nice 3 fight win streak since being upset by Ayala. Also nice to see Riggs pick up a win with some painful looking Ground n Pound.

Just watched the Sergei fight. That's why you don't cross your feet when you have back control. That's like day one of BJJ class stuff.
It really is day one stuff! I'm glad Sergei remembered though...God knows when was the last time he trained on the ground.

Nice to see that Sergei still has some grappling/subs.

Back